Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Rate my 1000pt Tau army
Closed Thread
Old 05 Dec 2004, 05:52   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Rate my 1000pt Tau army

Can you rate my 1000pt Tau army?

(no kroot or stealth suit, ruins army look)

HQ
Shas'o [139] Twin-Linked Plasma Rifle, Burst Cannon,Two Shield Drones(he's with Done fast attack so he's very difficult to kill)

Elite
3 Crisis Battle Suits;
1 battle suit [56] twin-linked-burst cannon,flamer,bonded,multi-tracker
2 battle suit [66] twin-linked missile pod,burst cannon,bonded,multi-tracker
Shas'vre [78] twin-linked missile pod,fusion blaster,bonded,multi-tracker,2 gun drones

Troops
12 Fire Warriors [130] Shas'ui

Fast Attack
8 Gundrones [96]

Heavy Support
Hammerhead [175] railgun,two burst cannons,pair of gun drones,multi tracker

Due to conquer the world next Friday.

For the Greater Bad!
Old 05 Dec 2004, 08:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42
Default Re: Rate my 1000pt Tau army

HQ
Shas'o [139] Twin-Linked Plasma Rifle, Burst Cannon,Two Shield Drones(he's with Done fast attack so he's very difficult to kill)

>>I prefer Shas'o myself, as long as you keep it within 6" of another squad this guy will be safe

Elite
3 Crisis Battle Suits;
Shas'vre [78] twin-linked missile pod,fusion blaster,bonded,multi-tracker,2 gun drones

>>Have them all as separate elite choices if you definatly dont want stelath suits, that way theres no need in bonding them and they can all shoot at different units and yuor opponent has to hunt each one down sepratly
Troops

>>If your not having Kroot then you need plenty of these. I like it ;D

Fast Attack
8 Gundrones [96]

>>Personally i never use these but if they work for you then thats great

Heavy Support
Hammerhead [175] railgun,two burst cannons,pair of gun drones,multi tracker

>> Heres where i'd change a few things, firstly i dont think 1 hammerhead is enough, and this one is too expensive. I'd drop the gun drones (you seem to like these dont you!) drop the multitracker as with the new rules you can move 6" fire all hammerhead weapons and still have all hits as glancing. So that makes the HH cost 150 pts....

Overall i like thsi list, it has a nice firebase but you need to make sure you protect your battlesuits well. Depp striking the gun drones to snipe rear armour would be good as it would put less pressure on the hammerhead as you only have 1 railgun in your army.

Old 05 Dec 2004, 09:13   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Location: somewhere in the UK, plotting to take over the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Genius
HQ

Elite
3 Crisis Battle Suits;
I hate to burst your bubble but you have filled four hardpoints on all of them. A twin linked weapon counts as two hardpoints, so even though you could model it it wouldn't be legal. this all needs revising I'm afraid. And a unit with drones can't join another squad, he looses his independent character status, however if you dump the drones and keep him near a crisis suit then he cant be targeted.

some people have told me to get a life but i can't find anywhere on the internet to download one

world domination planned for next Thursday
Old 05 Dec 2004, 13:14   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

What do you think of this then?

HQ
Shas'o [124]twin-linked plasma rifle,burst cannon,multi-tracker

Elite

Shas'vre(crisis battlesuit)[66]twin-linked-burst cannon,flamer,multi-tracker
Shas'vre(crisis battlesuit)[76]twin-linked missile pod,burst cannon,multi-tracker
Shas'vre(crisis battlesuit)[78]twin-linked missile pod,fuision blaster,multi-tracker

Troops
11 Fire Warriors[130]
1 Shas'ui
11 Fire Warriors[130]
1 Shas'ui
11 Fire Warriors[130]
1 Shas'ui

Heavy Support
Hammerhead[170]railgun,two burst cannons,pair of gun drones
Shas'vre(broadside battlesiut)[95]twin-linked railgun, twin-linked plasma rifle, multi-tracker

For the Greater Bad!
Old 05 Dec 2004, 14:05   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

dump the hammerhead gun drones and add a multi tracker, i know you can now move to 6" and fire everything but with a multi tracker you can move 12", more flexability as the next bit of terrain may not be exactly 6" away. crisis teams seem to be a bit mixed in odd combinations. i can see that you've edited them so you have enough guns, but don't fall into the trap of making crisis teams multi taskers, give each one a task. I'm not going to talk about what is a good crisis suit as there are far to many out there.

fire warriors are good and so is the broadside.

some people have told me to get a life but i can't find anywhere on the internet to download one

Old 05 Dec 2004, 14:39   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonamous
dump the hammerhead gun drones and add a multi tracker, i know you can now move to 6" and fire everything but with a multi tracker you can move 12", more flexability as the next bit of terrain may not be exactly 6" away. crisis teams seem to be a bit mixed in odd combinations. i can see that you've edited them so you have enough guns, but don't fall into the trap of making crisis teams multi taskers, give each one a task. I'm not going to talk about what is a good crisis suit as there are far to many out there.

If I took the gun drones out I would have 16pts left over. What should I spend them on?

For the Greater Bad!
Old 05 Dec 2004, 16:09   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

11 points by by count, plus 1 from the fact your army adds to 999 points.
Personally I would change the crisis suits, I think I can see the idea of using them as heavy infantry killers, and a mobile anti-tank unit, but the crisis suits are for killing what the rest of the army can't.
Pulse rifles can handle basic infantry like guardians, orks and guard, and railguns can handle tanks. But if you face space marines the pulse rifles will struggle, tanks that hide or artillery cant be hit with railguns.
This is where crisis suits come in, they can kill things the rest of the army can't kill or will have trouble killing. Which is why the plasma rifle, missile pod, multi tracker combo is so popular, it can kill infantry, power armour, terminators, large tyranids, small tanks, artillery etc, the list goes on.

Old 05 Dec 2004, 16:32   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Also dont make the broadside a shas'vre, you havent put any hard wired options on it so don't bother with the extra WS and I, its not worth it for 10 points. Also, instead of making those crisis suts shas'vre, save 5pts on each and make them team leaders, you save 15 pts and still can get a hard wired system. Also, consider taking out 1 crisis suit and with some of the points saved from other things, purchase a samll stealth team (4 man?), that will give you a nice volume of fire which can stay alive the whole game is used right and can also capture objectives and things with the jetpacks (again im a hypocrit, i dont have any stealth suits myself, but they are great!)
Old 05 Dec 2004, 16:41   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The only thing ,42, is that Stealth teams just look sh** and messes up the army's look.

For the Greater Bad!
Old 05 Dec 2004, 16:46   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Oh yeh, sorry, i forgot to read your first post again, no kroot or stealth. Shame, they can be very useful, can't you find some way of painring them in the same colours as the rest of the army. In codexs and things theyre meant to be a different colour and do have a different look but if they had the same colour scheme then would you accept them? Either way your call, if you don't like the look of your army then you won't like playing with it as much!