Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Battle Rage!?
Closed Thread
Old 01 Dec 2004, 20:55   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Battle Rage!?

Just having an idle read through the tau codex and I came across an interesting paragraph at the end of page 14 regarding the death of am Ethereal. It seams that if one is killed then firewarriors a likely to advance towards the enemy while "pouring an unceasing volume of of fire into the enemy".

So I know about the cost of failure when an ethereal dies but how does the battle rage fit into the moral check, 1-3 withdraw 4-6 advance?

Thoughts?
Old 01 Dec 2004, 21:59   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Battle Rage!?

i think it would be interesting depending on what would happen exactly if the ethreal was killed but i think it would amke the ethreal more powerful and make people think twice about killing him
Old 01 Dec 2004, 22:33   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

i've always thought there should be a similar rule to that. maybe the FWs v\could rapid fire to 18 or something (while advancing)
AUTHORITARIAN OPPRESSION, FAMILY ABUSE, DEPRESSION CAUSED BY CONFORMALITY AND ECONOMIC DEVISTATION WILL REIGHN. HUNGRY CHILDREN WILL NOT SPARE THE GROCER. REMORSE IN ALL FORMS WILL BE REMOVED FROM HUMAN THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS FREEDOM WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE THROUGH REVOLUTION OR DEATH. THIS SYSTEM OF A DOWN IS UNAVOIDABLE AS LIFE ON THIS PLANET BECOMES UNNECASSARY. WE HAVE THE POWER TO REVERSE THE TIDES OF TIME BY MAKING OUR AWARENESS OF ABUSE KNOWN TO THE POWERS OF INDUSTRY AND THEIR UNCOUTH POLITICAL ARMS. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY. OPEN YOUR EYES. OPEN YOUR MOUTHS. CLOSE YOUR HANDS AND MAKE A FIST!
Old 02 Dec 2004, 02:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Tau Commander Send a message via MSN to Tau Commander

i think that was in fluff also note the part "which would just end up in a loss of ammo" so no real pont

want a sig or avatar like mine? http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=29403.0 request there and i'll do w/e you want
i used to be Tau_va back in the day o_0
Old 02 Dec 2004, 02:07   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Labes

Actually, the section you're refering to says that "Such an attack will only be halted by the expenditure of all ammunition"... Which shows that it isn't "useless" firing, per say, just that they shoot at everything... So it'd require upping the shots they can take (as suggested a Rapid Fire range of 18" or so) AS well as dropping their BS a point, to show that their shooting blindly in a rage... Or something along those lines...
Old 02 Dec 2004, 04:47   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to CrimsonWraith

I think this would be a great feature of a character ethereal, after all it does say an "especially beloved ethereal."
Make it have "failed leadership tests fall back, successful ones charge in a maddened rage"(whatever a tau's maddened rage might be)
Old 03 Dec 2004, 01:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

sounds good, except that would split up the tau army and it might be even worse than with a normal etherial. but maybe i'm just parinoid
AUTHORITARIAN OPPRESSION, FAMILY ABUSE, DEPRESSION CAUSED BY CONFORMALITY AND ECONOMIC DEVISTATION WILL REIGHN. HUNGRY CHILDREN WILL NOT SPARE THE GROCER. REMORSE IN ALL FORMS WILL BE REMOVED FROM HUMAN THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS FREEDOM WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE THROUGH REVOLUTION OR DEATH. THIS SYSTEM OF A DOWN IS UNAVOIDABLE AS LIFE ON THIS PLANET BECOMES UNNECASSARY. WE HAVE THE POWER TO REVERSE THE TIDES OF TIME BY MAKING OUR AWARENESS OF ABUSE KNOWN TO THE POWERS OF INDUSTRY AND THEIR UNCOUTH POLITICAL ARMS. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY. OPEN YOUR EYES. OPEN YOUR MOUTHS. CLOSE YOUR HANDS AND MAKE A FIST!
Old 04 Dec 2004, 05:14   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to CrimsonWraith

No more than half of the dirty cowards running off the table
Old 04 Dec 2004, 17:54   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to heaven

that would be cool a rules for the FW move or shoot at a better range
Closed Thread