Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Crisis Suit concepts
Closed Thread
Old 06 Aug 2006, 04:02   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 127
Default Crisis Suit concepts

We all know that tau crisis suits are the most flexible part of any tau army, and we must suit them accordly. With four standard guns plus special issue, support systems, and twin-linking, the tau crisis suit is a force no doubt to be reckoned with.

SO what to equip our our awesome mechs? i thought we could all share our ideas here, ill start us off....

Shas'ui~ BC, MP, MT
a lesser version of a fireknife, pumping out plenty of shots. at 50 points it is definately worth considering.

Shas'vre~ ABF, TL-PR, MT
This is on my sideboard team, a choice i take against the many space marine players out there. A lil on the expensive side but i believe very point efficient if properly deployed.

and theres alot of would be great ideas if it werent for some certain rules, such as twin-linking taking up two weapons slot instead of just one (just think, twined linked missile pod and TL plasma rifles= total MEQ ownage >)

had a great would be idea like that? i'd like to here it! any other thoughta/experiance/whatever would be appreciated, good day.
p12om3th3us is offline  
Old 06 Aug 2006, 04:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Franklin Tennessee
Posts: 1,478
Default Re: Crisis Suit concepts

I like that BC, MP, MT set up, it's cheap and multi role(light vehicles/infantry)

Fireknife is good, but expensive.

I like that AFP a lot too, I think I'll start running one.

For city fight, you could take a 'vre with AFP, TL-Flamers, MT. He'd be a lot cheaper than the TL-Plamsa and all his shots would remove cover saves. Not as effective Vs. Marines, but packs a punch against anything with a 5+
__________________
Click the link and give me 10 views toward 10 million dollars. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...A7B2D8911D19D2
israfel420 is offline  
Old 06 Aug 2006, 04:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 405
Default Re: Crisis Suit concepts

i want to run a lone crisis with air burst fragmentation and twin linked fusion. basicaly i can deep strike him in to take out a command squad or a tank that i need dead now, with help from pathfinder devilfish. obviously not going to deep strike next to a space marine command squad, i was thinking imperial guard. mabee i should give him twin missle pod instead of fusion? with that he could still take out most tanks with deep strike aside a land raider or monolith. the fusion would only be handy against a landraider for the deep strike behind enemy lines and that would probobly cause him to be fried. yah for my "rambo" crisis i will give him twin missle pod and air burst on a shas'vre
PacoQuerak is offline  
Old 06 Aug 2006, 04:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 166
Default Re: Crisis Suit concepts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoQuerak
i want to run a lone crisis with air burst fragmentation and twin linked fusion. basicaly i can deep strike him in to take out a command squad or a tank that i need dead now, with help from pathfinder devilfish. obviously not going to deep strike next to a space marine command squad, i was thinking imperial guard. mabee i should give him twin missle pod instead of fusion? with that he could still take out most tanks with deep strike aside a land raider or monolith. the fusion would only be handy against a landraider for the deep strike behind enemy lines and that would probobly cause him to be fried. yah for my "rambo" crisis i will give him twin missle pod and air burst on a shas'vre
I would say stick with the missle pods, or even BC's. Specialize on crisis's as much as you can. Fusions and the AFP have very little in common other than range. Plus the other options are cheaper (I think???).
That way you have beter effectiveness that one shot of the FB.
well, gtg (parents!)
__________________
"Yeah, but I was Tau before they were cool... oh wait, that was never."

"Hold out baits to entice the enemy... If he is in superior strength, evade him... If he is taking his ease, give him no rest... Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected." ~Sun Tzu

Scientia potentia est
Shas El Ukos is offline  
Old 06 Aug 2006, 06:38   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 127
Default Re: Crisis Suit concepts

Quote:
Originally Posted by israfel420
I like that BC, MP, MT set up, it's cheap and multi role(light vehicles/infantry)

Fireknife is good, but expensive.

I like that AFP a lot too, I think I'll start running one.

For city fight, you could take a 'vre with AFP, TL-Flamers, MT. He'd be a lot cheaper than the TL-Plamsa and all his shots would remove cover saves. Not as effective Vs. Marines, but packs a punch against anything with a 5+
yea i run six of them in my army, though not designed to take out heavy infantry with all that massed firepower they down at least a couple of space marines per turn. fireknifes on the other hand at first would seem to be a perfect MEQ killer, but ask anybody here and they'll tell you their not the reilable ones. I prefer the "burning eyes" (TL PR,+ TA)
are an almost gurantee you'll kill one of those dam space marines, and with my shas'vre leader with his ABF you can put a good hurting on any army.

so hey i dont see anybody putting a concept they wanted to put up but couldnt b/c it wasnt workable rule-wise. ill say it again so uber-kewl if we could just do two twin-linked systems on a single like TL plasma rifle and missle pod, not only good on the field but awesome looking as well.
p12om3th3us is offline  
Old 06 Aug 2006, 10:25   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 92
Default Re: Crisis Suit concepts

An 'el armed PR FB TA with HW MT & DC + 2SD and 2 bodyguard armed PR FB TA with HW MT & TL.

Falconrider is offline  
Old 06 Aug 2006, 12:49   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 959
Default Re: Crisis Suit concepts

Quote:
Originally Posted by p12om3th3us
Shas'vre~ ABF, TL-PR, MT
This is on my sideboard team, a choice i take against the many space marine players out there. A lil on the expensive side but i believe very point efficient if properly deployed.
I run a Shas'vre with ABF, TL-MP, HW MT, HW BSF, & if I have him leading a Death Rain team, I give him a HW TL. This was I can use the ABF to deliver some pie plate of doom action on small fast little buggers (Tyranid hoards and such). Also I paired it with the TL-MP because I wanted to have some light anti-tank to aid the rest of the Death Rain team when their popping transports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p12om3th3us
and theres alot of would be great ideas if it werent for some certain rules, such as twin-linking taking up two weapons slot instead of just one (just think, twined linked missile pod and TL plasma rifles= total MEQ ownage >)
I think that Crisis Suits should have 4 hard points. So what if you want to have a everything, the cost per suit would quickly get out of this world.
__________________
Peace through Superior Firepower! =^.^=
KCKitsune is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WIP Crisis Suit ToastMaster Painting 17 02 Oct 2007 21:12
First Crisis Suit Cadaver Conversion 8 07 Feb 2007 23:55
'repaired' Crisis suit leg/non-GW crisis suit. (WIP) SqurielLord Conversion 4 16 Jul 2006 00:31
Tau Crisis Suit T_55 Showcase 6 23 Apr 2006 21:06
Building a Better Suit - Attempt #2 (Gerbera Pattern Crisis Suit) - UPDATED! ZandrisIV Conversion 42 02 Apr 2006 10:44