Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My Shas'el
Closed Thread
Old 01 Jun 2006, 00:37   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default My Shas'el

OK now here is the right place to put this I have a Shas'el and I'm not sure weather to put a Plasma Rifle or a Missle Pod on it. Right now I am putting a CIB, Target Array, and a HW Multi Tracker. Now I don't now if I want range or AP punching power.

Old 01 Jun 2006, 00:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: My Shas'el

Range is not as important as the CIB only has a range of 18". This is not bad, as the shas'el has Independent Character status and cant be targeted unless it is the closes unit. I would recomend the plasma rifle, as more than likely you will be hunting infantry with your Shas'el.
Old 01 Jun 2006, 01:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

It depends on who your facing. DON'T glue the weapons on. leave it so that you can change them from battle to battle. The Crisis is best used when you can modify it for the role you want it to fulfill.
Old 01 Jun 2006, 01:47   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Could you tell us what you seem to go up against most of the time? that way some of us may be better able to tell you which is better.

as of right now you have no high str weaponry on your suit, mix that with the short range of the cib and you could possibly have some trouble.
Old 01 Jun 2006, 02:59   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well with the Missle I was going for some high strength and range so in battles I can pop a transport and use the 7 shots to take down troops. With the plasma I could go after terminators and SM's. I would face 'crons, SM's, Eldar, Chaos, and Legion of the Damned.

Old 01 Jun 2006, 03:02   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Facing so much power armor I say go with the plasma and leave popping the light tanks for your elite crisis suits and ionheads.

Old 01 Jun 2006, 10:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

honestly, for facing that many MEQ's I would say take off the CIB and just go fireknife. The CIB is better against GEQ's, and you will have a better chance of killing marines each turn with a fireknife.

Also it gives you the ability to go after most tanks (exceptions off the top of my head are the monolith and any landraiders)

If you were to be facing imperial guard, dark eldar, tau, or Nids the CIB would be good, but against MEQ's its kinda worthless.
Old 01 Jun 2006, 11:37   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howloutloud
honestly, for facing that many MEQ's I would say take off the CIB and just go fireknife. The CIB is better against GEQ's, and you will have a better chance of killing marines each turn with a fireknife.

Also it gives you the ability to go after most tanks (exceptions off the top of my head are the monolith and any landraiders)

If you were to be facing imperial guard, dark eldar, tau, or Nids the CIB would be good, but against MEQ's its kinda worthless.
A shas'o or Shas'el with TA that has a plasma/cib has far more MEQ and GEQ killing power than a fireknife.
2 S7 hits, or 5 S3 hits with a chance to go AP1.
Old 01 Jun 2006, 11:55   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

depending on the rest of your suit configuration....

if you've got a bunch of helios running around and your tank busting is covered, i'd go with plasma as you will have buddies to give you IC protection at that range.

if you're going to run a bunch of BC/MP suits, i'd go with missle pod because you 'll have buddies at the range as well.

if you get cib/pr, and no body else is trying to get ino 18", your 'el isn't going to get brave enough to get into 12.

however, if every one else is doing it~.... he probably will too.
Old 01 Jun 2006, 12:06   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Actual
if you get cib/pr, and no body else is trying to get ino 18", your 'el isn't going to get brave enough to get into 12.
With JSJ you could count the CIB as 24"... that and most likely any army will try and close in on tau.
Closed Thread