Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Remember that Feeding Frenzy thing?
Closed Thread
Old 19 Aug 2006, 04:42   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Remember that Feeding Frenzy thing?

According to the UK GT tournament FAQ, it won't work.

Link is here, on the third page.
Old 19 Aug 2006, 05:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Remember that Feeding Frenzy thing?

Thank you for the link.
Screaming defiance with the last breath,
To spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"

Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all stratagem is lost, and when all stratagem is lost, the battle is lost.

Tell me now, is there a man among you here, is there no one who will stand up and try to fight? Tell me man, is there not one in all your ranks, is there no one who values courage over life?
Old 19 Aug 2006, 13:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Finally some hard GW evidence! ;D :

Old 19 Aug 2006, 14:52   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Hate to say that I told you so, but.....

I told you so!

Old 19 Aug 2006, 17:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Darn. That rule seems a bit odd- why would a tank let the enemy flee instead of killing them? WEIRD :huh:

"Hold out baits to entice the enemy... If he is in superior strength, evade him... If he is taking his ease, give him no rest... Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected." ~Sun Tzu

Scientia potentia est
Old 19 Aug 2006, 17:40   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadshane1
Hate to say that I told you so, but.....

I told you so!
Aside from that being rude, you did not tell us so. You claimed the Tank Shocked squad would move any distance required for it to be safe. Not one person in the entire argument claimed the tank would stop before hitting the unit.
Screaming defiance with the last breath,
To spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"

Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all stratagem is lost, and when all stratagem is lost, the battle is lost.

Tell me now, is there a man among you here, is there no one who will stand up and try to fight? Tell me man, is there not one in all your ranks, is there no one who values courage over life?
Old 19 Aug 2006, 19:21   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

There is a lot of good FAQ material here, to silence many age old questions:

From FAQ:

[hr]

Q: - Fast moving skimmers penetrated by AP1 at all?

A: - No. (other commentary written, but not necessary to re-type)

[hr]

Q: - Fast moving skimmers are glance only even in close combat?

A: - Yes. (other commentary written, but not necessary to re-type)

[hr]

Q: - Can a model use the hit and run special rule against non-WS vehicles?

A: - No.

-- This is important to note, because many players in several communities were using this exploit to "sling shot" a Shas'O forward and deeper into enemy deployment zones via the Hit & Run rule, off enemy vehicles. This is illegal and FAQ'd now, so these players are now cheating if they continue that kind of exploitation!

[hr]

Q: - Do we measure from the model or the base, when it comes to vehicles and line of sight, movement, range, etc. This is a critical question because of the vague problems with the rules of bases and models and vehicles and skimmers with flying stands in particular. Which do we use?

A: - The model itself.

-- Another very good FAQ Q&A because this was heavily exploited by some players, but also very unclear and debated due to the wording of bases and vehicles and how our skimmers are. Now, it's clear. You use the Vehicle, not that little fly stand base.

[hr]

Very good information to know.

However, be clear, this is ONLY a FAQ for the Grand Tournament and does NOT apply to the whole of 40k officially, unless otherwise stated. So treat it as "good to know" info, but do not expect to enforce these rulings over people who are not playing in the grand tournament--though honestly, if it's ruled that way, it's probably a good idea to consider it.

(Did anyone else count how many terrible grammatical errors, totally incorrect words, forms, etc, where used in this document? That's pathetic how poorly written this thing was and obvious it was spell checked without being actually read by a human. GW apes!)

(Everything was paraphrased; so please see actual document for 100% accuracy).

Cheers!
Old 19 Aug 2006, 21:43   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well, that makes a lot of sense. Can you see this going down on the battlefield?

Commander: "Driver, the trap is set run those pesky humans over"

Driver: "Yes sir, engaging vectored thrust engines"

Tank stops immediatly in front of guardsman

Commander: "What happened, why and how did we stop so abruptly?"

Driver: "Sir, it's another GW FAQ sir, there is nothing I can do."

Commander: " Good job driver, we wouldn't want to go against their ruling just for the sake realistic warfare simulation now would we?"

Driver: "No sir we wouldn't, and thank God those pathfinder scouts don't get their scout move in their scout vehicle, that was a little too realistic for this game." "Oooo looky there, chaos Slaneesh noise marines in pink and turquoise armor, wielding air guitar weapons." :

I think this rule needs to be the theme for a new "Turn Signals on a Land Raider".
He could title it "Don't Scratch The Paint", or "A Little Too Realistic".

Still, I'd like to talk to whoever at GW makes these rulings and laugh in their face.
Old 19 Aug 2006, 21:59   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

It makes perfect sense. As I have said repeatedly on this topic, Tank Shock does not represent ramming. It simply represents a vehicle driving an enemy unit in front of it. If there is no where for the enemy to go, the vehicle risks crashing itself into whatever they are backed up against. If the unit passes their leadership test, you can assume that they are still shooting at or otherwise resisting the advance.
Old 19 Aug 2006, 23:50   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
It makes perfect sense. As I have said repeatedly on this topic, Tank Shock does not represent ramming. It simply represents a vehicle driving an enemy unit in front of it. If there is no where for the enemy to go, the vehicle risks crashing itself into whatever they are backed up against. If the unit passes their leadership test, you can assume that they are still shooting at or otherwise resisting the advance.
But just remember that the tank-shocking unit is in a massive steel (or stronger) war-machine of death and the tank-shockees are on foot and running for their lives. Saying that the massive steel behemoth would be afraid of running them down is like saying that they wouldn't shoot their guns for fear of a mis-fire or wouldn't move through terrain for fear of scratching the paint.

These are warriors who have been trained in the use of their vehicles for many years and know precisley how pilot them; if they wanted to they could easily come to a halt just before any obstacle, especially with the amount of technology in Tau vehicles. The driver doubtlessly gets constant data feeds of how far he is from obstacles, their relative speeds and how much reverse thrust he would need to apply to negate the chance of colision.

What I am saying is that in a real war situation it would be a possible and very common tactic for the tank to simply crush the enemy troops.

This GW ruling seems a little stupid, they may just not wnat to overpower tank-hocking but maybe they will change it to something mpore in line with reality once this tournament is over. Perhaps the tank can choos to crush enemies, if they do all threatened foes are auto-killed on a 4+ and the vehicle must take a dangerous terrain test. Probably to complex but I just hope they think of something.

-drodgers

"For the Greater Good!"
Closed Thread