Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The guide to Chaos Tau
Closed Thread
Old 21 Jul 2006, 01:30   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Rogue_FireWarrior
Default The guide to Chaos Tau

well as soon as i finish building my new computer i'm going to make a chaos farsight army this is the list of changes to the aperance of normal tau that i plan to use let me know if you think of anything else:

Chaos tau convertion list
  • change all tau'va/sept symbols to the mark of chaos
  • add chaos arrow creases to the firewarrior helmets
  • add demon heads to battlesuit weapons
  • make ethereal/commander possesed/corupted see gw page in demon hunnters section
  • replace arials with horns on infantry
  • exchange apperance of human aux with cultists
  • change firewarrior and pathfinder undercloth to tatters/rags
  • weather modles
  • add chains and shackles to battlesuits, firewarriors, and pathfinders
  • glue capes to fw & pf shas'ui
  • use grey deaths walker tau tank convertion but leave the chaos marks and such
    see work in progress site to see the tutorial for makeing these

wins:21 Draws:9 Losses:8
[/img]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn (working on campaign)
They may be laughing at your red paint jobs or bat-eared grots when you deploy, but after loosing a few units to "da green horde" they'll learn to take your sonz of funguz seriously.
Old 21 Jul 2006, 02:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: the guide to chaos tau

now this would be most definately cool to see the ending product, i await to see the monsters you create

BUT fluff wise your opening a can of worms, as we all know tau minds do not register any warp so this would be impossible, and also fluff-wise i must disagree with farsight being corrupted, but you can find the arguement on another friend.
Old 21 Jul 2006, 02:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

i chose a farsight army for the theme because of the armys renagade nature and i like the idea of him being corupted by chaos better rather than necrons

[/img]
Quote:
They may be laughing at your red paint jobs or bat-eared grots when you deploy, but after loosing a few units to "da green horde" they'll learn to take your sonz of funguz seriously.
Old 21 Jul 2006, 02:58   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

ur stating these things like they are fact, when at best their pure speculation. now i dont want to talk about farsight too much because this isnt what there about, all im saying is that while these conversion ideas seem cool, dont be surprised if we find out that what the the real deal with farsight is (my geuss and most of the fluff supports him not being corrupted by chaos.)

other than that this idea is pretty wicked and id like to see a test model of what it looks like.
Old 21 Jul 2006, 03:12   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis

Quote:
Originally Posted by p12om3th3us
BUT fluff wise your opening a can of worms, as we all know tau minds do not register any warp so this would be impossible
No, Tau do indeed have a warp presence, it's just extremely small.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
Old 21 Jul 2006, 03:33   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Possesed tau are at these links
this is proof it is posible to corupt tau

Battlesuit
http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4.../daemons/b.htm

Ethereal
http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4.../daemons/i.htm

[/img]
Quote:
Old 21 Jul 2006, 04:43   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue_FireWarrior
Possesed tau are at these links
this is proof it is posible to corupt tau

Battlesuit
http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4.../daemons/b.htm

Ethereal
http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4.../daemons/i.htm
Not necessarily. We have seen in the past GW doing cool conversions because their cool, not because their fluffy. By the fluff Tau have a very, very small presence on the warp, not none existent but so extraordinarily small daemons can even overlook them easily. What this means by the fluff is that higher possession would be impossible. So there would be no way to have Tau Daemon Princes or Greater Daemons. Such beings simply would burn away the Tau avatar in seconds. Such creations need a strong psyker to inhabite and Tau not only dont have psykers but even the most basic humans warp presense is far larger. Not only that with the conditioning of the Tau and their society it also makes corrupting them time consuming and difficult. It can be done but from what the fluff gives us on Daemons the majority of them are much more likely to go after easy prey like Humans and simply kill the Tau.

So while it is possible to have Chaos Tau... its sketchy at best and only just. Those conversions are only cool models to give Daemonhunters a justification to fight Tau which is also very sketchy. Daemonhunters themselves had a rough introduction to 40k cause such a group doesnt really make an effective army in the first place and has a few select targets. To give them a reason to fight others GW had to bend the rules a bit fluffwise. Thus the article on chaos Tau. While you can sorta use it as a justification I wouldnt call it firm proof and certainly not solid fluff. Their a cool conversion, little more.

If you want to see how chaos and Tau mesh read Firewarrior. The book isnt perfect but it does hold to some tenets of the fluff quite solidly and is one of our few sources of Tau book fluff. In it the tainted governor remarks that the Etherial is almost useless for chaotic purposes (both ritually sacrificed or possessed) and that while Kais (the main char) does seem to fall to chaos temporarily it takes quite a while under a lot of pressure, far from comrades and even then its broken by the mere presence of an Etherial. Thus a perfect example of just how difficult and troublesome it would be to taint Tau. Just imagine how long it would take to do in any numbers? While Chaos can be patient they arent needlessly so at least from the fluff Ive read. Given a choice of corrupting Tau or Humans chaos would amost certainly take the quicker route with humans who also give a much better possibility of possesion.

Tau just dont lend themselves to chaos very well. The whole nature of Tau fluff is younge, naive and fairly good which is entirely opposite chaos. Advancement for the greater good and belief in the etherials far less corruptible than the ever shaky faith of the Imperium. If your that much of a chaos buff that you want to make chaos Tau go right ahead but Id always suggest just sticking to Chaos Marines and the Lost and the Damned.

Also concerning Farsight there is little evidence that he has turned to chaos. Some other speculations that hold just as much water are necron control or possibly even the most simple answer is that he still works for the greater good, just in his own way. "Occam's razor states that the explanation of any phenomenon should make as few assumptions as possible" not a bad philosophy to follow. Eliminating the majority of assumptions leaves the simplest of answers that either a) Farsight has not even left the empire but is working under cover and in absolute secrecy or b) that Farsight left the empire to further the greater good as he sees it.

Old 21 Jul 2006, 08:00   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

chaos tau.

what vash said...

but...

don't forget as well, there is fluff stating that the tau despise chaos, as they call it the mont'au and see it as such, as the darkness.

the only way i would say it would be possible to have chaos tau would be if the commander saw chaos as a way to strengthen his warriors spirits. but, while the idea of chains and tattered clothes sounds cool, i just don't think it can be reconsiled with the look, and feel of the tau.

what i'd do would be chaos markings on the weapons and troopers and lots of battle damage. avoid possession and all the chains and such. i dont think it fits.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 21 Jul 2006, 09:56   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to ollie

what everyone needs to relaise is that he just wants to make them. if you don't agree with it fluff-wise then oh, well. this happened at my local gw once too. this guy refused to play him cos it didn't exist in the 'techinical 40k universe'. Rogue_FireWarrior, what i think your doing is a great little prodject, and i would certainatly play you!

oh, and i gotta agree with this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue_FireWarrior
i chose a farsight army for the theme because of the armys renagade nature and i like the idea of him being corupted by chaos better rather than necrons
couldn't have put it better myself! ;D

In loving memory of Kangaroo Joe 1987-2007

May the Emperor smile upon him
Quote:

by Farseer Emlyn

This could be solved if only they'd give Space Marines access to Commissars. "I'm sorry brother Amaleius, there isn't room for you in the transport" *BANG*. "Alright, men, let's get moving".
Old 21 Jul 2006, 12:42   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Mavfreak

I could go on and on, trust me. But I am going to make this quick.

Just as CC Tau=fluff raping, chaos/evil tau=fluff raping. There ya go.

And Mav is the probably the smartest one of us, so it makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
My advice is simply walk through life and see what happens, and remember the one thing most of my yearbook from this year is filled with...

"Sex can wait, masturbate"
Closed Thread