Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Do you think Kroot belong with Tau?
View Poll Results: Do you think Kroot belong in Tau or are they just too different?
Yes. It is in the fluff and I use them all the time. 29 63.04%
Yes. It in the fluff, but I never use them. 15 32.61%
No. They need to be on their own. 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 03 Jul 2006, 14:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Do you think Kroot belong with Tau?

vote and explain why

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 03 Jul 2006, 15:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: do you think kroot belong in tau ?

With all of the technological wonder of the Tau, it fits in there that they would have some barbaric, primitive allies. I also feel that Kroot also help the basics of close combat Tau gameplay. They are, basically, the only close combat unit of the Tau, and they're not too bad at it either. They're slippery, able to get through jungles, meaning they're mobile like most other Tau units, and have a lot of skill in close combat, aiding those units that are weak, and clumsy.
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
Old 03 Jul 2006, 16:48   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Pvt_Jack_Ryan Send a message via MSN to Pvt_Jack_Ryan
Default Re: do you think kroot belong in tau ?

Kroot are definently imporant to the Tau armies. When you look at the stats, Fire Warriors are incompetant when it comes to CC. When a unit of 5 Space Marines charges a unit of 12 Fire Warriors and kills 5 of the Fire Warriors while the Tau kill maybe 2 Space Marines it's obvious that the army needs some CC strength. Kroot, which have very little save, are still very useful to the Tau army. If kept in cover it is possible for the Kroot to charge from cover into any enemy units that are getting too close to the Tau lines. This allows the Tau units time to retreat to a safer position as well as allowing the Kroot to do serious damage to the enemy. However, because of their bad save it is imparitive that they stay in cover and not run out into the open. Their save also brings up the need to have large amounts of Kroot in a unit.
Old 03 Jul 2006, 20:05   #4 (permalink)
Kroot eat Tau

Default Re: Do you think Kroot belong with Tau?

no. i like kroot ALOT i love playing with the mercs. i dont use them with tau not because there not useful, but because tau are such sissies that i'd rather load all the tau in tanks;you see if i were to put kroot on the field the tau would get distracted by the kroots manliness and wouldnt be able to shoot at anything because they'd be too busy trying to hook up with the kroot. but of course the kroot wouldnt have it so they'd be all like " Click click get the hell away from u midget freak! ima about to eat u and ur family!"

no. kroot dont belong with tau, but im glad GW made tau because otherwise i wouldnt have ever known about kroot.

Old 03 Jul 2006, 20:11   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Pvt_Jack_Ryan Send a message via MSN to Pvt_Jack_Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroot eat Tau
no. i like kroot ALOT i love playing with the mercs. i dont use them with tau not because there not useful, but because tau are such sissies that i'd rather load all the tau in tanks;you see if i were to put kroot on the field the tau would get distracted by the kroots manliness and wouldnt be able to shoot at anything because they'd be too busy trying to hook up with the kroot. but of course the kroot wouldnt have it so they'd be all like " Click click get the hell away from u midget freak! ima about to eat u and ur family!"

no. kroot dont belong with tau, but im glad GW made tau because otherwise i wouldnt have ever known about kroot.
If you hate the Tau so much why did you sign up for a site called TAU online? :
Old 03 Jul 2006, 20:12   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok

I love them when their in a bunker or a wood other wise they suck. But the fluff is also their.
Their ok

Issues
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
Old 03 Jul 2006, 20:42   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

I think that they do belong with tau but i think that it is unfluffy that they have such a bad armor save... They can equip Humans with some tau gear and Vespids but they donot allow kroot one single slice of armor... thats unfluffy...
Generally the archetype within fantasy and sci-fi is that if a character looks good, then he/she is good, if they're ugly then they're probably evil. (I'm looking at YOU TOLKIEN!!)
Old 03 Jul 2006, 20:53   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

well, yeah. The fluff makes sense for both sides, and I love the way the Kroot look. So yep, the kroot should be there.
Old 03 Jul 2006, 22:22   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

yeah i love kroot most people always tell me they would ever take kroot because it dose fit the tau look I'm like these guys army m infantry the back bone no one else can do what they do plus they remind me of last of the Mohican's

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 04 Jul 2006, 02:01   #10 (permalink)
SGS
Shas'La

They are pillbox topps; plain and simple. they have definate uses and like all things TAU must be played carefully. they fit well with the fluff as the very light infantry. Tau lives are expensive; hire mercinarys to die with very little equipment. the US army does it all the time.

Sale or trade DE wyches, Wood Elf Waywatchers, and more: http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,92810.0.html
Closed Thread