Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A few messed up Ideas
Closed Thread
Old 23 Jul 2006, 03:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to The Mothman
Default A few messed up Ideas

After my game today, me and a friend got to talking, which lead to thinking.
A few of our thoughts were:
Tau Carnifex: Cybernetic Implants (think Vespid Helm) to mimic the Hive Mind...FOR THA TAU'VA

Interrigators: Dark Eldar that some how deiceded to stop being all evil, and fight for the Tau'Va...as torture masters, so they still get to have some fun! FOR THE TAU'VA

Dakka Orkz: Orks who after getting their green rears handed to them, saw the Commander as the new war boss and followed him in his Waaaagh!. On ships they just get to play with the remains of the interigators. FOR THE TAU'VA

Stealth Deathwing: An army of stealth suits lead by Shadowsun. FOR THE TAU
VA

Rice Paddi: The Tau seem asian, so we thought of rice patties. FEED THE TAU'VA!

I know most (all) of these are fluff nightmare, but what ever. Have you ever had any messed up Tau ideas?
Old 23 Jul 2006, 04:56   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: A few messed up Ideas

Not really though there was a joke going around for a while. See this one rather idiotic player that used to come to my local hobby shop had a Tau army. Now his army was painted in every shade of metalic color you could think of, and when I say painted I mean dolled on so thick it obscured detail and dotted on the tanks like poka dots. The army if you could call it that simply hurt the eyes to look at. So some of the others used to joke that it should be a weapon.

Shiny paint: The army is wearing armor so brightly painted that it hurts to look at. All enemies get a reduced range of 6" and get a pentalty of -1BS and LD and if they charge a unit with shiny paint they have to take a leadership or fail floundering in the painful flashyness.

The sad thing is some of them actually used that rule and... he still lost.

That aside I actually like the Shadowsun army idea it would just be cool to have an army entirely made up of stealth suits and sniper drones led by Shadowsun. Not too fluffy but hey it would be somewhat cool.

Old 23 Jul 2006, 05:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I can see the ork idea actually happening.... as a matter of fact, I'd be slightly surprised if it hasn't. I mean, for all we know the next galaxy over is home to the supper-happy love orks; their so mentally deviant it's impossible to guess what they'll do next.
Old 23 Jul 2006, 05:26   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I like the steath, ork and carnifex ideas. the problems woud be how the tau could capture a live carnifex, and how they would stop the orks from attacking people randomly when they got bored.

You can pretty much already do the shadowsun-stealth thing but it would be cool to have some special rules too.

-drodgers

"For the Greater Good!"
Old 23 Jul 2006, 05:50   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Nuke

Like maybe a Commander's Retinue of BS4 stealthstuits for ShadowSun.. That's be nice

"He who opens a school door, closes a prison." -Victor Hugo
Old 23 Jul 2006, 06:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke
Like maybe a Commander's Retinue of BS4 stealthstuits for ShadowSun.. That's be nice
Maybe just allow them all (including shadow sun) to deepstrike, that could be VERY useful but only if there is another command choice also. you can get BS 4 with targeting arrays.

"For the Greater Good!"
Old 23 Jul 2006, 15:44   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to The Mothman

Orkz: If they get bored, and they will, they give them POWs to play with. They all so can fight amonst them selves. But dont Orkz in a Waaagh! not fight each other?

Carnie: I'm sure the Tau have some kind of stunning weapon, or just blind it with Photons then use a really big net...
Old 23 Jul 2006, 18:42   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

OR, kill the 'fex, then make it into a biomechanical battlesuit! like a cyborg, reanimated to fight for the greater good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Anyways, just because we have already had someone who called it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMenUseCarbines
Heh, thought he'd know by now...watch this turn into another relationship advice thread.
*DING DING DING* You're a winner!!! you get your choice of bragging rights or nothing, choose wisely!!!
Closed Thread