Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Crisis suit Army.. hmm?
Closed Thread
Old 08 Jun 2006, 04:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Crisis suit Army.. hmm?

I dont have any real knowledge of Tau Empires Codex, neither do I have access to one anytime soon. I was just wondering, how effective would a Crisis Suit heavy army would do on a standard game, haha backed up with some firewarriors or even kroot to add more in numbers. Would you suggest this for me to play? This would be my 3rd army, and by far doesnt always have to win, but not lose all the time.. what do you think?
Old 08 Jun 2006, 05:22   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Crisis suit Army.. hmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murekhalir
I dont have any real knowledge of Tau Empires Codex, neither do I have access to one anytime soon. I was just wondering, how effective would a Crisis Suit heavy army would do on a standard game, haha backed up with some firewarriors or even kroot to add more in numbers. Would you suggest this for me to play? This would be my 3rd army, and by far doesnt always have to win, but not lose all the time.. what do you think?
The obvious downside is that you will be badly out-numbered, and the more battlesuits you have, the harder it becomes to manage their movement to keep them safe from return fire. I think it would be a very fun and characterful army to play, though. It might be worth playing Farsight Enclaves, as a Crisis-heavy army will not run afoul of his selection restrictions. Because he can take a massive Bodyguard, this also allows you to cram in a few more suits if you absolutely must.
Old 08 Jun 2006, 10:31   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murekhalir
There is a trend of very heavy crisis army lists at the moment, which are working, with very minimal firewarriors and kroot. The backup is the skimmers and pathfinders. It can work. Just pack in the shield drones.

Besides, if you like the idea, go for it. Patlabor force

Cheers!
Old 08 Jun 2006, 10:53   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

with farsight and three elite choices your looking at 16-17 crisis + 2 fire worrior squads and a devislfish thats one cick ass army. (give or take some broadsides)

this could be an awesome army. could you send me the results if you get to use it in action?
Old 08 Jun 2006, 11:03   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

God i would love to feild a farsight army 8 Crisis Suits (each one of them has bonding!) in a single unit..... Give them all plasma/burst cannon targetting array HWMT and a HW Drone Controller with two sheild drones...... Thats* a 22 Model Unit with alot of Durability and firepower! You could add some target locks and fire at multiple units.

Then you could take a Hammer head and squad of Boradsides for tank busthing and some kroot and/or mounted firewarriors for some destraction......

P.S Imagin Marker lighting for that Squad* ;D
Old 08 Jun 2006, 12:57   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

My first Tau armies were very Crisis-heavy. I took two static squads of 6 Fire Warriors and a Railhead and sunk every last point into Crisis suits. It worked fine back then, lots of plasma fire decimated the father-in-laws marines, and they were mobile, but he wasn't very good back then and I never tried those tactics against anybody else. I got into the whole fish-of-fury and pathfinders and never had the points available again.

Old 08 Jun 2006, 13:01   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Wow...farsight bodyguard could be a huge unit!! at an incredible point cost...

I find that having too many crisis suit is often problematic...because you can find in lack of cover where to put them...

If you leave crisis in the open it's no good...
Shield drones help though...

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild, and freak out an' do anything they wanna do"
Old 08 Jun 2006, 13:10   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well anything that could insta kill the battle suits you deligate to one of the 14 sheild drones

Then if you have one of your suits with the Stim injector and let him take the small arms fire.....
Old 08 Jun 2006, 14:38   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solourus
Well anything that could insta kill the battle suits you deligate to one of the 14 sheild drones

Then if you have one of your suits with the Stim injector and let him take the small arms fire.....
Yeah, but thats like 300+ pts.
Imagine how many points a fully tooled up one would cost- >1000pts!

"Hold out baits to entice the enemy... If he is in superior strength, evade him... If he is taking his ease, give him no rest... Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected." ~Sun Tzu

Scientia potentia est
Old 08 Jun 2006, 14:55   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

A farsight army can boast a total of 20 crisis suits and then you can have a few broadsides on top of that. Thats a huge number of suits and 8 of them are Farsight and his 7 Bodyguard and you get bonding for free. Not bad.

Crisis heavy armies can work just figure out how you are going to support them and back them up with numbers. Some Piranhas and a few mounted Firewarrior squads to add numerical support and capturing ability never hurts.

Closed Thread