Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Matter of rules
Closed Thread
Old 03 Jun 2006, 22:29   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Matter of rules

Well I hate to bother with such a trivial question but I'm here at work and don't have the codex in front of me. So... i have seen people TL a weapon system and then take a lone weapon system on top of that filling all hard points. As an example:

Sha'vre
TL Fusion
Plasma rifle
HWMT

So with a setup like this with three hardpoint weapons one being twin-linked are people assuming they can fire the TL and the single weapon on the same turn? Otherwise is it not just a point sink to put three weapon systems on anything less then possibly an 'el or 'O? Sorry for the brain fart if this is an odvious question but I have not played in a long time so just getting back into it and trying to nock the cobwebs out. Thanks.

"Hope" is not a strategy.
Old 03 Jun 2006, 22:35   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Matter of rules

yes you can fire both weapons, beacuse the twin link constatuntes as one weapon in shooting phase, even though it takes up 2 hard points.
Ties:1
Old 03 Jun 2006, 23:36   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Pope is correct.

The obvious disadvantage of this set up is that to get the multi tracker you need to hard wire it. To hard wire it you'll need to be a team leader, or a Shas'vre/'el/'O.

However one of my personal favorite crisis configs is Shas'ui w/ twin-linked missile pods, flamer
47 points of tank busting goodness. Great range, nice and cheap. And if opponents do get up close a flamer or two usually makes em think twice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 04 Jun 2006, 05:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Sorry, the Missle pod/falmer combo IMO is the worst. How many times are you able to be in that close range to use the flamer and hit effectively with your missle pod?
Old 04 Jun 2006, 05:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse
Sorry, the Missle pod/falmer combo IMO is the worst. How many times are you able to be in that close range to use the flamer and hit effectively with your missle pod?
The whole point of the suit is the Missile Pods... The Flamer is there because it is dirt cheap (only 1 point more than the cheapest thing we cam fill a hardpoint with), and if your opponent gets too close to your suit, well, you can burn them >!
Screaming defiance with the last breath,
To spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"

Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all stratagem is lost, and when all stratagem is lost, the battle is lost.

Tell me now, is there a man among you here, is there no one who will stand up and try to fight? Tell me man, is there not one in all your ranks, is there no one who values courage over life?
Old 04 Jun 2006, 05:21   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

use a BSF then. It'll come in handy probably just as (not very) often, and costs a point less.
Old 04 Jun 2006, 10:28   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

An interesting idea, and almost tempting suit configuration, but I would think specializing the suit with a targeting array might suit your purposes better. Hitting on a 3+ with a reroll is quite powerfull. (89.9999 %chance to hit)
Old 08 Jun 2006, 08:07   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPope
yes you can fire both weapons, because the twin link constitutes as one weapon in shooting phase, even though it takes up 2 hard points.
I'm curious if there is more clarification for this. I noticed that the description for TL weapons says "A single-mounted weapon counts as a single battlesuit weapon system, and a twin-linked weapon counts as two." pg25 TE Codex. So this would lead me too believe that even with a multitracker we would not be able to fire the TL weapons as well as a third lone wep on another hardpoint. This brings up a further issue with the Bradside in particular. The multitracker says "It enables the model to fire two battlesuit weapon systems in the same turn." pg26 TE codex. So this leads us to a weird situation. Even with a multitracker the Broadside with TL weapon systems, can not fire both as it counts as four weapon systems total according to pg25. Am I crazy? Please tell me this is just poor wording as the old Codex didn't have the same description for TL weapon systems.

"Hope" is not a strategy.
Old 08 Jun 2006, 09:19   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I'm sure its just poor wording, otherwise a broadside would always need to take a mutlitracker. Taking a Twinlinked system and then always needing to add a multitracker would be a bit silly, but I see where one could argue.
Old 08 Jun 2006, 09:26   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

You don't need a multi. Keep in mind that they're talking HARDPOINTS on that page: its still a standard twinlink like you see everywhere else. TL weapons fire as a single system, since all it gets is the improved accuracy.

You DO, however, need a multitracker if you want to fire both the railguns and SMS or plasma in the same turn
Closed Thread