Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Codex: "The worlds of the Empire"
Closed Thread
Old 10 Aug 2006, 05:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Codex: "The worlds of the Empire"

I was answering a post an in it I came thought how cool it would be to make up alternate lists for the tau. Similar to craftworld eldar, the tau need "Sept World" rules. After all, we're one of the few races that can't run unique FoC lists.

Any ideas for these kinda house rules? I personally would like to see a list which allowed sniper teams as elite choices and removed he 0-1 limitation. Could you imagine 36 rail rifles??? Not to mention 12 BS4 markerlights. Wicked!!! :rockon:
Old 10 Aug 2006, 06:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Codex: "The worlds of the Empire"

Err... 3 rail rifles per team, 3 teams per slot, 2 slots, 18 rail rifles... Unless, you're using Pathfinders too, in which case it becomes 27.

The sept worlds just don't vary enough in tactics to suggest a seperate list, everything's pretty much covered by the 'Dex. However, it would be an interesting, albeit unnecessary, homegrown rule set.

Read about each sept, and then come up with ideas.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
Old 10 Aug 2006, 06:03   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to CommanderAce

Umm little overpowered? But i came up with a stealth special ops alternate force for tau. Basically Stealths and pathfinders were troops and FW were elites while kroot wre fast attack. and hammerheads werent allowed. That was with the old codex. Maybe we can make a new one? but this is the wrong board for that...
-Achilles in Troy
All my life, I've lived by a code and the code is simple: Honor the gods, love your woman, and defend your country. Troy is mother to us all. Fight for her!
-Hector in Troy
I think the slain care little if they sleep or rise again.
Old 10 Aug 2006, 06:13   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Y Montyr
Err... 3 rail rifles per team, 3 teams per slot, 2 slots, 18 rail rifles... Unless, you're using Pathfinders too, in which case it becomes 27.

The sept worlds just don't vary enough in tactics to suggest a seperate list, everything's pretty much covered by the 'Dex. However, it would be an interesting, albeit unnecessary, homegrown rule set.

Read about each sept, and then come up with ideas.
3 rail rifles per team, 3 teams per slot, 3 elite slots + 3 HW slots = 6 slots. 6 slots*3 teams = 18 teams*3 snipers = 54 possible snipers, I said 36 only as an example of a build with 4 slots filled with snipers. the other 2 HW slots would be filled by broadsides or whatever.

I like the idea of an all stealth army, it would be fun. Stealth tanks???
Old 10 Aug 2006, 06:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to CommanderAce

again overpowered i made it so no hammerheads (now no skyrays too) so it isnt too overpowered. I also had an idea that the army fights at night and all suits get hardwired blacksun filters for free to compensate for the no hh or now skyray. And at least one group of stealths are required b/c all pretty much have stealth field then so no reason to take stealths.
-Achilles in Troy
All my life, I've lived by a code and the code is simple: Honor the gods, love your woman, and defend your country. Troy is mother to us all. Fight for her!
-Hector in Troy
I think the slain care little if they sleep or rise again.
Old 10 Aug 2006, 06:22   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

how about a pathfinder army that requires a pathfinder unit as troop choise or fast for every unit of other things in your army. many things would be 0-1. in consequence they would bennifite from powerful deep strike and be able to call in air strikes. mabee there is a devision of some kind that operates in this way. all foot units would need transport, since they would probobly drop in or infiltrate.
Old 10 Aug 2006, 06:26   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I think that the rule of balance for our sept world lists should be akin to those of other "special" army lists. In other words if we make ourselves powerful in one way, we must remove a different ability, for the sake of balance.

I guess Saim Hain, Ulthwe, Altoic never got that memo. Ork speed freeks, Iron warriors, and armored company also come to mind as shining example of balance gone wrong. I mean I wouldn't consider a list which ran 27 sniper drones any more brokan than the altoic ranger lists. Then we have the Iron warriors with 9 oblits plus basilisks, which is obviously just wrong.

So from now on, when posting to this thread, please try to make your ideas balanced, like an iron warriors list, but for Tau ;D.
Old 10 Aug 2006, 13:15   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Alright, this was a little house rule "codex" I wrote last year about a Stealth Army. It does list some units in the current codex (ex. XV-22 Stealth Commander, XV-25 Stealthsuits and Sniper drones). But, obviously since this was written long before the current codex, it doesn't the stats aren't the same. So replace it with the current stats.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=13853.15
Closed Thread