Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tournys
Closed Thread
Old 03 Jun 2006, 12:06   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Tournys

Quote:
Having never played in a tourny, would that seriously drop your score ? Just b/c somebody sees something new and unexpected. Just b/c they didn't bring an automatic counter? Please tell me your jk, if ur not then tournys suck.
Tournys aren't all that bad. Sportsmanship, painting, trivia and tactics are judged. Usually on a scale of 1-10. You are usually rated by the three players you go against.

Seeing new tactics is whats cool about tourny's, you get used to playing some people. Whats the saying on the Tau forum something about being wise and adapting...

Not to start army bashing (ooo is sooo tempting), when you feel cheated and not out maneuvered that's usually a good indication. Take for example:

1. Touny in Kansas City, "the gentlemen" played the Court of the young king; three wave serpents with the seer council in the back of one, and two death reaper characters with the exact same abilities. Fast shot, crack shot with the Str 8 launcher. In his defence, it was a totally leagal army that fit the rules of the game. What really dropped his score was his attitude and the fact then I asked him what models he had painted he couldn't give me a straight answer. I kinda smelled a rat; he got sunk and dealt with Tau style.

2. Earlier this year: Syracuse. The gentlemen I was playing was playing Chaos, Word Bearers, I took a different approach and played my DE army. If I said I was schooled, I would be understating myself. Gentlemen of the forum, I most humbly ask your forgiveness for the following statement.

I got my ass handed to me on a silver platter.

He was very friendly doing it, and gave me a few tips. As the last years GT winner exited the GW store I got beat but didn't feel snubbed. His army was very well done with composition, unit wise, and most of his models could have been entered into a golden demon contest. Overall a very good experience.
Old 04 Jun 2006, 05:10   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Tournys

Ummm, what is this thread about?
Old 04 Jun 2006, 07:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I've been wondering about that too...
Old 04 Jun 2006, 08:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

I'm not used to this style too. I am harbouring the theory it exists on other, more primitive forums, where asking a question to start a discussion is seen as weakness. Instead, these protoforums get threads when someone has a question, but pretends that they met someone who had the question, therefore bringing up the discussion and not loosing him points for alpha-maleship.

Since this really isn't the first time a thread has come up like this (once every two months I'd say), I'd say they get used to our superior and more civilized ways. It pains me to know that some poor fools live outside the guiding light of TO.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 05 Jun 2006, 13:39   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Yes I have strayed too far.

What I was trying to do was answer question about tourneys and what happens in them. Instead of diverting the thread off topic and starting another a new subject in the middle of an ongoing one I started this one.

By all means throw paper airplanes at me. There was no alpha-maleship intended. When I do try alpha maleship I am quite sure there are more than qualified people to keep me in check.
Old 06 Jun 2006, 01:11   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Does anyone know of tourneys in WA? ???
I just figured it fit into this topic, i am very sorry, if i was a horrible person just now...
Old 06 Jun 2006, 02:04   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OShovah
Does anyone know of tourneys in WA? ???
I just figured it fit into this topic, i am very sorry, if i was a horrible person just now...
There's a ton at the GW Seattle Battle Bunker in Bellevue, WA. It's in the factoria mall. Wednesday's Tau 3rd shere expansion, as well as there's stuff on Fri & sat. look them up online for the phone # under store finder on the GW site.

"Hold out baits to entice the enemy... If he is in superior strength, evade him... If he is taking his ease, give him no rest... Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected." ~Sun Tzu

Scientia potentia est
Old 06 Jun 2006, 02:09   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Thx how man ppl turn out for these, if i may ask?
Old 06 Jun 2006, 02:22   #9 (permalink)
lonely tau

as to the "point" of this topic i would like to add a bit to it. my first (and only tourney) i played in i used my Mech list and was able to overcome all but one person (and that was rather close) with an amazingly large victory against everyone but the one guy who beat me. the one guy who beat me was the one guy who isnt an ass and kept complimenting me on my paintjob and tactics... that takes some real patience...

Old 06 Jun 2006, 02:26   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
as to the "point" of this topic i would like to add a bit to it. my first (and only tourney) i played in i used my Mech list and was able to overcome all but one person (and that was rather close) with an amazingly large victory against everyone but the one guy who beat me. the one guy who beat me was the one guy who isnt an D'yi and kept complimenting me on my paintjob and tactics... that takes some real patience...
hmmm, as a newbie, what is a "mech" list,"d'yi"?

sorry about the short posts, really i am