Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

would this make good use of markerlights?
Closed Thread
Old 06 Aug 2006, 03:49   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default would this make good use of markerlights?

this might seem/feel like it would go in the other board (tau army lists) but i think its more "justified" in this board

basically, my friend asked why dont i take seeker missiles and i said basically i dont like markerlight heavy armies unless there are certain circumstances in place
1) skyray. 'nuff said
2) 2 teams of pathfinders (4-6 man squads, all markerlights) with the works
3) 6 man squads of FW, each with a Shas'ui and markerlight times 6

then maybe you'd do some other random things like seekers to hammerheads, dfish, or piranhas (even though with all i mentioned above, thats almost 1K points so skip the piranhas)

does anyone else agree to that?
Old 06 Aug 2006, 04:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: would this make good use of markerlights?

if you take a skyray then they are probobly not worth buying. otherwise they can be increadibly helpful and take the enemy by surprise, mabee allowing you to hit somthing that he would not normaly allow into your los. i realy like the skyray.
Old 06 Aug 2006, 04:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Are you incorporating all of those markerlights in one army?
Old 06 Aug 2006, 04:17   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yeah, that would be way to many markerlights.

On a side note, I wish tetras were in our new codex. :'(

Cheap mobile markerlights, you bet.
Old 06 Aug 2006, 04:51   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I've used the 2 6 man PF teams along w/ 2x 10 FW squads mounted in DF w/ 'Ui & Markerlight. I really didn't feel that was too many markerlights. If your opponent is smart, he's going to recognize the PF for what they are & try to neutralize one ASAP, so it's nice to have the other one. Also, if the dice gods are favoring you that day, you might be lucky enough to have 2 operational PF teams, 'leap frogging' around and really causing some serious havoc.

And having 'hidden' ones in your FW teams allows you to possibly call in an airstrike if you will from a HH or Skyray if you find them in a bad situation. I know FW should never be allowed to roam around 'on their own' per se, but sometimes plans doing always go your way, lol.

~Sunscreem
Old 06 Aug 2006, 16:09   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

if there are FW w/ a markerlight in a dfish, that would not be a good idea...they have to stand and shoot.

for the pathfinders, just use the scout move to deploy and hope everything works out

and too many markerlights? 6+6+6+2=20...that means about 10 will hit (maybe 11 w/ a skyray targeting array) and thats nice room for 2 teams of stealth to up the BS to 5, reduce cover if necessary, or just use the seeker missiles planted in various areas. basically, ur prepared for everything.
Old 07 Aug 2006, 16:13   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

My dad collects the orks and has converted a basilisk, so I think the best way to take it out would be to use marker lightes and destroy from a large distance I would suggest getting a phew for your army.

If you agree that: Dieing tickles, copy this into your signature.

The Doctor said I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if I kept my finger out of there!

These black dots are itchy!

Frag Weak, Hurdle the Dead!

Pwner has become the pwned!
Closed Thread