Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

stealth question
Closed Thread
Old 04 Aug 2006, 20:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default stealth question

i was in a battle with my little brother who plays I.G. i had commander shadowsun behind a squad of fire warriors. my brother shot a battle cannon at the fire warriors and the blast hit shadowsun and her drones. would a stealth field generator affect that?
Old 04 Aug 2006, 21:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: stealth question

no, she's f****d
unless she can make a 4+ invuln save
Old 04 Aug 2006, 21:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

PacoQuerak is right. The rules say that barrage weapons roll an addationel D6 on scatter when targeting the model but as the model was not the target in your situation its just bad luck. Did she die?
Old 04 Aug 2006, 21:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

no, but it knocked out one of her shield drones. then he used his heavy bolters to shoot at me again and knocked out the command drone. he had forgotten about stealth and so had i and it wasnt till later that i realised it. :'(
Old 04 Aug 2006, 21:47   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

yeah I know how it is. I always make sure to put those specials on my armylist when I play (notes with pagenr. in the rulebook and such) It helps me remember the specials and make sure I don't make the same mistakes again.
Old 04 Aug 2006, 23:12   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

ho ho not me, I never forget stealthsuit rules, I&#39;m an annoying barstand.
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Old 04 Aug 2006, 23:49   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yeah, forgetting about stealthfields is pretty much the same as turning your entire stealth squad into VP&#39;s for the other guy, or at best really really really expensive gundrones.
Old 05 Aug 2006, 00:09   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaso Rael
he had forgotten about stealth and so had i and it wasnt till later that i realised it. :&#39;(
Same sort of thing happens to me, I never remember to make people tak their pinning checks, damn it&#39;s annoying when I remember after a game.
"The strength of your force may be calculated by multiplying it&#39;s weight by it&#39;s velocity. Strive always to maximize both" - Commander Puertide

"For the Greater Good!"
Old 05 Aug 2006, 08:41   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Nuke

ARRRGH! Wow, I keep forgetting that my precious sniper teams pin! I usually doesn&#39;t matter, as the target (IE: today it was an 8 man assault squad, BOOM! 8 marines dead 1st turn ) but, if it doesn&#39;t, and I realize after the game, it gnaws on me.... But the stealth checks ended up making my opponent&#39;s dreadnought waste 2 turns worth of shooting trying to spot the snipers &gt; Let&#39;s see, the kill tally for my snipers now includes.... over 2 tac squads, 2 assault squads, a glanced dreadnought, a Terminator Chaplain, about 1.5 squad&#39;s worth of termies, all only over the course of 2 games... Did I mention that I liked Sniper Drones? That Stealth field has saved their butts many times, but, alas, it wouldn&#39;t work in the scenario Rael described, as has been stated. Poor Shadowsun
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a well-constructed sentence is worth a thousand pictures" -Use spell check, it&#39;s there for a reason.

"He who opens a school door, closes a prison." -Victor Hugo
Closed Thread