Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A question about battlesuits and JSJ.
Closed Thread
Old 06 Jul 2006, 22:40   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to cyberzomby
Default A question about battlesuits and JSJ.

Hi there,
Today I played my first 500 pts tau battle against orcs.
I played tau 1000 pts before and I didnt realy knew how to jsj.
One of my last opponents ( I was in a tourney ) played Tau himself and said that If i walked in difficult terrain with a battlesuit during the movement phase ( Not sure about the assault phase ) I didnt need to make a difficult terrain test because the suit had systems that took care of that.
I did that, that battle because I wasnt sure but if he was, than why not

But I want to know for sure because today in the 500 pts battle my jsj was a lot better,
only combat I saw was versus a squad of 6 firewarriors that were tugged away in some cover.
But I lost one suit because of a dangerous terrain test.

So any advice on this ?
Old 06 Jul 2006, 22:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: A question about battlesuits and jsj

What he meant as to using this was for a specific situation regarding the rule that you cannot shoot through area terrain that is the same height or higher than you. Thus, if you had something like 5"X12" stretch of trees, you could not shoot through it. Thus, you would "walk" into the trees, now being in the terrain, and having less than 6" between you and the edge of the terrain. You fire your weapons, then jump back outside of the area terrain, avoididng the dangerous terrain test (as you landed in open terrain). Make sense? If not, Ill make a quick diagram and post it again:P
Old 07 Jul 2006, 00:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: A question about battlesuits and JSJ.

Crisis and stealth suits make a dangerous terrain test when they land on difficult terrain.

Example:

You have a crisis suit next to a grove of tree. You use you jet packs and move 6", landing in the trees. You must make a dangerous terrain test or be destroyed. If in the assault phase you jump again, and land in the forest, you make another test.

Or you could walk into the forest. This way you take a difficult terrain test and probably move less than 6" into the forrest, but you don't take a dangerous terrain test. In the assault phase you can jump backwards and land where you started without taking a test, because your landing on normal terrain.

Your assault move has to use your jets, so you can't choose to take a difficult terrain test and walk farther into the trees with it to avoid the dangerous terrain test.
Old 07 Jul 2006, 05:59   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Itīs worth noting, that even with Dangerous terrain tests you only take one wound on fail. This means crisis suit does not get killed.
Old 07 Jul 2006, 06:04   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to cyberzomby

Ok thanks you guys,
I did understand that I needed to make these terrain tests, but now I see you guys do it as well so Im doing it the right way.

Well sometimes in the battle of yesterday If I didnt jump in the terrain I would get charged by a nob and some boys,
I did that walking in terrain a few times, and seeing he was trying to get my suits and drones but only got my firewarriors I think I did a pretty good job.

Thanks again for the help
Closed Thread