Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Medals?
Closed Thread
Old 28 Jul 2006, 23:36   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Tau Medals?

"I commend you Shas&#39;O for your bravery in the face of great adversity, I present to you the..."

I was thinking, the other day what can I do to this fire warrior that did well in the last battle, I KNOW, I&#39;ll give him a medal, the one problem is, I don&#39;t know what (if any) medals the Tau have. I do know about The Silver Knife, I saw that on the Medusa V website, they give it to those commanders that (I think) may have either "passed on" or suffered great injuries, like the medallion crimson.

So what Tau medals do any of you know about?

PS: If you don&#39;t know of any actual medals you could post some that sound good

PPS: admittedly some of you may say that the Tau do not receive medals, they merely get satisfaction of a job well done, but I do not believe this is so, and if you believe otherwise please just play along dont be a spoilsport.
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Old 29 Jul 2006, 01:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau
Default Re: Tau Medals?

The way I work, if you are the last member of your squad standing, make all your last man tests, take a wound off a daemon prince, destroy a rhino, then force a really annoying Ld test, have them fail it at Ld 10, and then stand there are take the shots instead of my last Pathfinders, I paint a little stripe onto you.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I&#39;ll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You&#39;ve got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 29 Jul 2006, 01:25   #3 (permalink)
SGS
Shas'La

I&#39;m with mech----valor stripe. I mean its really a plastic soldier, give one that stood up well a stripe. if you are modeling some sort of hero, give him a couple of gold stripes and some shiny bits on the chest (perhaps in sept and metalic colours.

Sale or trade DE wyches, Wood Elf Waywatchers, and more: http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,92810.0.html
Old 29 Jul 2006, 01:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

Instead of a medal, perhaps a new name? Tau earn names for their styles of service, so name your character for the kind of adjective that best describes him.

For Example; My commander had "unforseen" added to his name after he pulled through against all odds and won a carnage scenario.
Old 29 Jul 2006, 09:34   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
The way I work, if you are the last member of your squad standing, make all your last man tests, take a wound off a daemon prince, destroy a rhino, then force a really annoying Ld test, have them fail it at Ld 10, and then stand there are take the shots instead of my last Pathfinders, I paint a little stripe onto you.
I&#39;m glad I don&#39;t serve in your army, that seems like quite a feat.

Was you opponent annoyed?
"The strength of your force may be calculated by multiplying it&#39;s weight by it&#39;s velocity. Strive always to maximize both" - Commander Puertide

"For the Greater Good!"
Old 29 Jul 2006, 09:37   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to cyberzomby

yeh, Tau dont realy like medals and stuff ( They dont care about shiney things for themselves )

Khaldun is very right and I like that idea to paint there names on the sides of there bases or somewhere on the armour after they done an amazing feet
Old 30 Jul 2006, 00:46   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Tau of all caste&#39;s are recognized for their achievements by the number and intricacy of rings in their hair
Old 30 Jul 2006, 06:53   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Actual
Tau of all caste&#39;s are recognized for their achievements by the number and intricacy of rings in their hair
BUT, since fire warriors are prone to wear helmets,
assorted stripes and kewl names are the order of the day.
i&#39;d say if yer boy is that cool, repaint his helmet all snazzy.
Old 30 Jul 2006, 10:38   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

well, they are good ideas, just not what I&#39;m looking for, the silver knife does exist, so it seems that the tau seem to go for knives, stripes, hair-rings and names. But some kind of medal would be nice...I dunno...the cyan cross (insert chuckle here all of you who have seen those pictures)
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Old 31 Jul 2006, 04:43   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

When my commander had killed more than 12HQ characters and dropped more than 50 other enemies I gave him a new model standing on an emperors champion. Once my commander had killed more than 100 elites/HQ models I put a large black knife transfer on his Fusion Blaster. When one of my tanks does very well I paint gold lettering on the side of its hull. Havent gotten around to giving valor marks to my shas&#39;ui and other infantry. Though there have been many times where they did well. Once a Firewarrior squad was nearly wiped out leaving just the shas&#39;ui after having caused no cassualties to a sisters squad. My shas&#39;ui passes moral then passes last man standing and proceeds to rapid fire, hits twice, wounds twice and kills two sisters before being shot down next turn. I should paint something special on him.

A trophy on the base, or something works. Tau may not show such prideful things but you as the player can. I saw someone who kept a count of his commanders impressive kills with gold lines on his base. Around the edge.

Closed Thread