Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Which army do you like to fight against?
View Poll Results: Which army do like to fight against?
Orks 9 14.52%
Chaos 3 4.84%
Space Marines 13 20.97%
Eldar 7 11.29%
Dark Eldar 5 8.06%
Deamonhunters 3 4.84%
Imperial Guard 13 20.97%
Necrons 2 3.23%
Tyranids 5 8.06%
Witch hunters 0 0%
Tau 2 3.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 Jul 2006, 05:51   #1 (permalink)
rex
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to rex
Default Which army do you like to fight against?

What army do you like to beat in a game?

[hr]

Mine are orks and IG

[size=smaller]Try not to double post, use the 'Modify message' button instead. -mace[/size]
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2006, 13:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace
Default Re: Which army do like to fight against

Hey, it's usually appreciated if you could be a little more specific with polls and questions.. and maybe have a little more content to them... anyhow fixed spelling and typos etc in the poll.

The main two armies I play against are Eldar and Space Marines, so I'm inclined to vote for them..

As I haven't exactly played against every single army though, I can't really vote for one I'd like to beat.

Now considering you have posed two separate questions, I would like to play against Daemonhunters and Orks for once (they're just so rare around here, and I like Daemonhunters ). Armies that I would like to beat though, is completely different. I would think those armies that are much harder for Tau to beat, would be the ones I'd like to win over... but as I said, can't really comment as I haven't played against them all.
Old 16 Jul 2006, 13:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Which army do like to fight against?

i love to beat eldar because of thier hair ripping anyoingness in the beginning of the game... Those pathfinders screwed me up soo badly... And i like to beat marines because of my own twisted ego...
Generally the archetype within fantasy and sci-fi is that if a character looks good, then he/she is good, if they're ugly then they're probably evil. (I'm looking at YOU TOLKIEN!!)
Radio-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2006, 16:44   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Which army do you like to fight against?

i love to kill SM because every one at my shop plays them and orks are always fun to shoot at

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
frankthetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2006, 18:30   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Unfortuantely this is a topic that relies on perscpetive rather than concrete facts and other stuff. So basicaly, player X may like to fight Army A, but player Y might like to fight Army B. In many cases, this can lead into arguments and such and then a mod might have to lock the thread because of endless fighting. So be careful nest time in choosing a topic like this.

BTW I would like to fight Daemon Hunters since they are uber-fanboyish (and relatively easy to beat).
Impulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2006, 21:28   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to cyberzomby

My main 40k opponents are some random space marine chapter, necrons and orcs.

From those 3 a good friend has orcs and we usualy play combat patrol, I like fighting against orcs the most.

The others are just to anoying with there saves and oh look at me I got power armour
cyberzomby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2006, 23:50   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

I like to play against not-necrons .
Old 17 Jul 2006, 00:20   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

I voted for Orks and Imperial Guard. Finally I can say Ive played everyone at least a little though I must say my experience against some opponents like nids and DE is minimal I have at least played them in a combat patrol.

Orks are always fun to play against, a crazy opponent who can pull out the randomest and most amusing things and you just know that while the orks many not always kill their enemy something somewhere is going to blow up, its just gotta. Cant get much more amusement in a game than against orks. Da Boyz are great.

Imperial Guard are fun to play because those who play them are generally more skilled than the average player and thus more of a challenge and guard can be a tricky and cunning army to face which for me at least can be very fun.

Which armies Id like to play though are DE and Nids there just arent any around here. I havent fought a large scale battle against them yet and I would like to at some point.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2006, 02:00   #9 (permalink)
Kroot eat Tau

i love to kill other tau, because for every drop of tau blood thats spilt is one more drop for the 40k universe to return to its former pre-tau (i.e. manly) glory.

as for a 2nd choice, yah i chose imp gaurd because when a gaurdsmen die 10 more immediately jump out, which is really manly. and if u kill those 20 jump out of the ones who died, because the gaurd are real men and only grow stronger by dying for no reason.

but back to how much i love killing tau, i love killing a race of people who actually value the lives of the warriors; its very satisfying knowing im killing tau who other tau will actually miss and honor their dead. very unique to find in the 40k world
Old 17 Jul 2006, 03:13   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Arguement to that: the commanders really don't care but mom and company will care a.k.a. family. SMs will honor the battle brothers, Eldar will spill thousands of humans blood to save on Eldar, DE, Chaos, Orks, and 'Nids really don't care so I guess your right. I just felt like arguing.

On topic I would love to play some Orks and IG. Along with a good 'Nid player. Orks because they have crazy tactics and Guard because when you kill 30 men and 4 tanks there are still 30 men and 6 tanks left. But the best opponent is a good opponent which makes for a good game.

Crisis 541 is offline   Reply With Quote