Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Human Auxiliaries
Closed Thread
Old 20 Jun 2006, 07:09   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Kerwynn
Default Human Auxiliaries

Just wondering if anyone has a copy of the human Auxiliary rules. Tried to dl the pdf from the gamesworkshop homepage but the links buggered. Anyone else got a copy??
Old 20 Jun 2006, 09:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace
Default Re: Human Auxiliarys

The rules are here (in text form, with link to PDF which you've probably already found): http://uk.games-workshop.com/chapter...2Dauxiliaries/ - they work perfectly fine...
Old 20 Jun 2006, 10:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Kerwynn
Default Re: Human Auxiliarys

Thnx

Yeh they work fine for the UK section of the website however the Australian one has a link problem so i couldnt get it. Still, should have realised and checked the uk and america pages :-\
Old 20 Jun 2006, 20:19   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Human Auxiliaries

Strangely enough, you can use certain Docterines to represent human auxiluries using just the Imperial Guard Codex.

These docterines are listed with a AdpMech, Genestealer Cult, and blood pact armies on the UK site Here:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/imperialguard/doctrines/2/
Old 20 Jun 2006, 21:11   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well, yes, you can. BUT you cannot use the doctrine forces together with Tau forces.
The Human auxilliares counts as a troop choice, however. But at present, I see little use for them, they where somewhat useful but the new Codex have made them even less useful. Other than as a reasonably cheap marker light patrol. Otherwise, they are simply cannon fodder, and tau do not do cannonfodder.
If they could get more than 2 pulse weapons, some better items to use, they could be more useful as field unit. In fact, if they could get Hellguns or something a bit more hitty than a lasgun, or if they could take laspistols and close combat weapons they could be useful as a cheaper line unit.
Now, the kroots shoots better and fight better and are more useful as a infantry unit.

The only thing the Gue´vesas can do that a kroot cannot do better is blowing up tanks with the haywire grenades and use the markerlights. But with so much new flashy markerlight tech out on the field, the Gue´vesa marker team is not a good option. I rather take a marker drone or two...

My blog: http://mattiknife.wordpress.com
Old 20 Jun 2006, 21:36   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Ideal would probably be to just theme an IG army with it instead... Carapace armor and some other doctrines...

Unfortunately, since they can't take a heavy-weapon-team, they're just firewarriors with slightly better melee (still abysmal) and a flashlight instead of a real rifle
Old 21 Jun 2006, 02:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

They can be good EMP bombers. They will be more ignored than a Broadside or Death Rain, and can cause just as much devestation.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 21 Jun 2006, 02:40   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

However, most of the time, an oppenet would be smart enough to divert some AP5 fire if they get too close.
Old 21 Jun 2006, 02:42   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Human Auxiliaries have served me very well. I use them for a marker light team that can help protect Boradsides or take/contest a table quarter .

I've found many players will ignore a 6 man team with a marker light unitil it's to late and they lose a tank or dreadnaught .Then they seem to go into a mode of " I must kill that unit at all cost > > ." ,allowing my other units to shot at will.

I've recently had to stop using them for a while as they had become a top priority target to my regular opponents. But that will not last long. ;D

I am your lighted way and I am your darkest day. -Godsmack
Old 21 Jun 2006, 05:58   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Another good unit for just mobbing the enemy is the Gue'Vesa from the Taros Campaign book, if your opponent agrees. Playtested them and with the Ogryn in there, they work well for an anti-charge unit. Sit'em along your Tau firing line and charge them out when another unit gets too close. And with 19 Guard and an Orgyn, your opponent will think twice about getting too close, esp. if you have a unit of 20 Kroot with Hounds waiting 6" back to charge in the turn after. I plan on making a unit now and using Empire Militia and a WFB Orge mixed with some Tau and IG bits. Also will get thrown into my IG army as a conscript squad, so dual-use is good!
Closed Thread