Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Future of the Tau
Closed Thread
Old 21 Dec 2004, 05:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Future of the Tau

There was a thread about this in the general 40k section that was locked before I got to it but...

What does everyone think will happen with the Tau... fluffwise anyway?

something I dont think anyone brought up earlier was that Tau although they dont have their own warp travel they have kroot warspheres at their command (which have warp engines according to BFG fluff) and the Niccissar (sp?) which are psyers
Old 21 Dec 2004, 05:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: Future of the Tau

The Tau ally with the Eldar and in particular the Ulthwe craftworld. The Eldar teach the Tau how to travel on the webway enabling much faster space travel. With this the Tau embark on a crusade against the Necrons, Orks, and Tyranids.

Old 21 Dec 2004, 06:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Orion

my topic isnt locked is it?

fluff wise i bet the ethreals go 2 the craft worlds. Biel tan will have a serious problem with this and there will b some minor eldar infighting.

"The quiet mouth gets fed last, Ask and you shall recieve"
-Unlimiter-
Old 21 Dec 2004, 06:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

... Why do Kroot have warp technology but not Tau? well Tau do but its only really basic and they can only do warp hops..

but anyway, what i think will happen, depends on whether or not the develop warp tech..

If they do, the empire will expand outwards at a frightening pace and the empire will become a serious threat to other races.. with their railguns and all.. (i reckon by the time that happens the rail rifle is a fire warrior upgrade.. maybe along with an ion rifle and more troop weapon upgrades or something..)

If not.. they're stuck with really slow expansion.. and won't really have any impact on any other races without warp travel..
Old 21 Dec 2004, 06:05   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Orion

tau will b like molasis powerful slow and sticky.

while orks are like gas fast numerous and plus they reproduce through spores.

"The quiet mouth gets fed last, Ask and you shall recieve"
-Unlimiter-
Old 21 Dec 2004, 06:10   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Kroot have a ton of stuff that the Tau dont...

in the codex it makes it sound like Kroot are all nice and friendly with the Tau but if you look at the stuff for the Kroot list (Chapter Approved) or the BFG stuff for Warspheres Kroot seem like they're doing alot of stuff behind the backs of the Tau...

I'm talking about the fluff in general, the codex probably wont be changed for a very long time
Old 21 Dec 2004, 07:39   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

Fortunastely the tau have warp travel, however with the abscence of any Psychic signiature or talent in the whole race the navigator gene was never developed and thus the Tau are restricted to short warp jumps. these jumps have however almost no danger of destroying or losing the ship as Tau have no warp presence the warp daemons arent attracted to their minds and leave them pretty much alone.

the Tau empire doesnt have the sheer numbers to contest the imperium and the imperium could squash the empire like a bug if it put onaa concerned effort, too bad it cant ;D, most of the impreiums power is locked in combat with the more influential races (eldar, orks, nids) and thus they dont have the force to spend eradicatinf the Tau, this leaves the empire to grow unmolested and subsume races into itself, this is the Tau strength. I dont think that the Tau empire will make any significant gains but it will make gains, it gained several new sept worlds from the damocles campaign backlash and has proven it can take the imperium on their terms, all that is needed is a race that is suited to front line fighting as the tau way of warfare is mobile akin to the hunting hound and is not suited to battlefront wars.

the Tau are relatively new and have not had the time to become entrenched in the fluff like the other armies so there is room for Gw to maneuver in the fluff so preedicting the course of events is quite impossible as noone can know what the little trolls at GW are planning, unless we have some GW trolls on this board? ;D
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Closed Thread