Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Krootox
Closed Thread
Old 07 Jun 2006, 07:00   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Krootox

now that these cool looking models are no longer a heavy choice how many people have bin using them in there army and how are they working out for you i always loved the models but could never put them in until the new codex came out

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 07 Jun 2006, 07:02   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Krootox

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank
now that these cool looking models are no longer a heavy choice how many people have bin using them in there army and how are they working out for you i always loved the models but could never put them in until the new codex came out
No. They still take away Infiltrate, which is my primary reason for taking Kroot in the first place.
Old 07 Jun 2006, 07:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Exactly.

Kroot are buffers. They shoot well, they assault with ungodly number of attacks, and they infiltrate. They force enemies back, and they can take up good positions.

Krootox take that away. When you consider how much better a Deathrain is, you never take it for its intended use anyway.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 07 Jun 2006, 07:13   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

i see that suck well now i know i still dont have to wast money to buy them

Old 07 Jun 2006, 13:05   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

what I want to know is what the kroot gun is classed as. In the codex its rapid fire, BUT its fired by the rider. Does that give him a stable firing platform like suits? Or can he only fire a measly 12 inches when his mount moves?
Old 07 Jun 2006, 19:12   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Like anything with Rapid Fire and w/o stable platforms... 12".
I bought two krootox for fluffy reasons, and to protect my broadsides when I go static.

The best thing they could do to krootox unit is allow it to function as though it has a Target Lock for shooting purposes. If I could use that 48" gun separate from the foot-slogging Kroot, they'd be worth losing infiltration over.
Proudly banned from both Mech Tau Tactica and Advanced Tau Tactica by Kai'Lore. Kai'Lore has no honor and the fact that my mere presence reminds him of this is more than his cowardly person can bear. He banned me from the new site after less than a day. =)
Old 07 Jun 2006, 19:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Elessar

the problem with krootox is that they fullfill no purpose. kroot dont need a huge kroot rifle walking around with them. not enough dakka to take down hordes, AP isn't good enough for power armour, and strength isn't high enough to make the squad a threat to tanks. its high strength is nice in CC, but it doesn't make up for the lack of infiltration and price. Take off the gun and let it infiltrate, then we're talking.

Old 07 Jun 2006, 20:48   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

yeah that makes sense i wonder why GW did that now no one will ever use them there just not worth it

Old 07 Jun 2006, 20:59   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank
yeah that makes sense i wonder why GW did that now no one will ever use them there just not worth it
They are more useable that they used to be, at least, so we are moving in the right direction. Now that they can be taken without handicapping the rest of the FOC, it is possible that someone may come up with a good use for them. Personally, I will wait before buying the model.
Old 07 Jun 2006, 21:21   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yeah, its been said before, but I just don't see the use in them...
Well, maybe a static army could take about 20 kroot and the max krootox and just be a firing line squad, being able to pump out like 20 rifle and ~6 or so high strength shots to tear through some infantry (I forget how many krootox you can take max in a squad)
... but I play mech tau, so I don't see any use in them. Just give me my box of 16 infiltrators anyday ;D

"Hold out baits to entice the enemy... If he is in superior strength, evade him... If he is taking his ease, give him no rest... Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected." ~Sun Tzu

Scientia potentia est
Closed Thread