Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New command suit
Closed Thread
Old 02 Aug 2006, 07:05   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default New command suit

Just running this by everyone, what do you think?

I'm looking to convert an XV-25 into an XV-24 command suit for my Shas'O. This will be his armament:

Markerlight/Target lock
CIB
Burst Cannon
Command & Control Node
Hard-wired Multi-tracker
Hard-wired Drone controller
Marker Drone
Shield Drone

He basically will sit back and support my static FWs, at 173 he's a bit expensive, but extremely useful in support of my static elements. Also will look cool having a smaller, much more mobile suit.

Second, I have some ideas of my own, but anyone else have any tips/ideas on scratch-building a CIB?
Old 02 Aug 2006, 07:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: New command suit

Id drop the drones and use one of the Forgeworld suits. One of them is equipped with a markerlight. Ontop of that the C&C node and a missil pod wouldnt be bad. As an IC he could stay almost completely safe while offering high BS markerlight support and accurate missil fire when and where needed.

Not a bad idea though, the stealth might look cool Im not a fan of the new stealth models myself though.

Old 02 Aug 2006, 09:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

hm........a quite expensive "support commander".

the marker-drone could also be added to your FW squad´s directly, and if he´s surrounded by your static fireline, there should be no need for a shielddrone cause the IC-status should keep him safe......
the c&c-module is only useful for target priority tests; no other stuff gained from that

and the weaponry is...... hmm.......i think if he should support your static firelines i think he shouldn't a.) have 12" less range and b.) he should be able to kill stuff that your static firelines (i am assuming that you firelines consist only FW) are unable to kill (heavy stuff, vehicles) and not add a few more pulse shots..............

just my opinion......

but the models itself could be quite nice i guess.....
And the old one stood there grinning
"Poor fool, who never had seen that a warrior shall fight against warrior
You'll never win if you're only looking ahead and never inwards"
Suddenly the old one was gone
And the wind carried away the boat
Old 02 Aug 2006, 13:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Hey it sounds like a cool idea but right now his set up doesn't actually work that well for him.

Let's try something a little different:

Shas'O in XV-24 battle suit:

Markerlight/target lock
Missile pod
Fusion blaster
Comand and Control node
Hard wired multi tracker
Total - 129 (I think... I don't have IAvol3 with me at work, it's a bit large )

This commander will perform much better than the other one. Drop him down between a couple static units of firewarriors, some broadsides and snipers and it'll be great. Firstly they'll all get Ld 10 for target priority, that's pretty kickass! Secondly you have an BS 5 markerlight that Can't be shot at due to the Shas'Os indepdant character status!

The reason I gave him the missile pod/fusion blaster combo is simple.

The missile pod is the only weapon he can take that has the same range as the markerlight. This means he can stay a nice safe 36" away from the enemy and mark them while also adding a couple strength 7 shots. Pretty useful vs. Mid/light vehichles.

The fusion blaster is there so that if the enemy does get close into your lines with something big and nasty, particularly a tank of some sort, you're commander can move to intercept and destroy it since he's mouting the two stongest battle suit weapons!

Overall I think it's VERY IMPORTANT for this suit to remain and independant character, don't give him drones, those can be attached directly into the static warrior squads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 02 Aug 2006, 15:26   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I get the Drone part, so I'm going to drop 'em, however, I face a lot of large infantry armies, Orks, Guard and I'll be facing a lot of Eldar once the new codex comes out (my buddy's got a huge army, but refuses to play it until the new codex comes out because he says they've been a bit screwed by 4th Ed.) So, except for my buddy's Speed Freeks, I've never had a vehicle get within 12" of my lines, and then that's just an Ork Trukk, which can be popped easy by Pulse shots. So high killing power isn't prime for this guy, I want rate of fire. I've got another suit with FB, PR, MP to deal with vehicles (and he can usually do that on his own) and, when I expand my army, about 3 others. I also have 2 6-man XV-15 teams (one team with a converted FB) and I rely heavily on Seekers. That's my anti-tank kit there. The big loaded-out suit runs up the table while the SS flank, and get rear armour. Meanwhile my static FW squads use Markerlights to a) hit armour with Seekers and b) Give the forward teams support. I want him to only have that 18" range because I think it fits better to a commander. He'll spend most of the time directing his troops (Markerlight and C&C Node) then the last crucial moments to blast the enemy to oblivion.
Old 02 Aug 2006, 15:36   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well if it's anti infantry I'd replace the fusion blaster with either a burst cannon or the CIB.

I'd keep the missile pod though because it's still got 2 shots, punches through most infantry armour that Orks and Eldar use. It's strong enough to at least glance any of the vehichles they use and it matches the range of the markerlight perfectly.

It won't give you quite as much infanty dakka up close, but it will be firing for probably two turns before your anti infantry weapons would be in range.

Actually I think missile pod and CIB would be a really awesome combo, 7 shots a turn ain't bad.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02 Aug 2006, 19:26   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Just a random note; one of my Crisis suits is an XV-24- a stealth suit prototype with a massive modular weapon kit assembled on the right arm. The backpack was also reconfigured to place both engine pods next to one another. Basicly, the multi-weapon represents a combination weapon system that can be configured to carry any weapon system I wish it too (since I used bits from just about every weapon).

I built it out of the frustration of hearing people tell me "You have the wrong config for you crisis suit!/you suck with this config/you should have done something else!!" So I did do something else, and the result is one Stealth Suit concept not excepted- with the modular multiweapon.

But as of yet we don't have stealth generators as applicable systems on crisis suits...
Old 03 Aug 2006, 03:53   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Falstead: That's actually a good idea, because I'm only losing one shot compared to my previous config, and get a S boost of 2 in those 2 shots, and double the range. Now, the only question remaining is: how do I convert that XV-25 BC into a CIB? I've already got an idea for how to do the Missle Pods, the CIB is my challenge...
Old 03 Aug 2006, 13:21   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well both the CIB and the bursty have 4 barrels each. What you could do is a simple "one cut conversion"

Chop the front off the XV-25 bursty and replace it with the cluster of barrels off the CIB.

Other than that I'm not sure, but I'm sure you can think of something

I'm glad my advice was useful and goodluck with him!
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread