Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Gue'vesa in every game
Closed Thread
Old 04 Aug 2006, 00:15   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Gue'vesa in every game

Ok since the Gue'vesa rules are Chapter Approved, does this mean that they are legal in every game, or do you need your opponent's approval to field them?
Old 04 Aug 2006, 00:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Gue'vesa in every game

Hmm, good question. Lets ask GW..."Hello GW can you answer a question"..............
.................................................. .................................................. .............................
.................................................. .................................................. .................................
.................................................. .................................................. ...............................
This could take a while............................................. .................................................
.................................................. .................................................. ...............................
Yes, we'll release that information in the next FAQ update, sometime in the year 3021.
Well, there you have it GW says we'll know the answer in 3021. (Wow I'm actually shocked they are ever going to release another FAQ) :
Old 04 Aug 2006, 00:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by israfel420
Hmm, good question. Lets ask GW..."Hello GW can you answer a question"..............
.................................................. .................................................. .............................
.................................................. .................................................. .................................
This could take a while............................................. .................................................
Yes, we'll release that information in the next FAQ update, sometime in the year 3021.
Well, there you have it GW says we'll know the answer in 3021. (Wow I'm actually shocked they are ever going to release another FAQ) :
ummmm...... ok

now, I was under the impression that chapter approved meant that you could legally use them in game. Unless, I am way off I think you can use them anytime. Hopefully we can get someother people to post and confirm.
Old 04 Aug 2006, 00:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quick answer is Yes . The only real sticking point at this time is (because of the new Tau Empire codex ) they have not been officially re- Chapter Approved . However we do see them modeled in a number of White Dwarf issues , including the last issue .

* Just to be safe ask your opponent or gaming group if they have a problem with you using Human Auxiliaries.

I am your lighted way and I am your darkest day. -Godsmack
Old 04 Aug 2006, 00:47   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Ok I gotcha. I don't think my opponents would mind much because what can measly squad of guardsmen do in a Tau army?
Old 04 Aug 2006, 01:30   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

There is no problem with feilding Gue'vesa at all... I don't really think you need your opponent's permission. Sure they weren't in the new codex, but this is probably because they don't have 'official' models for them, and we can't have noble Iguard wizards soldiers working for xenos, can we? :

The only thing that I've heard being cast into doubt/must use permission is the Armored company list... for somewhat obvious reasons. Since it was such a problem in official tournaments, that entry I guess is 'opponent's permission only' and is no longer tournament-legal.
Old 04 Aug 2006, 01:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsehound
There is no problem with feilding Gue'vesa at all... I don't really think you need your opponent's permission. Sure they weren't in the new codex, but this is probably because they don't have 'official' models for them, and we can't have noble Iguard wizards soldiers working for xenos, can we? :

Not really. Drop pods don't have an official model (FW don't count) and they have rules in the SMurf codex.
Old 04 Aug 2006, 02:05   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Ha Nids have a drop pod. Kind of. We have instructions to build our own.

The all consuming Y he are beyond the teachings of the Tau va And we Y he are proud of it

Lictor, Lictor, in a tree,
Stupid humans can't see me,
Reach out quick and cut one down,
See the rest all run around.
Quickly kill the last in line,
Hear the rest all squeal like swine.
Cut and slash and hack and slice,
Welcome to my paradise.
Lictor, Lictor in a tree,
No one's left to search for me.
Old 04 Aug 2006, 04:22   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

But it isn't essential to have a drop pod in the game, is it?

Sure I hear rules that they have a bolter and all that, but do players really need to mark the location of the drop pod after it's use for further impact in the game? Or is it a one-time deal?

frankly the 'it has no model' is only an excuse I've heard from here and maybe the relic boards- I have no idea why the Gue'vesa were not admitted... though it may have something to do with ticking off the Iguard fanbase...but it's only a hunch.
Old 04 Aug 2006, 04:27   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Actually a drop pod has a storm bolter and fires on BS2 and can be upgraded with a better weapon. It has an AV and actually can be easily used to block LOS and split the enemy. Ive seen that kind of thing done a number of times.

As for Gue'vesa they werent used too much in chapter approved thus that might be a reason why but I think whatever the reason it was lame. I was really hoping to see Gue'vesa in the new codex. It would have been easy enough.

Closed Thread