Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[BatRep]: Tau vs Tyranids
Closed Thread
Old 03 Jun 2006, 13:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Krimxon Send a message via Yahoo to Krimxon
Default [BatRep]: Tau vs Tyranids

Greetings. I've made another battle report, and you saw my other one with my Chaos, this is with my Tau. I play against Tyranids. 1000pt game.

Tyranids and Tau

Lists:

Tau:
HQ
Kanoka
Shas’o
Plasma Rifle
Shield Generator
Missile Pod
Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker
Burst Cannon
Total – 125

Elites
Crisis XV8
Shas’vre
TL Fusion Blaster
Plasma Rifle
Multi-Tracker
Iridium Armor Plates
Stimulant Injector
Vectored retro-thrusters –
Failsafe Detonator
Total – 133pts
Crisis XV8
Shas’vre
Plasma Rifle
Flamer
Missile Pod
Multi-Tracker
Total – 76pts
Stealth Suits
2x Shas’ui
1x Shas’vre
Total – 100pts

Troops
7x Fire Warriors with Photon Grenades
6x Fire Warriors with Photon Grenades
11x Kroot Carnivores
Kroot Shaper
Total - 246

Fast Attack
Piranha
Fusion Blaster
Flechette Discharger
Targeting Array
Total – 80pts

Heavy Support
Broadside
Shas’vre
ASS
Total – 90pts
Hammerhead Gunship
Railgun
Burst Cannons
Total – 150pts
Grand Total – 1000pts

Hive Fleet Diopsid:

HQ
Hive Tyrant
Toxin sacs
2x pairs of scything talons
Warp blast
Adrenal glands(WS)
2x Tyrant gaurds
Total – 242pts

Broodlord
Toxin sacs
Extended carapace
Retinue:
5 genestealers w/ scything talons and extended carapace
Total 210

TROOPS
9x genestealers
Total – 144pts
8x hormogaunts
Total – 80pts
19 spinegaunts w/ spinefists
Total – 95pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
Carnifex
Crushing claws
Scything talons
Extended carapace
Toxin sacs
Adrenal glands(WS)
Reinforced chitin
Bonded Exo-Skeleton
Tusked
Regenerate

Designer’s notes:
Regenerate is useless I know I had nothing else to buy and couldn’t afford my Lictor….

The Terrain Layout:

Hive Fleet Diopsid:

Kor'va Cadre:

[shadow=red,left]START[/shadow]

Tau Turn One
I infiltrated my Stealth Suits and Kroot. The stealths are behind a wall close to the tyranids, and the Kroot are in a forest near the Tau's deployment zone.

The Kor'va move forward, attempting to attain position.

The Stealthsuits emerge, and shoot at the hormogaunts, killing three. They then jump up to the tower, thinking they couldn't be reached. Bad decision.

Tyranids Turn One

The genestealers and Broodlord clambered up the tower wall, to attack the stealthsuits.

They devistated them. The rest of the horde advanced towards the main Tau force.

Tau Turn Two

The Tau get to their positions. I wanted to protect my Piranha, first time using it. I took my kroot out of cover, to....yes...protect my skimmer. Another bad decision

Tyranids Turn Two

The genestealers sprinted towards the Kroot, and engaged them in combat. The homrogaunts reached my FireWarriors and tried to kill them. Well, they killed nothing, and on my retalitation, the firewarriors killed one.

My Kroot were absolutely useless this game. They stupidly came out of cover...and got themselves killed. They were all slain except my shaper, which had one wound left. he did nothing, and later died.

Tau Turn Three

My Piranha moved forward. It blasted the Carnifex, not doing much. All the while, these few turns my railguns were concentrating on the hive tyrant. His gaurds were destoryed by now, green blood splattering the sandy ground. Yes...sandy. My crisis with all the tank hunting gear shot at the Tyrant, wounding him once, and this was all he was going to do. His plasma rifle shots were to no avail, for the shots were deflected off the carapace. The firewarrios whom were free shot at the spinegaunts, not remembering how many they killed... There was a few. The crisis suits launched their weaponry, and I ended my turn.

Tyranids Turn Three

The horde rushed the Tau. What movie does that remind you of? The genestealers reached the second team of firewarriors, and the Carnifex lurked in the background.
I'm sure he did some damage to me... Can't remember.

The Broodlord and company finish off the shaper and sneak around towards the hammerhead.

Tau Turn Four
As you can see in the picture above, the Tau were screwed... I forgot to move my crisis suits, and they were doomed. I kept my Broadside and Railhead in position, concentrating fire on the Tyrant. I should have moved them.

Tyranids Turn Four

The Carnifex assaulted the skimmer. Flechette discharged flew into the carapace of the attacker. it was ineffective. The creature crushed it effortlessly, shrapnel flying towards him upon explosion, and the carnifex was wounded.

In the assault phase, many tau are killed.

The genestealers sweeping advance into the tank hunting battlesuit. Upon killing it, the noble tau attempts to save his brethren, and exploded, killing three genestealers. (Good ol' failsafe detonator!)

Tau Turn Five

I moved my broadside and tank down the ramp, and the remaining crisis suits jumped into firing position. The railguns once again fired at the tyrant, but they shots wizzed by his monstrous body.

Tyranids Turn Five

The gaunts, including hormogaunts leaped onto the broadside, tearing at his armor.
NOTE: The guys in the background are the Tau's deceased!
The broadside survives, his shield drone eaten.

The genestealers and broodlord tear at the hammerhead, crawling inside the cockpit, armoury and pulling the crew out, slaying them. The hammerhead is destroyed, engines flaring.

Tau Turn Six

Knowing they didnt have a hope, the crisis suit and Kanoka move towards the bloodthirsty aliens. They fire their weaponry, and move in, charging.
The broadside kills two gaunts by stepping on them. ;D
(NOTE AGAIN! the units to the left are a graveyard.....)

Tyranids Turn Six

The gaunts, still clawing at the broadside, manage to tear open the cockpit and rip the limbs off the pilot. Cyan blood covered the suit and claws of the Tyranids.

The Tyranids made a sweeping advance, and collided with the crisis suit and Kanoka...

The Tau failed... The Tyranids had a decent feast that evening.

On a lighter note, the broodlord happily licks the Hammerhead's nose.

Comments and Critiscism please, and tell me what i did wrong! (again)

Old 03 Jun 2006, 13:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: BATTLE REPORT: Tau vs Tyranids

First, your terrain set-up was pretty bad fort he tau, all these straight line building-blocked your line of sight for your shooting units.
Old 03 Jun 2006, 13:40   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to Mailliw

I chose to put the main terrain piece (With the steps) on the board because it looked cool and cinematic to see tyranids swarming over it. Scott decided on the positioning of every other terrain piece.

http://s3.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=31004
Go there for a very cool game.
Old 03 Jun 2006, 14:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

always keep teh hammerhead moving, and shoot teh small stuff first. Submintions would have murdered the broodlord and company. ANd the pirhana was useless. Get more firewarriors. Crisis suits should have been going after broodlord, not hive tyrant. Leave slow stuff for last. Then use mobility to dance around stuff. The kroot are a good choice, just let them shoot. Especially when rapid firing, that will kill many gaunts.
Originally Posted by Faolin
"Human nature" only prevents a better future if we accept it as unchangeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Shasocastris, since my return to these boards, nothing has made a bigger impression than you and your views.
Old 03 Jun 2006, 14:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well, William(?) played it really well, and probably would've won even if scott was a bit smarter. But a lot of those bad moves by scott did cost him in the end.
Old 03 Jun 2006, 14:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I think the fact that you realized your mistakes is a good thing. Having that knowledge for the next time you play is a lot more important than a crushing victory over your opponent.

Having said that, if you do take the piranha again next game, give it the burst cannon.
Old 03 Jun 2006, 17:34   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

a problem with your list crisis suits can only have 3 things and youve got um with 4 and 5 things only the commander can have extra things try reading the codex a little more carefully
Old 03 Jun 2006, 19:38   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to Mailliw

Yes I pointed that fact out to scott, but when we searched the codex (The empire one..) I couldn't find anything about hardpoints in there so I let it slip....

http://s3.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=31004
Go there for a very cool game.
Old 03 Jun 2006, 19:45   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Kiznti

Here's waht I would have done diffrently
-First off, give the HH a multitracker and flettce. Survialbilty and firepower!
-Turn one, move it as far as you can forward, onto the platform.
-Turn two and three, use submunitions to blow away as much of the horde as you can.
-Firewarriors should be behind the tank, using it to prevent assult (much like FoF)

Hopefully, that would have given you more concentrated firepower to stop the flood of little guys. And since they'd have to assult the tank first, and can only hit on a 6, while they get wounded on 4+, the firewarriors would get more chances to open fire.

Nice try though. Keep fighting for the Tau'va!

Read the Strange Gazzet. You know you want to!
Old 03 Jun 2006, 19:57   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Krimxon Send a message via Yahoo to Krimxon

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Anyone figure out what movie that one picture was from?

Also, Cheers Mal!

Closed Thread