Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Double Team!
Closed Thread
Old 14 Jun 2006, 03:44   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Double Team!

You guys think that the Ninja Shas'O vectored retro-thrusters that ties up heavy weapons/devastator/etc squads would work good with an 'el? I use a Shas'O Helios right now, with either a shieldgen or stims, and I was planning to use them together with one another, kinda like a follow the leader tactic (Shas'O dances around and ties up one squad for 1-2 turns, while Shas'eL gives fire support for one and then jumps into CC right when the Shas'O sprints away, doing the same for another squad, etc).
Old 14 Jun 2006, 03:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau
Default Re: Double Team!

I prefer killing them that turn :

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 14 Jun 2006, 03:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Ehh maybe its a kinda stupid tactic...I only thought of it after I got masscred by a bunch of slow as hell necrons (namely immortals) and slowing their inevitable advance for a few turns was the only option that came to my mind.
Old 14 Jun 2006, 03:57   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

I'm saying that your tactic would be fine in any other army, we Tau concentrate our firepower and destroy whole squads each turn.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 14 Jun 2006, 04:05   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Yah I'm prolly going to stick with that. This was pretty dumb lol.
Old 14 Jun 2006, 04:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

I disagree. This is a wonderful tactic against a handful of specialized units. If you face them, great. If not... well, I've seen one single devastator squad in the past six months... maybe 2. Wouldn't work for me.

Anyway you don't need a second guy. You just jump out at the end of his turn, then move/shoot/assault in yours. The O is preferable because of increased wounds, WS, I, and attacks... FAR preferable.

Two O's would be the best... but the special issue gear is 1 per army. You can tie a squad up with a dood with a shield gen... you just can't do the ninja tactic where you make use of your offensive capabilities by shooting them after jumping out of combat.
Old 14 Jun 2006, 16:15   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Ah I see. Maybe I'll try 2 Shas'Os in larger games.
Old 15 Jun 2006, 10:28   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

This technique has saved me from total defeat a number of times. Once I charged a Hive Tyrant to stop it feasting on the rest of my (static) army. Not only did I stop the Tyrant long enough to shoot at it, but that same Shas'O also stopped a unit of Hormaguants from slaughtering my Crisis Suits. In that same game.

In some situations, that techniques is awesome. For example, fighting firepower squads like Dark Reapers and Devastators. Also holding up light infantry like Guardians and Hormagaunts. In some cases you can even wipe out the unit in question. If they fail the test and run you have a fair chance of hunting them down.

Granted, there are situations in which it is worse than useless. Like when facing dedicated close combat squads. Or anything with power weapons.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 15 Jun 2006, 16:47   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

Yeah... one power fist is goodnight.
Old 24 Jun 2006, 08:07   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

i have to disagree that a power weapon would me death , there strenght my double and ignore armour saves but dont forget that there initiative decreases to 1 meaning all you squad can strike before the power fist guy