Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Invincibility
Closed Thread
Old 22 Jul 2006, 23:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Invincibility

my friend plays eldar, we are playing a battle in which he is sided with an I.G. player im with a space marine player and he has a special character that i am not familiar with. that special character has a leadership based armor save, if he joins a unit of wraithguard, does it make her fearless and therfore invincible?
Old 22 Jul 2006, 23:36   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Invincibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaso Rael
my friend plays eldar, we are playing a battle in which he is sided with an I.G. player im with a space marine player and he has a special character that i am not familiar with. that special character has a leadership based armor save, if he joins a unit of wraithguard, does it make her fearless and therfore invincible?
Welcome to the forums!

No. The Eldar codex specifies that the test is on her unmodified leadership (9). So she is fearless, but she still takes that wierd armor save.
Old 22 Jul 2006, 23:39   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Also, Leadership-based tests are still taken by Fearless units & characters, who are immune to morale.

It's why Nurglesque, Khornate, and Slanneshi characters still have to fear their Daemon-weapons.
Old 23 Jul 2006, 06:19   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

No, GW never make anything invincible, hard to kill yes but never impossible.

"For the Greater Good!"
Old 23 Jul 2006, 09:28   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

say that to the blessed saint!

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 23 Jul 2006, 14:46   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadnight
say that to the blessed saint!
Bah, 2+ Invulnerable save IIRC? Failing a psycannon, just force them to roll ones - repeatedly...
Old 28 Jul 2006, 06:15   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Toughest thing to kill is a daemon prince with T6, no instakill, 2+ save, feel no pain, and bionics. That's less than a .07 chance of failing a save AFTER you wound it. Nasty. But that's what ones are for. There is no way to make an invincible character.
Old 28 Jul 2006, 07:35   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Gada Mazaha Send a message via MSN to Gada Mazaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Vimes
Toughest thing to kill is a daemon prince with T6, no instakill, 2+ save, feel no pain, and bionics. That's less than a .07 chance of failing a save AFTER you wound it. Nasty. But that's what ones are for. There is no way to make an invincible character.
Wraithcannon squad would make short work of him. Or a nicely tooled CC Tyranid creature. Ignores 2+ save, Feel No Pain is ignored, suddenly, all you have is Bionics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
No. The Eldar codex specifies that the test is on her unmodified leadership (9). So she is fearless, but she still takes that weird armor save.
Now, in the codex it says it is taken as an Invulnerable saving throw, so would WarScythes and Psycannons ignore her save?
Old 28 Jul 2006, 10:53   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gada Mazaha
Now, in the codex it says it is taken as an Invulnerable saving throw, so would WarScythes and Psycannons ignore her save?
It would ignore the invulnerable save. If this character has a 3+ regular save then he will get that save.
Old 28 Jul 2006, 13:07   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I may be wrong here, but i thought that Chaos princes could get up to toughness 6, but no matter what two upgrades you give it, there is at least one that doesnt apply for instant-kill shots, so you should always be able to inta-kill it with a str 10 shot.
Closed Thread