Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Tau should have more upgrades.
Closed Thread
Old 12 Dec 2004, 17:37   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default The Tau should have more upgrades.

Don't tau need some more upgrades for their HQ's? They only have 4. Come on Imperial guard have like 20 and Necrons have at least 10. How about something like this;

20pt-(crisis battlesiuts only) Makes their jetpack become stronger. When a crisis battlesiut assults a unit the unit it is assulting have to take a "jetpack shock", the same rules as "tank shock".

Due to conquer the world next Friday.

For the Greater Bad!
Old 12 Dec 2004, 18:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42
Default Re: The Tau should have more upgrades.

Tau aren't really meant to be a hq strong army like maybe marines or gaurd. They just have one commander and/or an ethereal, the only thing special about the commander is his stats, i can live with that, it fits all the fluff. To me i think the HQ is fine, where upgrades would be welcome is weapon options for fire warrior squads and SNIPERS!!!
Old 12 Dec 2004, 19:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

have to go with 42 on this one. Tau actually have a fair amount of upgrades available, just not for the HQ or troops. Most of the customization is for the crisis suits, making them one of THE most customizable units in the game. Just look at the number of weapons they can take, the t-linking, the targeting devices, invulnerable saves, drones... it disgusts me to hear complaints about tau NOT having upgrades.

And bty, tau have the equivalent of a sniper for pathfinders, the rail rifle. st6 ap3 36" goodness that causes a pinning test like a sniper rifle, and with the help of the squads markerlights hits on a 2+. that, and the rail rifle can do things that a normal sniper cannot, such as pop those light-med tanks that snipers could never hope to touch.

But yeah, the upgrades for fire warriors are rather bland, but that's because they really don't need any, they rock as is in their tactical niche. The only thing there that bugs me is that you can't have more than half the fire warriors with carbines, because then the tactics would really begin....
Old 13 Dec 2004, 02:58   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

hmmm..that's interesting. i'm not really a fan of the carbines -- none of my fire warriors have them, but with the new rules, i've been thinking about putting them back in, except no more than six can have them. what's your thoughts, re: tactics and beginning as mine aren't fully formed on the subject yet...
Old 13 Dec 2004, 07:03   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

not really, dont really need them. all the units have their specialties and how many differnt guns can they have? they sure arent going to have power weapons ;D
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 13 Dec 2004, 08:30   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

I personally miss the black sun filter as squad upgrade as Tau should be good atnight fight but as now thy are not able to mount suficient number of black sun filters. In fact only commander and vehicles could use them properly as all other units can't take them or they need different equipment instead. The broadsides are almoust useless without it and only their leader can use it but in place of other things and if you don't gear for nightfight you need other upgrades more.
Old 13 Dec 2004, 17:58   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

I would like the option to field commanders in either Stealth suits or on foot. Granted, the crisis might be the most useful choice, but it is irritating that I can not build an all infantry army without taking an ethereal for the mandatory HQ choice. I can't really see a commander in a broadside, unless you gave broadsides the option of ditching the railguns.
Old 13 Dec 2004, 23:31   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

with a full squad of fire warriors with carbines only, they could constantly move and pin units in place along the way. But I almost forgot; that's what drones are for. The tau are only marginally at a disadvantage in the dark because they can't take the blacksun filter for everyone. on average, it only takes a little over 6" off the pulse rifle range, but it is really annoying not to be able to take it for anything but squad commanders. Broadsides especially don't like it, the only real way to combat that is individual broadsides as squads, but then that limits your heavy support options.... blacksun filters all round for the battlesuits, but not for the fire warriors I say.
Old 14 Dec 2004, 11:13   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Even the firewarriors could have it (they all have sort of enhanced optics in their helmets so why they couldn't be able to benefit from night vission) for a price.

And i stop to use the broadsides because they can't take the black sun filter, so instead i play 3 HH as they can have it.
Old 14 Dec 2004, 16:39   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogen
Even the firewarriors could have it (they all have sort of enhanced optics in their helmets so why they couldn't be able to benefit from night vission) for a price.

And i stop to use the broadsides because they can't take the black sun filter, so instead i play 3 HH as they can have it.
I don't recall anyone outlawing the blacksun... when was this?
Closed Thread