Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Video Game???
Closed Thread
Old 12 Aug 2006, 01:37   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Tau Video Game???

I was thinking about a Tau video game. It would be an RPG in which you start al the way as a shas'saal in the training domes then at the end either becoming a champion worthy of praise or joining a different faction (farsight enclave or maybe you could make your own).

Just think all the weapons at your hands just waiting for you to take them to war!. Plus you can be any other race. It would have to be a massive game that could probably take up maybe 4-5 disks. But they could make one centerpeice game then have the expansions! Like NWN or Final Fantasy. Just think of the possibilities!!

No Pity No Remorse No Fear
[hr]
"All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Edgar Allen Poe
[hr]
[quote=Earring (Busy Destroying the World)]
Don't worry too much...remember...females can smell fear
Old 12 Aug 2006, 01:49   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Tau Video Game???

There already is a game like that: Warhammer 40000: Firewarrior. It was made in 2003

No Pity No Remorse No Fear
[hr]
"All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Edgar Allen Poe
[hr]
[quote=Earring (Busy Destroying the World)]
Don't worry too much...remember...females can smell fear
Old 12 Aug 2006, 01:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide
if IF a tau game should be made it should be like call of duty not some gay RPG other than that this is a stupid post.
Insulting someone's opinions is not something you should attempt on these forums. Individuals are free to express their opinions on this forum as long as they are following the set rules. They don't need you getting on their backs by insulting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'O Fi'rios Mont'da Korst'la
I was thinking about a Tau video game. It would be an RPG in which you start al the way as a shas'saal in the training domes then at the end either becoming a champion worthy of praise or joining a different faction (farsight enclave or maybe you could make your own). Just think all the weapons at your hands just waiting for you to take them to war!
Moving through menus to select to shoot your gun is insane. If you can find some RPG Warhammer plot that doesn't involve complete violence, and provides interesting, fluffy material from the Tau Empire, it would be a nice thing to experiment with. Shooting magic takes time, and player to player turns, picking up your gun and shooting/receiving gun fire does not. Guns+RPGs=don't mix.

The closest thing to this videogame would be Firewarrior. While not an RPG it has some nice action, and you're completing your 'trial by fire' through war (a.k.a. known as advancing through ranks).
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
Old 12 Aug 2006, 02:00   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

........... my friend if i was "insulting" him i would say that he is gay and stupid i said the RPG's are gay, he is not a RPG and i said that that this post is stupid he is not a post.
Old 12 Aug 2006, 02:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

RPGs are very hard to do, just read ToastMaster's post.

Anyway, the only way I can ever see guns in RPGs is with Yuna's "Trigger Happy" Overdrive in FFX(2). (For those who don't know what Trigger Happy is, it's basically pressing the "fire" button as fast as you can to fire as many shots into your enemy).
Old 12 Aug 2006, 02:20   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Quote:
........... my friend if i was "insulting" him i would say that he is gay and stupid i said the RPG's are gay, he is not a RPG and i said that that this post is stupid he is not a post.
You insulted him by calling his post stupid. Is there any other reason you don't like this idea other than "RPGs are gay"? If you're going to say anything, think it through a bit first.
Old 12 Aug 2006, 02:21   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I think that this would be a great idea, but it needs to be refined.

I agree, that the standard RPG style would not be suited to the Tau. Here's my suggestion.

First/Third person shooter combat. From each mission/battle/what have you, you gain experience and repute. As you gain experience, you gain levels, giving you a boost to your abilities.
The abilities will be things like stamina for running, steadines for well, steadines, and initiative for turnspeed.
Repute is used for wargear. For instance, a Shas'la can use repute to buy grenades. A Shas'ui can use repute to buy things such as drones, and, of course a battle suit. Once you do this, you use repute to buy weapons systems and more advanced wargear.

This could have potentially many hours of play, and I must say, I would be very pleased in the (very unlikely) event a game like this hit the shelves.

It could also be used for other races, such as Space Marines or Eldar.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
Old 12 Aug 2006, 02:23   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
First, stop with the use of "gay" as a term of insult. You are offending me and, I imagine, a large number of other people on this forum.

Second, if you don't want to look stupid yourself, try learning to write like an adult. Your punctuation and grammar makes your posts nearly incoherent.
Old 12 Aug 2006, 02:24   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Read my post, I was referring to you calling his post 'stupid'. Not the kindest thing. Also, the last part was a generalization. Not necessarily pointed towards you, just saying that insulting someone/'s posts is annoying towards the poster, and usually others that find the topic interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer Zero
basically pressing the "fire" button as fast as you can to fire as many shots into your enemy.
While a good integration of guns and RPG-like combat, it does not count for the otherwise unorganized and ruthless feel of gun combat. It just can't really fit into the whole RPG setup. Nice idea, though.
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
Old 12 Aug 2006, 02:31   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer Zero
basically pressing the "fire" button as fast as you can to fire as many shots into your enemy.
While a good integration of guns and RPG-like combat, it does not count for the otherwise unorganized and ruthless feel of gun combat. It just can't really fit into the whole RPG setup. Nice idea, though.
It's not my idea. It's the people who made FFX-2 :P

But, of course you are right. From all the RPG games I played, there was never a sense of guns like in FPS (or equivelents).
Closed Thread