Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

500 pts need advice
Closed Thread
Old 16 Dec 2004, 05:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default 500 pts need advice

please rate my 500pt army i need as much advice as i can get

Shas'O * plasma gun, rocket pod, shield genberator, HW multi tracker, HW drone controller

12 firewarriors * *Shas'Ui, bonded

15 kroot *

3 stealthsuits * Shas Ui

i would have more FWs but i dont have the models > :'( i'm getting some more as soon as i can. any advice would be great, *
AUTHORITARIAN OPPRESSION, FAMILY ABUSE, DEPRESSION CAUSED BY CONFORMALITY AND ECONOMIC DEVISTATION WILL REIGHN. HUNGRY CHILDREN WILL NOT SPARE THE GROCER. REMORSE IN ALL FORMS WILL BE REMOVED FROM HUMAN THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS FREEDOM WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE THROUGH REVOLUTION OR DEATH. THIS SYSTEM OF A DOWN IS UNAVOIDABLE AS LIFE ON THIS PLANET BECOMES UNNECASSARY. WE HAVE THE POWER TO REVERSE THE TIDES OF TIME BY MAKING OUR AWARENESS OF ABUSE KNOWN TO THE POWERS OF INDUSTRY AND THEIR UNCOUTH POLITICAL ARMS. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY. OPEN YOUR EYES. OPEN YOUR MOUTHS. CLOSE YOUR HANDS AND MAKE A FIST!
Old 16 Dec 2004, 06:13   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: 500 pts need advice

Looks good to me, Bill. With only 500 points, an important objective for you will be to out-number (and thus, effectively out-gun) your enemy. So it's actually pretty good that you're going with the Kroot. Even in a scenario where there isn't a tree in sight, Kroot are often too tantalizing for any enemy to pass up wasting shots on. Sure, the Kroot will go down quite easily, but remember that 500 point thing. The enemy will need to choose his targets wisely and ignoring the Kroot could be just as bad. 15 str 4 shots at 24" ain't bad at all in such a small game.

As for the stealth team, I love stealth suits, su I give you a thumbs up. ;D Maximum shots for minimum models. Another good way to distract your enemy, too. Maybe ou'll even get lucky and one of his squads will waste a turn looking for them!

And you can't go wrong with the fire warriors. You gotta have them anyway.

As for you commander... The only real suggestion I have would be to make him a Shas'el and maybe give the FW team some drones... but his BS of 5 is just as useful.

So I'm done typing now! Approval of Thom is here!

Fine indeed.

http:/nyquildreams.com
Old 16 Dec 2004, 06:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

thanks, i think i'll keep my commander as he is, i'm kinda centimental about him, in my last game he took out a dark eldar lord in CC but that was only because i must have passed about 20 shield saves. ;D
AUTHORITARIAN OPPRESSION, FAMILY ABUSE, DEPRESSION CAUSED BY CONFORMALITY AND ECONOMIC DEVISTATION WILL REIGHN. HUNGRY CHILDREN WILL NOT SPARE THE GROCER. REMORSE IN ALL FORMS WILL BE REMOVED FROM HUMAN THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS FREEDOM WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE THROUGH REVOLUTION OR DEATH. THIS SYSTEM OF A DOWN IS UNAVOIDABLE AS LIFE ON THIS PLANET BECOMES UNNECASSARY. WE HAVE THE POWER TO REVERSE THE TIDES OF TIME BY MAKING OUR AWARENESS OF ABUSE KNOWN TO THE POWERS OF INDUSTRY AND THEIR UNCOUTH POLITICAL ARMS. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY. OPEN YOUR EYES. OPEN YOUR MOUTHS. CLOSE YOUR HANDS AND MAKE A FIST!
Old 16 Dec 2004, 06:32   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Ah yes... the Shield generator...
We would be lost without you, oh great Shield generator, for you are truly a thing of beauty...

...Um... Sorry. Caught up in the moment.
I've never even SEEN a Dark Eldar player, but I know that they are utter horrors in close combat, so way to go on such an achievement! Coolest thing one of my commanders ever did was blow up a Leman Russ as a Death or Glory.

But I digress. Good luck to fighting whoever your opponent may be!

Fine indeed.

http:/nyquildreams.com
Closed Thread