Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

hammerhead rules clarification
Closed Thread
Old 03 Dec 2004, 06:08   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default hammerhead rules clarification

Hello all, on page 63 of the v4 rulebook i've got a quote under the heading "moving and shooting vehicle weaponry" that has caused me some confusion. It states that a fast vehicle may not mount ordnance weapons and so may may never fire them. This is cause for concern because the railgun submunition uses the ordnance template although it is listed as a heavy 1 weapon. This issue becomes a question for concern because of the multi-tracker upgrade for vehicles that allows it to fire one weapon at 12" movement. Does this allow a HH to move 12" and fire a submunition round or is it limited to the standard railgun round? Also the multitracker rules say that only one weapon can be fired if 12" of movement is used but this is a codex written under v3. The v4 rules allow for defensive weapon fire which covers smart missiles and burst cannons. Does a HH moving 12" fire rail/SMS or rail/BC or is it forced to choose only one weapon system due to codex wording? Please advise as this is causing some consternation in my gaming group.

Viva la feisty!
Old 03 Dec 2004, 06:21   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: hammerhead rules clarification

It's easy to see where the confusion comes from, but here ya be.

The railgun itself is *not* an Ordnance weapon. It's submunition just happens to use the ordnance template to work out the effects. So with the multitracker, you can still jet forward, unleash a submunition or solid shot round, and still cut loose with the SMS or burst cannons of your choice!

Old 03 Dec 2004, 22:25   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

In the tau codex it specifies sub munitions uses ordinance marker, but never ever counts as an ordinance hit. The multi tracker upgrade allows the slow skimmer to fire as though it is a fast vehicle (i.e. you can fire everything). Which means you want to move at least seven inches every turn.

*sigh* It makes my eyes misty to think of all the damage I have caused with my hammerhead.
In some of my posts I may mention my feelings, opinions, and/or some facts about various armies. These comments are in no way meant to hurt or insult any quality players, with well planned (sometimes painted) armies. The quality of "Cheese" is limited to the specific individual and can only be enhanced/diminished by any imbalance due to game design, codex creep, or by not having a new codex for eight years. Any posted comments are not intended for any army as a whole.
Thank you, and goodnight.
Old 03 Dec 2004, 22:34   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

They should not call it the "Ordnance" marker, they should call it the "Large Blast Template".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 03 Dec 2004, 22:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I have a question about the devilfish, if you move the devilfish more than six inches without the multitracker upgrade you get to fire no weapons correct ?

In some of my posts I may mention my feelings, opinions, and/or some facts about various armies. These comments are in no way meant to hurt or insult any quality players, with well planned (sometimes painted) armies. The quality of "Cheese" is limited to the specific individual and can only be enhanced/diminished by any imbalance due to game design, codex creep, or by not having a new codex for eight years. Any posted comments are not intended for any army as a whole.
Thank you, and goodnight.
Old 04 Dec 2004, 03:16   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Thats very true Wargamer.. Oh well... it'll always be a Pie Plate to me...

Hail Olianus Pious! Patron Saint of the Imperial Guard! Savior of the Emperor!
Old 04 Dec 2004, 08:33   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42

To answer 'Akuma's question as best as i can, without the multitracker the devilfish behaves like a nrmal tank. With the new rules it can move 6" and fire one weapon str 6 or over and all weapons under str5, so the devilfish can fire all its weapons. It can also move 12" and fire nothing. But with the multitracker it behaves like a fast vehicle and can fire all defensive weapons and one weapon over str 5 if moving 12" and no weapons if moving 24"
Old 04 Dec 2004, 17:32   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Actuallly the multitracker only allows the vehicle to fire as if it were fast, it in no way effects movement. A Devilfish can never move 24" as it is not a fast vehicle.

Viva la feisty!
Old 04 Dec 2004, 17:43   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42

oops, i was quoting from a rule sheet!
Old 13 Feb 2005, 08:33   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to WarmasterDevilfish Send a message via MSN to WarmasterDevilfish Send a message via Yahoo to WarmasterDevilfish

thank god for the search function... i'll now go and slap this in someones face... i nearly lost a game because of that, he was adamant it couldnt move and shoot with a multi tracker... i should cut his neck off, but i wont, poor Sisters of battle scum

I feel obliged to say this, my name has nothing, i repeat NOTHING to do with the Tau APC, i chose this name long before I even knew about 40k, based upon a Chinese old wives tale about a fish which can kill you when eaten, it either poisons you if you cook it for too long, or if you don't cook it enough. I feel that should answer your question as to why i am the "Devilfish" - Not reccomended for consumption

40k Armies:
Chaos - Khorne - 1400pts
Space Marines - Crimson Skulls (My own chapter) - 1000pts

Battelfleet Gothic Fleets:
Chaos - Khorne - 3505pts

Armies in the Pipeline:
Warhammer - High Elves - 2642pts - Now in many bits on my desk... only 100 models to glue and paint :'(
Warhammer 40k - Tau - unknown at present, still working a list
Closed Thread