Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help requested - for the Greater Good
Closed Thread
Old 14 Jul 2006, 02:29   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Help requested - for the Greater Good

I have this army i am going to play in the Conflict series of events and I would like pople to give me tactical advice for using THIS army against opposing army types they have encountered ... please.

TAU 1000 pt force

HQ

Shas'El - Plasma rifle + Missile Pod, Bonding Knife, Targetting Array, HW - Multi-Tracker, Target Lock, DC- 2 Shield Drones
2 * Bodyguard - Plasma rifle + Missile Pod, Targetting Array, HW - Multi-Tracker

Special

Shas'Vre - Plasma rifle + Missile Pod, Bonding Knife, Targetting Array, HW - Multi-Tracker, Target Lock, DC- 2 Shield Drones
2 * Crisis Suits - Plasma rifle + Missile Pod, Multi-Tracker

Troops

6 Squads of
6 Firewarriors

Heavy Support

Broadside Battlesuit - Team Leader, Bonding Knife, Railgun + Missiles, A.S.S, HW - DC 1 Shield Drone

Broadside Battlesuit - Team Leader, Bonding Knife, Railgun + Missiles, A.S.S, HW - DC 1 Shield Drone, Blacksun filter

(Does my broadside team need to be bonded to stop them being un-reformable if they lose the drone?)

TACTICS

My standard tactic is to spread my firewarriors around int he best positions to give good angles of Fire and to support my Crisis Suits and Broadsides. They generally get used as distractions but I know they provide a valuable platform for fire support and have seen their effectiveness.

The Crisis Suits suits provide a withering hail of fire while using their maneuverability ot get to the best firing points and to avoid being fired upon.

Broadsides generally get placed in a position to give them the best fire angles. (Haven't used em with the A.s.s b4, so them being able to maneuver and fire will be nice).

- I am considering changing 1 or 2 of the Firewarrior Squads out for Kroot Squads for purposes of infiltration and reducing effectiveness of enemy infiltration.

Thanks

Old 14 Jul 2006, 11:00   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Help requested - for the Greater Good

Looks good, play a few trial games before the events and gauge what adjustments you might need. I would consider revising the commander's bodygaurd and drones and using his IC status to the fullest possible but you may find that this works well.

-drodgers

"For the Greater Good!"
Closed Thread