Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A Few Questions.
Closed Thread
Old 29 May 2006, 05:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to GRISGIT-warboss
Default A Few Questions.

1. I currently don't own the Tau Codex and was wandering whether it is possible to twin link a Cyclic Ion Blaster?
It would seem very effective, almost to effective doing this combined the the "rending" rule. Just a thought.

2. I play in a local Games Workshop store and there are a variety of different races. What would you say is the best configuration for taking on an unknown foe?
* * * * * * * * Thank you.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ?????
Old 29 May 2006, 05:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Kiznti
Default Re: A Few Questions.

1. It appears you're reffering to the CIB (although you don't state it outright.) The answer is No. Since it is special issue, you are only allowed to take one of them per army.

2. Either Hybrid or Mech. Playing Mech Tau has a great advantage when fighting CC oriented armies- all you're fire warriors are behind AV 10 or better walls. Aginst other shooty armys, the hybrid approach gives you a great chance to make the enemy come to your firebase, while mnounted units harass the flanks.

You're welcome
Kiznti

Read the Strange Gazzet. You know you want to!
Old 29 May 2006, 05:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Also the CIB doesnt have rending, no Tau weapon does.

Old 29 May 2006, 06:00   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to Destraal

I think he was meaning that it would be effective enough to be an equivalent to rending.
Old 29 May 2006, 06:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I think a good config. for an all comers list would be the FireKnive (PR, MP, MT). It gives you a lot of high STR, long range firepower. But I never use it myself, I prefer picking a weapon and TL'ing it for more efficiency.
Old 29 May 2006, 07:05   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aquila_XV8

I think it has been mutually agreed that the Fireknife is the best config for taking on almost anyone. But it lacks efficiency because it isn't set for destroying any one target. The best thing to do IMO is to just equip the crisis suit after you find out what army you are up against

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Welcome to the Navy, Chevron.

Longest Ever Maiden Chain: 55
Old 29 May 2006, 09:31   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to GRISGIT-warboss

Thanks for that guys
Old 29 May 2006, 09:49   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by chev?n05
I think it has been mutually agreed that the Fireknife is the best config for taking on almost anyone
that is merely an opinion, everyone has their own opinion on the best all-rounder crisis style, you are welcome to yours just as is everyone else.

I personally think that all styles are good in their own way (hence the previous paragraph), it depends on the way you use them and what your style is, and foremost, that you like that style.
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Old 29 May 2006, 15:34   #9 (permalink)
lonely tau

i believe that it is nice ot have 2 deathrains w/ targetting arrays (about 53 points i think) and then some stealths with a fusion blaster (squad of 4 is rather effective). now at GW because of the wide array of people i would say that you should take 1 squad of 12 fire warriors (bait) and then another squad of 12 in a pimpwed out devilfish (read:warfish) as this will allow you take on tons of low armor opponents. other than that i can truly say that the raigun (on HH) is a great choice.

Closed Thread