Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Master Snipers Question
Closed Thread
Old 20 Jun 2006, 03:28   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Master Snipers Question

According to the CoD book, a unit MUST have more than one weapon with the sniper special rule. Which means, unfortunetly for Tau, we can not use it as we have no weapon with the sniper rule. My issue is that the GW website has it listed there. So what is the ruling? Can I give my PF Master Sniper strategem or not?

Here is the site link: http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4...actics/tau.htm

"We are the might of Tau'va and the Aun. Our might knows no bounds and our Technology can overcome any foe. We are the Omega Cadre and we conquer in the name of TAU'VA!!!!" Common pre-engagement encouragement from Shas'Ui of the Omega Cadre before battle commences.
Old 20 Jun 2006, 03:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau
Default Re: Master Snipers Question

It was written by noobs. Just because GW hires them doens'y un-make them noobs.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 20 Jun 2006, 05:04   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Simple evidence of how bad GW is at writing tactics for its own game. You would think that the people who made the thing would know better than that but apparently the writer of that tactica didnt even bother to have a look at the Tau reference sheet. Really quite pathetic. Take anything GW says on its sites with a grain of salt.

But to answer your question, no we cannot use it. None of our units contains a single, not one, sniper weapon thus it is a useless strategem for us. Just like demo shells and wrecker. There are many strategems we simply cannot use. Which is somewhat limiting especially as armies like the Space Marines dont seem to have any strategems they cannot use. Oh well.

Old 20 Jun 2006, 06:13   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Pretty sure Marines can't use repelling lines...for better or worse...
Old 20 Jun 2006, 11:39   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

This reminds me of a tactic on the GW site..............

"if a Dreadnought is worth 10 models, charge it with 20 Kroot!"

Priceless.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 20 Jun 2006, 11:44   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

... Wait... 20 kroot? that'll be 60 attacks, a good deal of which will hit. Sounds great.
well, except for the whole "can't actually ever hope to damage except maybe potentially a glance if you had some krootox and rolled boxcars since you can't actually touch that rear armor in CC with the rules...."

Do they hate tau, or have they just not actually read the codex (makes one wonder who wrote it)?

"If a dreadnought is worth 10 models, Fire a missile pod at it" now that works.
"If a dreadnought is worth 10 models, Railgun it" also works.
"If a dreadnought is worth 10 models, learn math. There's no 0 next to that 1" Much better.
Old 20 Jun 2006, 13:44   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thanks a lot. I just wanted to make sure because that would be totally awesome for Pathfinders or Sniper Teams.

"We are the might of Tau'va and the Aun. Our might knows no bounds and our Technology can overcome any foe. We are the Omega Cadre and we conquer in the name of TAU'VA!!!!" Common pre-engagement encouragement from Shas'Ui of the Omega Cadre before battle commences.
Closed Thread