Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Questions from a Newbie
Closed Thread
Old 09 Aug 2006, 14:02   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Questions from a Newbie

I've just started Tau and have a couple of questions which most will find stupid, but alwell.

*Can an Ethereal lead an army instead of a Comander?

*Is Aun'Shi a special character(its just he's not in the Codex) and does he have any special rules?

To put simply, I hate Necrons, despise Tyranids and simply kill Space Marine!
Old 09 Aug 2006, 14:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Questions from a Newbie

Hi Kais Cadre and welcome to Tau Online.

In answer to your questions

1 - No. You must have at least one battle suit commander to lead your army (they're 1+). This represents the fact that a Hunter Cadre is a military force under the command of an experienced commander.

2- Unfortunatley no. Aun'Shi is no longer special character with rules. Online it suggested simply using him as an Ethereal with Honour blade. However if you write your own house rules for him and ask your opponents permission they may let you use him that way.

Good luck in serving the great good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 09 Aug 2006, 14:46   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kais Cadre
I've just started Tau and have a couple of questions which most will find stupid, but alwell.

Not anymore. In the old codex you could but under the new Tau Empire codex you must always have a battlesuit commander. Their 1+ now just like Firewarriors.

Quote:
*Is Aun'Shi a special character(its just he's not in the Codex) and does he have any special rules?
Again not anymore. He was one of the two characters in the old codex but was removed in the Tau Empire and we got Shadowsun and Aun'va. Too bad he was a cool character. If you want to use his rules try looking for a copy of the old codex or just use him as an Etherial with honor blade. Personally I think Aun'shi is the coolest Etherial model.

Old 09 Aug 2006, 17:32   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Again not anymore. He was one of the two characters in the old codex but was removed in the Tau Empire and we got Shadowsun and Aun'va. Too bad he was a cool character. If you want to use his rules try looking for a copy of the old codex or just use him as an Etherial with honor blade. Personally I think Aun'shi is the coolest Etherial model.
[/quote]

Yes I agree with Vash 113. Its too bad that they got rid of him. I never go to use him so it was kinda a waste of money.
Old 09 Aug 2006, 17:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:

'ere, warboss, we'z gotz outselvez a new 'un 'a' dese 'umies. wotz we gunna do? Hur hur. Yes, Boss. As da new member 'ere at TO, youz getz da complimentary stikkbomb, courtesy of Boss Deadnightz' boyz. Mind da fuze!

Orkiness aside, welcome. dont apologise. we all ask these things when we start!

Quote:

you can take one, sure, but the crisis suit commander must be taken as well. Your etherial could lead the cadre (old codex said cadres could be lead by them) but you'd have to have some bit of background. Like, he's leading the expedition, and the shas'el is his subordinate.

So, fluffwise, the answer is "yes, kinda" and gamewise, the answer is "feel free to take one alongside the shas'el".

Quote:
if he's not in the codex, he's no longer a special character. its unfortunate. as much as i disliked him, he had a decent background, and was far more realistic than the space pope or shadowsun, who are ridiculous. THe answer is no, unfortunately. But, there's nothing stopping you taking the aun'shi model, and calling him aun'shi, so long as he simply counts as a standard etherial with an honour blade...

Hmm, here's one for you. You want Aun'shi? You want an etherial to lead an army? Aun'shi, by BFG background, is heading off to the Farsight Enclaves on a large expedition to see what the hell is going on. So, take that, expand it, and you've got your background information set.

best of luck!

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 09 Aug 2006, 20:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Nice! Maybe if I had started the Tau instead of the Imperial Guard I would of had better luck. Thanks for all the advice. I might give Aun'Shi a couple of bonuses(1+strength) or something to make him stand out. Again, Cheers!

Old 10 Aug 2006, 10:30   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

There again, if he's no longer a special character, I can use him in combat patrol. Thats what I play most of the time.

Closed Thread