Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Battlesuit Special Equipment
Old 10 Jul 2006, 19:54   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Battlesuit Special Equipment

Hi...

I was just wondering if anyone with more battlefield experience than I, could write a few lines about each of the new Special Issue items available to the Battlesuits.

I know that the CiB, Airbursting Fragmention Projector, Stimulant Injectors and Vectored Retro Thrusters have undergone alot of tactic and are mentioned in some combo's elsewhere in this forum...but what do You all think about the issue with the Iridium armourplates (at the cost of jetpack move) and the Fail safe Detonator?

Anyone wanna write a Tactica on all these new items???

"In Taro A'dun"

Tassadar
Tassadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2006, 12:44   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Battlesuit Special Equipment

The stimulant injector has saved me many times, DEFNATLEY worth the ten points for your shas'o or 'el, i just wish I could give them to all my suits, I have yet to try most of the other options and am a bit confused about the failsafe detonator rules, do they work for monats or can they only be used when a suit has been destroyed?

"For the Greater Good!"
drodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2006, 18:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I don't have my codex with me but I'll give it a try...

The stimulant injector gives the suit in questiona Feel No Pain save, which is a 4+ "extra" save after you fail your armour/ invulnerable save. It is useless against anything that instant kills, and power weapons. It helps keep us the survivablility of our suits against small arms, and, more importantly, plasma weapons

Vectored Retro-Thrusters are an interesting choice for battlesuit wargear. The grant hit and run, which is a voluntary fall back in which you choose the direction, and always regroup at the end of it, while the enemy can only fall back. It has two draw backs. One, it is a battlesuit suport system, and two, it must be used on a lone battlesuit. It's nice to go in, shoot, assault, and hope you survive two rounds of CC, than jump out, and do it again.

The above two are generally used in conjunction in what is called a Ninja'O, a Shas'o with a plasma rifle, fusion blaster, and the above systems. It seems to work out well.

Iridium Armor is very nice at irritating people, and a 2+ armor save is very nice. Use it on an independent character so you can use the IC rules to protect him, and moving slower won't matter. I've tried it, and it does work pretty well. Especially against missile launchers

The Command and Control Node (CACN), is very nice on a shas'o. 10 points for LD target priority tests in a 24" bubble is nice. I've had to use it very often, and it is very useful. Use it around broadsides.

The Positional Relay is under-rated but I like it. It has one use, making it so that you control when DSing reserves for your team. Either that or making sure you get a Sunforge suit on the second turn. Not useful in omega though.

The Failsafe Detonator is really useful in a Farsight bodyguard. Give it to a guy with TL flamers. Then go into CC. Win the first round, hope they stay, then lose the second round (so the enemy is all closer), and lose, and blow up in there faces Remember that str 8 instant kills MEQs so against necrons, it's a pretty interesting weapon.

The Ejection System is pretty useless because a commander with one wound, no save, and T3 is pretty vulnerable. Unless he's killed on the last turn, or soemthing like that, I don't see how it will help anything. Especially not for its points cost.

Well that's it for the systems. If I miss something, just tell me, and I'll add it, but only the new special issue wargear.

Castris, over an out
Originally Posted by Faolin
"Human nature" only prevents a better future if we accept it as unchangeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Shasocastris, since my return to these boards, nothing has made a bigger impression than you and your views.
shasocastris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2006, 02:24   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by drodgers
The stimulant injector has saved me many times, DEFNATLEY worth the ten points for your shas'o or 'el, i just wish I could give them to all my suits, I have yet to try most of the other options and am a bit confused about the failsafe detonator rules, do they work for monats or can they only be used when a suit has been destroyed?
[They can only be used once a battlesuit has been destroyed and a pilot is ejected]
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote