Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Will the Tau learn something new after Medusa?
View Poll Results: Will the Tau figure out how to travel through the Warp safely without waypoints after Medusa?
Yes, of course the Earth Caste will prevail. 13 19.40%
They will die during the experimenting and find out nothing at all. 4 5.97%
They will survive but still be confused when it comes to warp travel. 10 14.93%
They have no psykers so there was no point in the first place 6 8.96%
The research will continue long after the Medusa campaign. 34 50.75%
The Tau will will learn how to create one but will be unable to use it unless they quit creating inferior starships. 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 23 Jun 2006, 19:51   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Rogue_FireWarrior
Default Will the Tau learn something new after Medusa?

i was just wondering about your thoughts on the outcome of the tau after the Medusa v campain
any votes and or comments are appreciated

wins:21 Draws:9 Losses:8
[/img]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn (working on campaign)
They may be laughing at your red paint jobs or bat-eared grots when you deploy, but after loosing a few units to "da green horde" they'll learn to take your sonz of funguz seriously.
Old 23 Jun 2006, 19:56   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to etancross Send a message via MSN to etancross Send a message via Yahoo to etancross
Default Re: Will the tau learn something new after medusa...

It would be nice if they learned how to navagate the warp and travel to the section of space where the Orks and Tyranids are fighting and join the fray...
Old 23 Jun 2006, 20:07   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

since they might develop warp travel , this will cause there empire to grow drmaticaly, doesnt that mean more alien allies could become members of the tau empire?
Old 23 Jun 2006, 20:17   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Shovah Send a message via MSN to Shovah Send a message via Yahoo to Shovah

I doubt the Tau will get any bigger then they are now, they can hardly control what they have now!

The Tau do have warp travel, read the book Kill Team, they just can't stay long it to really move anywhere importent.

Shovah

"... and if machine spirit is not roused, the Lithany of Profanity should be spoken, followed by ritual striking of machine with one's fist. After which, depress the red rune again."

[taken from Adeptus Mechanicus manual]
Old 23 Jun 2006, 21:55   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

The Tau are doing fine. The only problem is the Farsight colonies, and I think that will be remedied eventually through ethereals.

The better question is, what strategy would the Tau adopt if they suddenly gained warp travel? They don't really yet have the taupower to be recognized by others as a threat on the galactic scale.

I'm guessing it would probably be something that would fit in nicely with campaign fluff. The Tau empire would probably keep expanding at normal speed, and the Ethereals would play their hand close to their chest, keeping the warp tech highly secret, making forays out into the greater galaxy to gather intelligence and sow the seeds for future Tau expansion.

This would allow them to participate in campaigns elsewhere in the galaxy without drastically changing their position in the 40k universe.
Old 23 Jun 2006, 21:58   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

The real issue of Medusa IV is weather craftworld Alaitoc will get it in the face or not.

There isn't really anything that will affect the fluff from the outcome of this battle. Sure, some Chaos guy might get killed, or a new planet to present to chaos, but otherwise GW would be happy to announce, if the Tau won, that 'Reasearch continues" and we will see no immediate benefit, because that's the way GW is.

Alaitoc, on the other hand, I heard could get wiped out if the Eldar fail this campaign.

This means no more craftworld Alaitoc, and possibly no more Eldar sniper-happy forces. It certainly means no more Pathfinder disruption tables, which I hear are getting axed reguardless. Since the new codex is bound to be out in October, we still have plenty of time to determine what becomes of the Eldar from this campaign.

So other than the eldar, there really isn't much point about debating weather the other races will have any sort of change- except perhaps the Tyrranids possibly reabsorbing the Death Leaper and getting a new article in chapter approved allowing 'nid players new things.
Old 23 Jun 2006, 22:27   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

Quote:
Alaitoc, on the other hand, I heard could get wiped out if the Eldar fail this campaign.
OMG... now that would be interesting. If they decide... "well, the eldar players did abysmally in the campaign... let's phase out that army."

Of course, that would be a bad idea. But it would be damn interesting.
Old 23 Jun 2006, 22:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Current word is that the Eldar codex is going to be a 'design your own craftworld' mentality like Space marine chapters.

So if Alaitoc goes and this is the case, who's gonna care? At least that's probably what goes through GW's mind...

That is why some players I know are deliberatly feilding their Alaitoc armies to save the craftworld. And the thing is, with cityfight rules, they have a good chance of suceeding.
Old 23 Jun 2006, 22:53   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Wouldn't that be a waste of the new Eldar rangers? I mean, if the primary consumer of Eldar rangers are Alaitoc players, wouldn't the sales drop if they "died"?

I believe that with the current Tau fanboyishness GW has, I wouldn't be surpirsed if GW released some Chapter approved with some Tau warp tech.
Old 24 Jun 2006, 00:33   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

No offence but the idea that Alaitoc will get wiped out if the Eldar lose makes no sense considering GW is releasing brand new Pathfinder ranger models in the fall
Closed Thread