Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau interaction with Eldar?
Closed Thread
Old 10 Aug 2006, 00:01   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Tau interaction with Eldar?

I've read the official Tau fluff a bit, and I can't seem to quite find any mentioning of the Eldar. Perhaps i'm looking in the wrong place, but what do the two races think of eachother? Do the Eldar just view the Tau like they view all the other younger races? Any major conflicts?

Hopefully this hasn't been posted before.

There was a guy who had a suit / And Shas'o was his name-o. / S-H-A-S-O! / S-H-A-S-O! / S-H-A-S-O! / And Shas'o was his name-o!
Old 10 Aug 2006, 00:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Tau interaction with Eldar?

No major interaction thusfar. I think the tau would try to convince the eldar to join their empire and that they would protect the eldars few remaining craftworlds, but the eldar would be to haughty for that.
Old 10 Aug 2006, 00:40   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

eldrad ulthran once made a comment about how the Tau kick butt and they're the greatest. I'd guess that the eldar have been watching the Tau avidly like child predators.

But no, no notable physical interactions thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Anyways, just because we have already had someone who called it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMenUseCarbines
Heh, thought he'd know by now...watch this turn into another relationship advice thread.
*DING DING DING* You're a winner!!! you get your choice of bragging rights or nothing, choose wisely!!!
Old 10 Aug 2006, 00:56   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

A form of space elf looking at a bunch of blue-skinned people with fish names for tanks as if though they were children. Now you know we've hit rock bottom. xD

Thanks for the input, guys. I've always been wondering about that topic.

There was a guy who had a suit / And Shas'o was his name-o. / S-H-A-S-O! / S-H-A-S-O! / S-H-A-S-O! / And Shas'o was his name-o!
Old 10 Aug 2006, 01:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

the tau have fought a number of colony wars with their closest Eldar neighbor- Saim-Hann. But there has never been a real interaction between the two species- Medusa represents the first.
~good hunting
Old 10 Aug 2006, 01:59   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Saim-Hann? I thought they were still up in the Galactic north? At any rate, Iyanden is relatively close to the Empire, as is Alaitoc. Alaitoc interceded with the Demiurg on behalf of the Tau, but why and for what reason are still unknown. It was probably not for the sake of the Tau.

I doubt the Eldar and the Tau have ever had all that much contact. I would guess that there are a number of Eldar outcasts throughout the Tau Empire, though.
Old 10 Aug 2006, 02:22   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well, they might actually be interested in taking a look at that harlequin theatre/dancing stuff.... unlike everyone else who'd either try to eat them, kill them for heresy, kill them for fun, kill them for xenophobia....

I guess the whole "hey, they think about stuff other than just worshipping things and eating eachother! we do that too!" puts'em pretty close as far as 40k goes
Old 10 Aug 2006, 02:25   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova
I guess the whole "hey, they think about stuff other than just worshipping things and eating eachother! we do that too!" puts'em pretty close as far as 40k goes
Quoted for awesomeness.

Also, the Dawn Blade looks an awful lot like the sword on the new Wraithlord sprue. The two main contenders for "who gave him the darn thing" seem to be Eldar and Necron, but the name "Dawn Blade" doesn't sound too Necron-y to me.
Old 10 Aug 2006, 02:37   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I'd rather it be the "well we're arrogant but we DID learn our lesson the last time everything went bad... sorta" eldar than "yes, that's right, we're the even MORE ancient and powerful elder race"... why is it ALWAYS ('cept the tau; so thanks, GW, for making a rather uncommon exception to this) an even-more-ancient-and-powerful race anyways? one would think its easier to just take a side that wasn't involved and get'em involved..
Old 10 Aug 2006, 03:55   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

The Eldrad Ulthruan comment, i believe that is from the first Tau codex...

"Robed" Dark Angels-2500pts
Closed Thread