Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help!
Closed Thread
Old 25 May 2006, 05:33   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Help!

Hi there! i've been playing Tau for 1 year now and i've only won 2 battles (IG & Ultramarines). my friend has a khornate army with beserkers, possesed (both in rinos), raptors, a bloodthirster, and a fully tricked out daemon prince that can't be instant killed. what should i do?
Old 25 May 2006, 05:44   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Kiznti
Default Re: Help!

Depends. Give us some idea of what tactics you've tried, what army list you usually use, and waht the points limit usually is. Also helpful is how the opponent usually uses his army- what units he favors, where he likes to place the deamon prince, and so on.

Just from what's been said so far, I would recommend a full squad of Broadsides to kill the Rhinos, Bloodthirster, and Deamon Prince. You also want units of sniper drones to try and wittle down the raptors and beserkers- AP3 is so much fun. An Ion head may also be of use. Stay away from stealthsuits though, becasue burst cannons don't have enough range to get you any extra effects aginst these kind of enemies, and a deepstiking squad is as good as gone if it lands near one of the deamons.

Read the Strange Gazzet. You know you want to!
Old 25 May 2006, 05:54   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by knownofear
Hi there! i've been playing Tau for 1 year now and i've only won 2 battles (IG & Ultramarines). my friend has a khornate army with beserkers, possesed (both in rinos), raptors, a bloodthirster, and a fully tricked out daemon prince that can't be instant killed. what should i do?
Mech tau...from what you listed the only thing that can hurt you is the Blood thirster and the Demon if it is TMC and that is only in Close Combat and he would need 6's to hit you if you kept moving. He should never reach CC and you should be able to whittle him down by the sheer number of Str 5 hits in an army. I have done it
Old 25 May 2006, 06:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Really any of the general anti-MEQ tactics will work. Remember though, all his units can potentially get an 'extra' move because blood frenzy, so keep you're distance. Whats good though is that you'll probably see little incoming fire.

Like Kiznti drones are good, and Ionheads are awesome. Two of them would just own most of his army. Even with the MEQ save, massed fire is aways good with good maneuverability, so maybe fish mounted FWs (FoF is probably a bad idea though). Crisis suits should either be deathrains (twin-linked missile pods), the twin linked plasma or Helios (plasma and fusion), or simply fireknife. Deathrains can knock out the rhinos quick, while the AP2's go to work.

I've played a Khorne army before but they didn't have as many big guys. I think its going to come down to maneuverability, if you can outrun him you'll be fine.
Old 25 May 2006, 06:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exokan
Really any of the general anti-MEQ tactics will work. Remember though, all his units can potentially get an 'extra' move because blood frenzy, so keep you're distance. Whats good though is that you'll probably see little incoming fire.

Like Kiznti drones are good, and Ionheads are awesome. Two of them would just own most of his army. Even with the MEQ save, massed fire is aways good with good maneuverability, so maybe fish mounted FWs (FoF is probably a bad idea though). Crisis suits should either be deathrains (twin-linked missile pods), the twin linked plasma or Helios (plasma and fusion), or simply fireknife. Deathrains can knock out the rhinos quick, while the AP2's go to work.

I've played a Khorne army before but they didn't have as many big guys. I think its going to come down to maneuverability, if you can outrun him you'll be fine.
This will work with the blood frenzy. Get your fish close to him so that he blood frenzies and has to charge the Fish, then while the little guys are chasing your fish all around the board you just shoot him up with the rest of your army. This works for blood angels too
Closed Thread