Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Need help with Tyranids.
Closed Thread
Old 05 Jul 2006, 17:06   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Need help with Tyranids.

ey guys wow what a 4th saw some fire works played two games of 40k my Friends came over out of noware challenging taunting so i was like well what army are you playing it was going to be nids or nercons i never beat this guy with my tau i thought i had shot this time with all the new stuff he picked nids i hate his nids i never beat him with tau or chaos only my dark eldar so since i had no list for nids i use my all comers list

HQ1 - 132
Shas'O
-PlasmaRifle
-FusionBlaster
Multi-tracker
Vectored Thrusters (gives hit & run ability)
Stimms (allows feel no pain save)

HQ2 - 97
Shas'El
-PlasmaRifle
-Missile Pod
Multi-tracker
Targetting Array

Elite1 - 181
XV8's x 3
Twinlinked Missile Pods x 3
Flamers x 3
Team Leader with Bonding upgrade
-HW Dronecontroller and 2x Shield Drones

Elite2 - 226
XV8's x 3
Missile Pods, Plasma Rifles, Multi-trackers
Team Leader, with bonding and 2x Shield Drones

Elite3 - 90
XV15 Stealths x 3

Troop1 - 60
Firewarriors x 6

Troop2 - 70
Kroot x 10

Fast1 - 189
Pathfinders x 7
Shas'ui, Bonding, Target Lock
Devilfish, decoy launchers

Heavy1 - 130
IonCannon hammerhead with burstcannons, multi-tracker, decoy launchers

Heavy2 - 130
IonCannon hammerhead with burstcannons, multi-tracker, decoy launchers

Heavy3 - 195
XV88 x 2
-A.S.S.
Team Leader with dronecontroller, and 2x Shield Drones

what he used 2 hive tyrants
3 lictors
2 squads of lot of homgaunts
1 squad of rippers
3 carnflexs
the hive and the fex had +2 saves and lots of wounds the fex can Regen wounds they all had venom cannons and barb stranglers or hive had psychic power to kill

deployment i set my guys up in two fire base one with my broadsids some suits Fire knife and FW's
the other fire base had more suits twin link MP kroot stealth's and path finders okay he won the roll off so he went first his gaunts moved half way across the board every thing moved up as well he fire didn't do much
my turn 1 i marklight the closest hive and they the fire works go rail gun pules MP Ion's i killed the beat with 4 +2 saves yeah i like them gaunts are going to run back yea (not) the i killed some ripper BC kroot rifles they are still coming

turn 2 his gaunt that are out of range foe the synapse so i think there going to fall back buy me some time wrong the move to the close synapse which was left of the like 14 inch's so they move over 2 or three inch's now they can still move forward the other gaunt make to my fire base with the broadsides the rippers make it two my stealth's shooting they take down a DF and stun a HH assault my fire warriors get eaten then they move in to my crisis my stealth hold ground

my turn 2 i try to take down a fex with what ever not in CC the fex drops to one wound
assault stealth hold and win gaunts eat crisis

his turn 3 he keep try to kill my tanks fails but takes a ion out to do so but he deep strikes spore mine right on top my my stealth's and kroot they die from the dam bug bombs three of them

gaunts catch my broadside that were trying to walk away the whole time of the fire base gaunt eat crisis and move to help other gaunts that are eating broadsides

to rap this up all i had left was my shas o and one tank that had a ion the objective was loot counter not that it mattered

this is what piss me off my buddy not a good win and I'm not a good loser i was i can beat this list mike if i make a list for it hes like that cheap play the game right with a all comers list I'm like
don't think tau can have an all comer list that can stop both nids SM and GEQ we are under dogs with why i take different list hes like stop playing like a girl and use all comer list only
what do you think about this

PS after the game i played against orks speed freaks i used the same list his ork list was really cool bikes with smoke buggy's behind so they get the Smokey cover a looted land raider in the middle with a force Field and two trunks one with cyborgs and another with trunk boyz
turn one i won wiped a hole squad of bikes to one man killed like 2 or 3 buggy's immobilised the land raider that thinks is a 14 armor with only glances because of the force Field and ca fix it self and can ignore a hit on a roll of 5 or 6 don't remember but it buff he move some bikes and bugs shot didn't do to much
my turn 2 i pored fire in to the other bikes killing half killed more buggy's he had no more buggy's i pop both trunks on turn one forgot about that so the ork inside are moving up
he fix his land raider and move up i get assaulted by his bikes i tie so then
my turn 3 i shoot some trunk orks to bits and kill of the last bike i try to take down the land raider dam even 2 twin link rail guns is not doing it his turn he takes that land raider straight through the Forest and orks war boss and burns jump out all orks move up this is when i remembered shit i forgot to infiltrate my kroot oh well the burns kill my stealth's that had just won cc IT OKAY

MY TURN I KILL EVERY ONE THAT CAM OUT OF THAT LAND RAIDER BUT THE BOSS AND A GUY
i kill the trucker boyz and kill some shooter boyz in the back with my HH
his turn he get back in the land raider cybogs move up i made a new fire base i try to take down the land raider no luck i kill more truck boyz and some cyorks

his turn he move his land raider close to my crisis he made assault range and attack my crisis his land raider blows a ion off one of my HH i think my other blew up in the Forest by the land raider in turn 2 or 3 but any way i win assault kill off both his orks yeah i win he had a looted land raider and i had all my HQ's my crisis both squads one of my tanks and my broadsides my pathfinders

so what do you think i should do about them nids do i just keep play my all comer list and losing or do i make a list to beat this guy and send those bug back to where ever they came from ?? help

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 05 Jul 2006, 17:24   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: please read need help with nids ??

are you SURE you want to buy a bunch of melee capability against tyranids? We usually want to stay the hell away from that at all costs what with the rending, the initiative, the power-weapon-equivalence, the high WS and their numbers/attacks...

The stims are a good idea though: as far as I know they work even on a hit from a rending weapon.

Flamers: you have to get awful close to use these. dangerously close.

Stealths: Very nice. This you can use quite a bit: Burst cannons CAN hurt a carnifex or tyrant, and shred through the smaller guys with ease.

Fire warriors are a good thing here. Placed right, the first tyranid turn will send him right into your rapid-fire range. This gives you one chance to decimate as much as you can, but remember to always start with the pieplates: regular weapons don't care how spaced out the enemy is... plates want to grab as many as they can under there.
Old 05 Jul 2006, 17:31   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: please read need help with nids ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova
are you SURE you want to buy a bunch of melee capability against tyranids? We usually want to stay the hell away from that at all costs what with the rending, the initiative, the power-weapon-equivalence, the high WS and their numbers/attacks...

The stims are a good idea though: as far as I know they work even on a hit from a rending weapon.
melee capability ?? no i don't want to fight the nids in CC are you crazy didn't you read the post it was my all comer list against the nids

Old 05 Jul 2006, 17:51   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Need help with Tyranids.

This is an old Nid tactica I wrote a while back:

My list:

1 Commanader Crisis:Helios

3 Crisis: Brightwind (plamsa/burstcannon/MT)
6 Steatlhs
6 Stealths

12 FW mounted on DF (MT/DL/FD)
12 FW unmounted
12 FW unmounted
20 Kroot (w/Hounds/Shaper)

8 Pathfinders (not railrifles) mounte on DF (MT/DL)
12 Gun drones
12 Gun drones

1 Hammerhead (Railgun, burst cannon, MT/DL)
3 Broadsides (Plasma rifles, MT (or D'yi when it comes out))

Tatica

The commander is designed to hunt down tyrants or carniflexes. With Ap2 or lower, there are no saves possible for them. Since there is lots of terrian you shouldn't be in much trouble when you JSJ.

Brightwind Crisis are insane against hordes. They have the highest amount of firepower for Crisis configs. Use these espeically agaisnt warriors.

Stealths are possible the bane of 'Nids. They spew out massive amounts of AP5 shots (18 per team) and gaunts/stealers would not stand a chance. As a plus, they should have a hard time getting you thanks to the stealth field.

Mounted FWs are for FoF. With Flechette Dischargers (FD), hordes have to pass an armor save, which most 'Nids have porblems with. When you dimished their horde, soak them with pulse fire (24 rapid fire shots are quite deadly).

Unmounted FWs form a firebase to 1) Provide cover fire for your mounted FW and 2) Provide cover fire after the mounted FW FoF a horde. This team should be able to finish off the rememnts of a horde (which by then there shouldn't be many left.)

Kroot provide the essential backup if your FW are in a tight situation. They can provide a devastating counter-charge (Who can say no to 40 Str.4 attacks?) Use them.

Pathfinders (especially with the new rules) increase your deadly effencicy. Use them agressively. Place them within 2 ft. of the biggest baddie so that your Heavy support can easily take care of them. Also, light up hordes so that your FWs get an "unfair" advantage (As if they need one Grin).

Drones are the "expendable" side of your force (even though they cost more than the average FW). Use them to tie up fast units (ex. Raveners). They can hold them off your a turn or 2 and even pin them. This should buy your force a preciuos turn or 2.

Hammerheads provide the first wave of bombardment. They make 5" holes in your enemy lines and can shrug off most attacks. What out for the stray vemon cannon! Use a squad of drones to protect your heavy support.

Broadsides are also a bombardment weapon. Don't waste your Str.10 shots on a gaunt. Use them where they belong. Tyrants, Zopaplothes, Carniflexes!

Bascicly, don't rush the 'Nids. They'll come to you.

Hope it hopes
Old 05 Jul 2006, 18:00   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Then why the flamers and vectored thrust?

VRT I can somewhat understand; IF you get caught sort of thing... but flamers?

Also, SMS would give you better range and help with lictors when they pop out, while a railgun submunition will serve you better than Ion cannons if he doesn't space out his hormagaunts enough (quite possible if he has many of them).

Upgrade the brightwind for a CIB instead of the burst cannon: better AP, does a number on gaunts.
Old 05 Jul 2006, 19:15   #6 (permalink)
lonely tau

first of all i must say that, while an O.K. game, Tau can EASILY make an all comers list. everyone can do it easily.

Old 05 Jul 2006, 20:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova
Then why the flamers and vectored thrust?

VRT I can somewhat understand; IF you get caught sort of thing... but flamers?

Also, SMS would give you better range and help with lictors when they pop out, while a railgun submunition will serve you better than Ion cannons if he doesn't space out his hormagaunts enough (quite possible if he has many of them).

Upgrade the brightwind for a CIB instead of the burst cannon: better AP, does a number on gaunts.
it an all comer list i didnt have time to make it for nids the flamers are there to save me points that all the lictor i killed all three off with the ions

but that for the info ad help

Old 06 Jul 2006, 03:28   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse
This is an old Nid tactica I wrote a while back:

My list:

1 Commanader Crisis:Helios

3 Crisis: Brightwind (plamsa/burstcannon/MT)
6 Steatlhs
6 Stealths

12 FW unmounted
12 FW unmounted
20 Kroot (w/Hounds/Shaper)

8 Pathfinders (not railrifles) mounte on DF (MT/DL)
12 Gun drones
12 Gun drones

3 Broadsides (Plasma rifles, MT (or D'yi when it comes out))

Tatica

The commander is designed to hunt down tyrants or carniflexes. With Ap2 or lower, there are no saves possible for them. Since there is lots of terrian you shouldn't be in much trouble when you JSJ.

Brightwind Crisis are insane against hordes. They have the highest amount of firepower for Crisis configs. Use these espeically agaisnt warriors.

Stealths are possible the bane of 'Nids. They spew out massive amounts of AP5 shots (18 per team) and gaunts/stealers would not stand a chance. As a plus, they should have a hard time getting you thanks to the stealth field.

Mounted FWs are for FoF. With Flechette Dischargers (FD), hordes have to pass an armor save, which most 'Nids have porblems with. When you dimished their horde, soak them with pulse fire (24 rapid fire shots are quite deadly).

Unmounted FWs form a firebase to 1) Provide cover fire for your mounted FW and 2) Provide cover fire after the mounted FW FoF a horde. This team should be able to finish off the rememnts of a horde (which by then there shouldn't be many left.)

Kroot provide the essential backup if your FW are in a tight situation. They can provide a devastating counter-charge (Who can say no to 40 Str.4 attacks?) Use them.

Pathfinders (especially with the new rules) increase your deadly effencicy. Use them agressively. Place them within 2 ft. of the biggest baddie so that your Heavy support can easily take care of them. Also, light up hordes so that your FWs get an "unfair" advantage (As if they need one Grin).

Drones are the "expendable" side of your force (even though they cost more than the average FW). Use them to tie up fast units (ex. Raveners). They can hold them off your a turn or 2 and even pin them. This should buy your force a preciuos turn or 2.

Hammerheads provide the first wave of bombardment. They make 5" holes in your enemy lines and can shrug off most attacks. What out for the stray vemon cannon! Use a squad of drones to protect your heavy support.

Broadsides are also a bombardment weapon. Don't waste your Str.10 shots on a gaunt. Use them where they belong. Tyrants, Zopaplothes, Carniflexes!

Bascicly, don't rush the 'Nids. They'll come to you.

Hope it hopes
this list looks really good for nids i only have 39 fire warriors in my collection but this list is for nids only right or do you us this in as your all comers list ??

well the way this guy played it this homguants where in my fire base by turn 2 i killed one hive tyrant with everthin i had rail guns ,pluse , missle pods plasma i know i can beat his list if i make a list for killing nids but that not what im try to do they talk to much trash if i do that saying that it not far stick to one list against all armys so i want to see if this can me done /?

Old 06 Jul 2006, 04:30   #9 (permalink)
lonely tau

well in a 1000 points list i often like to take this for a static defense.

HQ
Shas'El w/ TA,MP,BC,MT,-85

Elites
4 Stealth suits w/1 fusion blaster-122

2X crisis suitsw/MP,BC,MT-100

Troops

12 Fire Warriors-120

12 Fire Warriors-120

12 Fire Warriors-120

Heavy support
2XRailheads W/BCs,MT,DL-165 each (330)

total-997 points.

now the main goal for most of the army is to simply delay the enemys larger body of troops via eliminating them. however in the case of the TMC problem, the fire warriors should be shooting up the Hormaguants while the stealth suits pelt 1 carnifex at a time, with 9 shots that allow armor saves and one that doesnt, your taking a bit of fire there.

the crisis suits are in split duty depending on where they are needed most (hence "crisis suit", just to point that out). they can be out smacking around the fexs or they can be shooting up the lictors. in any case they should definately be shooting at something more important than the guants unless theyre really required there.

now for the Railguns. we all know what the roll of the Railgun is, BLOW THAT SUCKA' OFF THE GROUND. however, you should always be concentrating fire, and if you get close enough to do it, burst cannons give you 12 shots and the railguns=2 hits. meaing about 3 wounds on average if both the railguns hit, along with supporting fire from anything else.

most impotantly you must remember that because the carnifexs are the one man unit with 3-4 wounds each you must concentrate fire because causing a wound or two isnt going to impede on their combat effectiveness at all.

Closed Thread