Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau and Tzeentch
Closed Thread
Old 05 Aug 2006, 13:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Tau and Tzeentch

Now, I know Tau have no presence in the warp and blah blah blah, so please dont scold me for posting this.

The famous Tau phrase: The only constant in our universe is change, the wise adapt.

Doesn't anybody think that sounds a bit Tzeentchian? Change? Adaptation?

Any views on this?
Old 05 Aug 2006, 13:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Tau and Tzeentch

i see what you mean, tzeentch is the chaos god that 'changes' things[mutants ect] and want to change the universe[well everything] to their liking[altough most chaos gods want this too]. but the phrase The only constant in our universe is change, the wise adapt. doesnt really have anything to do with tzeentch, basically the tau are saying everything around them changes, and when the things around them change, so should they. so their saying they change when other things do, they adapt to what has changed. i can see your point though, but it does not really have much to do with them, anyway you probably wont see chaos say anything like that.
Old 05 Aug 2006, 16:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well, there's another reason why Tau might seem influenced by a malign (or perhaps not) influence. On page twenty of the Tau codex, the good genetor outright says that it's possbile that the Tau were changed by some unkown outside force.

If this is true, one must wonder who did it, and why. So, who could have something to gain from a very advanced race who were not present in the warp?

The first thing that pops to my mind are Necrons. Tau are said to be 'hard to see' by daemons, and are perhaps a way of easy harvesting after chaos (or what causes it) has been defeated. Or, perhaps they are a way of developing new tech for their necron warriors. Whatever the case, if Tau were influenced by Necrons (and Necrons can do that - they put the pariah gene into humans) it cannot be to any sort of a good end.

Another possibility is the Emperor. I've got a feeling that a lot of people are going to jump down my throat for this, but it's a possibility.
Look at the similarities between the Tau and human histories. There was a time of strife where there was no great knowledge of technology, later brought together by mysterious figure(s). The races then had an explosion in technological advancement, reaching out into the galaxy and forging an empire. Their warriors encountered hostile races, and in the name of their nigh-religious figures/ideals (Emperor and the Greater Good) they fight and expand.
Now we look at what went wrong with the Imperium and what hasn't happened to the Tau. Horus, and eight other primarchs, were tainted by Chaos and started the Horus Heresy. Tau can't be tainted by chaos.
So, perhaps the Tau are sort of the Emperor's attempt at a new race, to succeed and surpass humanity.

A third idea is that the Old Ones did it. Fluff that I've ready indicate that they weren't wiped out, just nearly and fled the galaxy. Perhaps they regrouped, and are forming a new successor race that will not fall as they did to the onslaught of Daemons and the stuff of Chaos. The Eldar are dying, the Imperium is collapsing, and the Orks are threatened by Necrons and Tyranids. The Tau are a new hope in the galaxy. If they are not capable of withstanding all the threats of the grim darkness of the far future, their rapidly advancing technology will soon allow them to. This idea basically replaces the Emperor with the Old Ones.

At any rate, we'll probably never find out. But it's kinda fun to theorize.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
Old 05 Aug 2006, 16:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Shas O Kirua Kais Shi

My Tau are slightly corrupted by Tzeentch... fluffwise, they have been aided by my Thousand Sons on more than one occasion. I do believe Tau can be corrupted, just that it's a rare occurence because they don't have a strong prescence in the warp. They would also justify their corrupt actions by saying "I did it for the Greater Good" or something like that.
Old 05 Aug 2006, 18:45   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to Eskimocrisis

I thought Tau hated Chaos? ??? I could be wrong (new to Tau) but I believe someone on here; or somewhere on the web said that. To my knowledge something like the Horus Heresy has already effected the Tau. Commander Farsight, he is consumed by the war against Orks. So they outcasted him and is now on his own with a band of FireWarriors. Preforming the greater good his way.... the aggressive kill everyone way. ;D
Old 05 Aug 2006, 19:28   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

There have been many attempts to link chaos and tau. I don't really see how a race that has "no presence in the warp" would have anyhitng to do with creatures of the warp. Then again they might not see each other as a threat so who knows? Personally I think chaos would find the tau repugnant and vica vers. bet that is just an opinion.
Old 05 Aug 2006, 19:34   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by israfel420
There have been many attempts to link chaos and tau. I don't really see how a race that has "no presence in the warp" would have anyhitng to do with creatures of the warp. Then again they might not see each other as a threat so who knows? Personally I think chaos would find the tau repugnant and vica vers. bet that is just an opinion.
Actually Tau are not pariahs. They do have a warp presence. It is just a very small one. Thus they are terrible hosts for possession because they would burn out in a heartbeat for any modest deamon and the Tau easily link chaos with the Mont'au. Chaos alternately cant stand Tau (the book Firewarrior gives us a few insights here) and seems to tend to want to destroy the Tau over attempts to corrupt them.

Now trickery on the other hand is different. Tau dont have to be possessed to be fooled into helping chaos. It is such trickery that helps chaos easily taint humans but with Tau chaos can make them pawns and perhaps if done long enough corrupt them but more often than not chaos would try to destroy Tau one way or another from the fluff Ive read. Still we dont have much to go on and aside from a short story on GWs website and Firewarrior were in the dark mostly.

Old 10 Aug 2006, 01:03   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Chaos can't stand Tau? Intriguing, a friend of mine plays Chaos and we can't quite find any sort of fluff reason for our forces to be fighting. Why do they hate Tau? Because they hate anything good natured?

There was a guy who had a suit / And Shas'o was his name-o. / S-H-A-S-O! / S-H-A-S-O! / S-H-A-S-O! / And Shas'o was his name-o!
Old 10 Aug 2006, 01:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

the tau have fought with chaos warriors before, but to the Tau relationship with Chaos is bad because they represent everything wrong with nature (they don't go with change they make it). I always say this but the Tau were made to stand apart from the rest of the races of 40k, relating them only blemishes them.
what would be so good about the Tau being related to the Crons or the Eldar?
~good hunting
Old 10 Aug 2006, 01:15   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
Chaos alternately cant stand Tau (the book Firewarrior gives us a few insights here) and seems to tend to want to destroy the Tau over attempts to corrupt them.
I KNEW IT! We're all culexus wannabes!!! Hail the Star-Gods!

The Tau aren't really related to chaos or 'crons, they're just naive. Give GW a couple of months to develop the fluff, we'll see where this swings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Anyways, just because we have already had someone who called it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMenUseCarbines
Heh, thought he'd know by now...watch this turn into another relationship advice thread.
*DING DING DING* You're a winner!!! you get your choice of bragging rights or nothing, choose wisely!!!
Closed Thread