Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

XV25 sprues and models
Closed Thread
Old 01 Aug 2006, 21:02   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default XV25 sprues and models

I got myself recently a box of the XV25 battlesuits. Not in preorder, just out of GW when they were fully released. Someone caught my keen eye.

The models themselves look narrower than they do on the box, it looks like the main body has been pinched. and if I'm not mistaken, the bodies were whole in the orginal sprue, while mine were in halves.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think GW actaully listened to critisism that the XV25 didn't look stealthy enough and changed it. Take a look yourself.
"With the memory still in our minds of the Benevolent and Invincible force on the feild of battle that was tash'var'shas'o'Shuam'Kais&#39 ;Ukos. May it been seen in our youthful Sept that 'Ukos' bare a new meaning here among the ashen rock and blood stone. May it bare the meaning of Bravery, command and supreme resilient in the face of the empire's foes." - Aun'O'Buch'uu address at the funeral of Tash'var's eldest general -
Old 01 Aug 2006, 21:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: XV25 sprues and models

Yeah I think that's just from looking at them for awhile. I hated them at first, they were too fat a gorilla like but after seeing them for months on end they looked much better. And I think that they always were in halves rather then whole.

Old 02 Aug 2006, 00:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: XV25 sprues and models

Welcome to the Forums!

The models compared to the pictures look slimmer, however, it's really just a combination of bad photography and photoshop. If you compare the images of the box/pre-release vs. the images from the website/actually models, obviously you would notice the fatness of the former. However, the other pictures are in their "native" format. Meaning, they are not strechted, widened to fit on a box or a poster. Because of that, those box pictures are fatter.
Closed Thread