Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Noob needs help on Tau Codex questions.
Closed Thread
Old 15 Aug 2006, 18:56   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Noob needs help on Tau Codex questions.

OK I've searched around a bit here looking for answers to my questions. I am having difficulty finding any answer to them. I just want to know 3 things. No where in the Codex can I find the answer to my questions.

1. Let's say I have 4 path finder units and I decide to "mark" an enemy unit. Can the 1 path finder also shoot his pulse carbine at the "mark" unit. Not using the marker light's benefits. I can't find the rules to this one in The Empire Codex...If there is can someone tell me the page number.

2. I know I must take 3 weapons system for a HQ Crisis Suit and Crisis Suit , but what is the limit for War Gear, and Support system for each of these Crisis Suit?

3. I know that I can't fire 2 or 3 weapons on a single turn with the Crisis Suit, but where in The Empire Codex does it say I can only fire 1 weapon on a given turn?
Old 15 Aug 2006, 19:04   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Noob needs help on Tau Codex questions.

1. You can't have 4 pathfinder units. You can fire the carbin or the markerlight.

2. 3 things for the CS. 4 Things for CS leaders. All you want on CS HQ's. You can only have 3 weapons though.

3. You can only fire 1 weapon from a suit unless you have a Multi-Tracker. If you have a MT you can fire 2 weapons. Twinlinked is 1 weapon by the way.

All of these are in the CS section.

Old 15 Aug 2006, 19:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

1. Hopefully you mean pathfinder model. Because you can only have 3 fast attacks. Yes, you can fire a carbine or a markerlight. However, not both.

2. Umm, you do't need to take 3 weapon systems. You can have none if you're interested. The piont limit is 100 pionts.

3. Rulebook states that each model can fire 1 weapon. However the Tau Multitraker allows a model to fire up to 2 weapons.
Old 15 Aug 2006, 19:49   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang

1)

if you give your shas'ui in the nit a HW multi tracker you can fire both but only with him

2)

page 25 in the battlesuit armoury box tells you the amount of wargear your battlesuits can take

each battlesuit must select 3 weapon systems or support systems (this is badly worded- you have to take 3 items but they can be any combination from these two lists)

and then you can take any amount of wargeasr up to the point limit

3)

the rulebook tells you this (if you don't have it it's a good idea to get one)

but a Multi tracker will let you fire two weapons (that's how your pathfiner shas'ui can fire both arkerlight and carbine

hope that helps
Old 15 Aug 2006, 23:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by TauCaptain
2. 3 things for the CS. 4 Things for CS leaders. All you want on CS HQ's. You can only have 3 weapons though.
Not sure what your saying there. All battlesuits have 3 Hard Points. All of these points must have something on it but that something can either be a weapon or a support system. If you wanted you could have 3 weapons and no systems or 3 systems and no weapons or any combination of them. As for wargear there is a 100pt limit but there is no limit on the number of items you take thus again I dont know what you mean by 3 and 4 things.

Other than that questions asked and answered, topic locked.

Closed Thread