Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Cities of Death and Tau
Closed Thread
Old 16 Jun 2006, 07:11   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to atree
Default Cities of Death and Tau

Been play COD had a few games I thought I would put down some pointers for people to agree with or to tell me that will never work .

the list .

I have been play 1000 point battles.

I have found that stright fire warriors with rilfes don't work that well they need a devil fish to relocate .

sniper drone teams are nice if you can get the line of sight needed so some battles they arn't that affective.

hammer heads are more useful than the broad side because of there speed and the ability to get a line of sight on a target.

COD is a HTH game unless you have the moblity to move out of the way.

these are the two main ways I have been writeing my list either horde kroot.

40 kroot riders hounds useing sewer rats stratagem and small 6 man pulse carbine fire warrior squads and suit with fusion blasters .

or mech tau

lots of suits plasma missile, hammer head, fire warrior squads in devil fish using reppelling lines stratagem

stratagem I like are .
sewer rats .
reppelling lines .
all the obstacles stratagem.
ammuntion store rapid fire frie warriors rule with this one .
booby traps.

these other to I like but tau can't use them
the wrecker stratagem but tau can't use it .
master sniper eldar altoc rule using this .

Old 16 Jun 2006, 12:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: City of death and Tau

I'll add an observation of my own.

MARKERLIGHTS!

Markerlights are what make Tau really shine in Cityfight. The cover saves that are so crucial can be negated almost at will. Key fortified buildings become deathtraps when hit with a markerlight. I was fighting a Guardian squad with starcannon bunkered in a ruin with a 3+ cover save. One tiny little 10 pt markerlight hit, and the entire unit got annihilated by a submunition. Use markerlights. Invariably.

I have found that stright fire warriors with rilfes don't work that well they need a devil fish to relocate .

Depends. Usually yes. But two squads of Fire Warriors in a fortified building can be well - nigh impossible to shift. You need to position them correctly. If you don't, they are completley useless.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 16 Jun 2006, 14:28   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Actually, Im thinking of going with flamers, fusion blasters, etc on my XV8s...I imagine those'll be far better in the tight spaces.

Likewise, Ion/SMS for my hammerheads...perhaps one rail if I suspect a land raider.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Old 16 Jun 2006, 17:39   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faolin
[..] bunkered in a ruin with a 3+ cover save. One tiny little 10 pt markerlight hit, and the entire unit got annihilated by a submunition. Use markerlights.
Don't you actually need four markerlight hits to negate a cover save of 3+?
Old 16 Jun 2006, 18:30   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to etancross Send a message via MSN to etancross Send a message via Yahoo to etancross

Quote:
Actually, Im thinking of going with flamers, fusion blasters, etc on my XV8s...I imagine those'll be far better in the tight spaces.
You souldn't need flamers unless the shizzle is hitting the fan and the enemy is right on top of you or your attacking weaker units.
Old 17 Jun 2006, 01:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Cities of Death and Tau

Don't you actually need four markerlight hits to negate a cover save of 3+?

You're right. (unfortunatley) My bad. I thought that was abit overpowered........ ah well.

Flamers are definetley handy in Cityfight. I've used them, and they were responsible for about half my army's kills (I was fighting a Guardian - heavy Eldar list). Again, if a unit is bunched up in a fortified building, flamers are better than just about any other weapon.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 17 Jun 2006, 06:27   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

flamers are a good option but don't realy have the AP .

but if you are going to fusion blaster on you suits are you still going to take a hammer head ?

becasue as I see it, if I was to take fusion blasters I wouldn't take a hammer head but save the points for more fusion blasters and flammers.

but if I was going to take a hammer head I would go plasma rather than the fusion for the rapid fire .
Old 17 Jun 2006, 07:37   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via Yahoo to uriel

i would say vespid will really shine in COD along with the skyray and piranha

Old 17 Jun 2006, 10:52   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by atree
AP means nothing when 90% of the enemy is in 4+ cover. As Whitedwarf has noted, you will do much better with volume of fire over high strength/low AP weapons.
Old 17 Jun 2006, 18:11   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRaptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by atree
AP means nothing when 90% of the enemy is in 4+ cover. As Whitedwarf has noted, you will do much better with volume of fire over high strength/low AP weapons.
against space marines will this work ? any other army that dosn't have a 3+ save I say go for it .

1 shot hits on 2-4+ (marker lights) str 8 save with a 4+ (fusion blaster)
2 shots (rapid fireing) hits on a 2-4+ (maker lights) str 6 with a 4+ save (plasma rifle)
3-8 hits auto str 4 with a 3+save (flamer)
dose any one know the %

I will do a little test for you right now I am going to roll my dice and see how many die for each weapon

fusion blaster missed rolled a one ok that was unlucky

plasma rolled a 6 and a 5 to hit, 4 and a 2 to wound against str 4 all good so far 4+ cover save a 1 and a 5 Killed one marine woot.

flamer lets say it hit 5. rolled a 6 a 5 a 4 and two 2's. 3 wounded now for the 3+ save a 4 a 3 and a 1 killed another marine ...

lets say you got realy luck and hit a full squad of 10.
To wound I rolled a four 6's three 4's a 1 ,3 and 5 . That is 8 wounded to save on a 3+ I rolled two 3's four 5's a 4 and a 6 no dead ...

so which is better against marines ? I perfer the missile pod plasma config but I think flamer plasma would be the best config for city fight.

and as for the fusion blaster drop it and get a hammer head or use seeker missiles .
but then again a small stealth suit team or two, tank hunting all ways works well too.