Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Quick rules question on Target locks
Closed Thread
Old 08 Jun 2006, 20:06   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Quick rules question on Target locks

If I give my Stealth Shas'ui a marker light, target lock and multi-tracker, can he fire his ML at one unit and then fire the burst cannon at the same unit as the other stealths are firing at? I would assume that the answer is no, which makes taking a multi-tracker useless basically.
Old 08 Jun 2006, 20:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Quick rules question on Target locks

I would say no, as the target lock as a battlesuit upgrade only allows the suit to shoot at a different target than his unit. Only vehicles with it can target different units with different weapons.

-"We hit that bullseye and the rest of the dominoes will fall down like a house of cards. Checkmate."

- "He who laughs last....didn't get it."
Old 08 Jun 2006, 20:15   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

Shaiden is right. The TL enables the MODEL to target something else, not one of his weapons. No infantry can fire two weapons at two targets normally, and the TL does not state that you can, only that you can split fire from your squadmates.
Old 08 Jun 2006, 20:34   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by budro
If I give my Stealth Shas'ui a marker light, target lock and multi-tracker, can he fire his ML at one unit and then fire the burst cannon at the same unit as the other stealths are firing at? I would assume that the answer is no, which makes taking a multi-tracker useless basically.
Unless you also give him a Fusion Blaster, in which case any tank he fails to kill could be hit with a Seeker Missile or guided Railgun shot.
Old 09 Jun 2006, 01:10   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I would say the model (not squad if you have a TL and pass your target priority test) has to target the same unit with both weapons. Also, he has to remain stationary in the movement phase to fire a markerlight. Other than that, I guess in theory he could fire both BC and ML in the same turn, right? ???

"Hold out baits to entice the enemy... If he is in superior strength, evade him... If he is taking his ease, give him no rest... Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected." ~Sun Tzu

Scientia potentia est
Old 09 Jun 2006, 01:29   #6 (permalink)
lonely tau

the multi tracker would allow him to fire both weapons but the target lock would only allow him to shoot at a different unit with all of his weapons...DEAD TANKS

Old 09 Jun 2006, 03:22   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to CommanderNightstalker Send a message via Yahoo to CommanderNightstalker

The Markerlight is a weapon system, even if it doesn't deal any damage, so yes, you can fire the Markerlight and a Busrt Cannon at one target while your team is shooting at something else.
"Duty. Honor. Vigilance. These are the three values that you of the Shas Caste should have burned within your hearts. To live these values is to be a Fire Warrior of Ta'ran. It is these values that set us apart from our Sept Brethren. With Duty, Honor, and Vigilance on our minds, nothing can stand in our way."

- Commander Nightstalker
Closed Thread