Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Another Stupid Question
Closed Thread
Old 08 Jun 2006, 15:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Another Stupid Question

Is a hard pint the same as a hard wire? This has bugged me for a long long time!
Old 08 Jun 2006, 16:04   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Another Stupid Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackisgreat
Is a hard pint the same as a hard wire? This has bugged me for a long long time!
No. Hard-wired systems are internal, either built into the chassis of the battlesuit or else cybernetically implanted into the pilot. You can think of hardpoints as weapon mounts. They are places on the outside frame of the battlesuit where external systems may be "plugged in" to control systems and power feeds.

In game terms, each and every Crisis suit must have a support system or weapon attached to each of its three hardpoints. After that, you can add as many hard-wired systems as you like. In the previous version of the codex, there was also a difference in point-cost between hard-wired and hard-point systems.

I hope that clears it up. The terms can be a little confusing. They sound similar, but they are opposites, in a sense. A hard-wired system is difficult to add or remove, whereas the idea of hard-points is to make systems easy to swap out.
Old 08 Jun 2006, 16:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
Quote:
No. Hard-wired systems are internal, either built into the chassis of the battlesuit or else cybernetically implanted into the pilot. You can think of hardpoints as weapon mounts. They are places on the outside frame of the battlesuit where external systems may be "plugged in" to control systems and power feeds.

In game terms, each and every Crisis suit must have a support system or weapon attached to each of its three hardpoints. After that, you can add as many hard-wired systems as you like. In the previous version of the codex, there was also a difference in point-cost between hard-wired and hard-point systems.

I hope that clears it up. The terms can be a little confusing. They sound similar, but they are opposites, in a sense. A hard-wired system is difficult to add or remove, whereas the idea of hard-points is to make systems easy to swap out.
You have no idea how much that broadens the possibilities for my suits. THANK YOU!
Old 28 Jun 2006, 10:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Tut tut. Stupid question.
Old 28 Jun 2006, 10:52   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by major tau Dodd
Hey man, no question is a stupid question. There may be other members who were afraid to ask that question, but he did for them!

Just to expand a bit on what Khanaris's point.

When I think of crisis suits, I think of battleships in WW2.

They have several gun-mounts (hardpoints) where they can only set their guns. While in the bridge, they have different equipment (hard-wired) that aren't weapon, that assist them.

Old 28 Jun 2006, 12:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Krezent
Quote:
Originally Posted by major tau Dodd
Hey man, no question is a stupid question. There may be other members who were afraid to ask that question, but he did for them!
Oh yeah, right.
Old 28 Jun 2006, 15:59   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

By definition a stupid question is one that you already know the answer to. Otherwise while we may not like answering simple questions like these again and again theres no reason not to and no real reason to ridicule someone for asking.

To clarify just a little more there is a 100pt limit on wargear. So a battlesuit with access to wargear may take any number of hard wired systems and other wargear so long as the total does not exceed 100pts. Which really isnt too easy to do.

Also I think I should note that only battlesuits with access to wargear can take hard wired systems. Which means shas'ui team leaders, shas'vre (including bodyguards), shas'el and shas'o. Firewarrior and Pathfinder Team leaders also have access to wargear but there are few hard wired systems that would be beneficial to them.

Old 28 Jun 2006, 16:31   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Hard pint eh? Cheers! ;D
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Old 28 Jun 2006, 21:49   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

There are indeed such things as stoopid questions. But this wasnt one of them. Nor is a stupid question one that you know the answer to... ooh no! They are questions that simply make your head implode with the complete lack of common sense or logic... and make you ponder for the rest of the year what could have possibly been going on in his head at that moment in order to formulate that question... and yet you'll fail to even make a good guess.

THAT defines a stupid question. ;D I can make up some examples, simply by setting up my brain in some loopy insane context, then opening my mouth and seeing what comes out. Its actually kind of fun!

"... hey.. um.. how do I post a message? I dont know how to use the keyboard."

".. would you shut up!?! I'm trying to hear what you're saying!"

"Why is Blue so Blue, and not a little bit more Counter-Clockwise??"

And here are some pop culture stupid questions
Homer Simpson (big shock): "To.. continue.. press.. any.. key... hey! which one's the any key?"

Brain: "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
Pinkey: "I think so, Brain... If the plural of mouse is mice, wouldnt the plural of spouse be spice?"

;D
Old 29 Jun 2006, 02:43   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash

Asked and answered...make sure not to riducle people or have them feel bad about asking advice/clarification

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Closed Thread