Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Still no response on CIBs?
Closed Thread
Old 24 May 2006, 05:55   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 408
Default Still no response on CIBs?

Has their been an official response on CIBs yet? Why does it say reguardless of toughness.
__________________
A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

It is the calm and silent water that drowns a man.
Amaliel is offline  
Old 24 May 2006, 07:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,401
Default Re: Still no response on CIBs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaliel
Has their been an official response on CIBs yet? Why does it say reguardless of toughness.
You can only wound models up to T 6. A str 3 weapon cannot wound anything higher so you it doesn't matter if you roll a 6, all a 6 means is the shot is AP 1 since you can't normally wound anything higher then T6 it is irrelevant.
Go Guard Or Go Home is offline  
Old 24 May 2006, 07:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 610
Default Re: Still no response on CIBs?

yeah..piercing the armor means nothing if the thing can't even feel it.
__________________
Sig thanks to EvilKillaRuna of Relic Forums


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Anyways, just because we have already had someone who called it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMenUseCarbines
Heh, thought he'd know by now...watch this turn into another relationship advice thread.
*DING DING DING* You're a winner!!! you get your choice of bragging rights or nothing, choose wisely!!!
RealMenUseCarbines is offline  
Old 24 May 2006, 16:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York city
Posts: 1,646
Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike
Default Re: Still no response on CIBs?

The question is about the wording of the rule... it seems to imply that the CIB might wound anyway on a 6.

There's been no official response yet.
DireStrike is offline  
Old 24 May 2006, 19:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,401
Default Re: Still no response on CIBs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireStrike
The question is about the wording of the rule... it seems to imply that the CIB might wound anyway on a 6.

There's been no official response yet.
I can't see a 15 pt weapon with a str 3 being able to kill a wraith lord with a lucky roll of 6's or a 4-5 wound Fex
Go Guard Or Go Home is offline  
Old 24 May 2006, 21:39   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,997
Default Re: Still no response on CIBs?

The CIB is really for killing mass gaurdsmen with carapace armour or aspect warriors. AP4 does wonders against them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Aha, a brilliant point Impulse!
Impulse is offline  
Old 25 May 2006, 02:12   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 297
Default Re: Still no response on CIBs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer Tanis
[/quote

I can't see a 15 pt weapon with a str 3 being able to kill a wraith lord with a lucky roll of 6's or a 4-5 wound Fex
Do you know what the chances are of that lucky of a shot? Just to give you an idea, the chances of rolling 3 6's on 3 dice is 1/277, meaning if your CIB fired at a wraithlord and hit 3 times every turn of the game, it would take 46-47 games before you killed it in 1 round of firing. So it is hardly unbalanced, you could make the exact same argument for a assault cannon and they arent that cheesy.

I doubt it can wound anything w/ T7+ though, I think the book would of been cleaer on its ability to do so if that were the case.
Daggoth is offline  
Old 25 May 2006, 02:27   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,401
Default Re: Still no response on CIBs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggoth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer Tanis
[/quote

I can't see a 15 pt weapon with a str 3 being able to kill a wraith lord with a lucky roll of 6's or a 4-5 wound Fex
Do you know what the chances are of that lucky of a shot? Just to give you an idea, the chances of rolling 3 6's on 3 dice is 1/277, meaning if your CIB fired at a wraithlord and hit 3 times every turn of the game, it would take 46-47 games before you killed it in 1 round of firing. So it is hardly unbalanced, you could make the exact same argument for a assault cannon and they arent that cheesy.

I doubt it can wound anything w/ T7+ though, I think the book would of been cleaer on its ability to do so if that were the case.
I know what the odds are of rolling 3 6's. In fact my Cannoness with Blessed Weapon (costs 30 pts) was charged by a Wraithlord. Using the passion to give me a +2I I attacked with my 3 attacks, hit 3 times then rolled 3 sixes to slay it. That weapon costs 30 pts

As I said, no way a 15 point weapon that has a 18" range would be allowed to super 6 a Wraithlord or Fex on a lucky roll/
Go Guard Or Go Home is offline  
Old 25 May 2006, 02:32   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Brampton Ont. Canada
Posts: 6,441
Default Re: Still no response on CIBs?

I reckon its just something they accidentally left in from a play-test version of the rules
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch: the noob
Is it just me, or does Fish Ead really love to use a Dreadsock?...
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline  
Old 25 May 2006, 02:49   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
The Mothman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Canadian Maritimes
Posts: 2,210
Send a message via MSN to The Mothman
Default Re: Still no response on CIBs?

it is S{lasgun}, so it cannot wound anything above T{S Krak Grenade}

I dislike that weapon, and it is not worth the points. Ill take a Burst Cannon over the CIB any day. Leave the CIB for the Mek Boyz scrap pile.
__________________
Man, this origami dream is beautiful, but those wings will never leave the ground without a feather and a lottery ticket.
The Mothman is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
In response to the DoW debate. Akaiyou Imperial Guard 5 23 Dec 2008 04:55
Response Dump Gatler Enclave Talk 3 26 Jul 2007 20:01
Official Response calmsword Tau 13 21 Nov 2006 10:40
In response to poll mormonmobsta Forces of Chaos 3 26 Mar 2006 05:48
My response from GW about Marker lights Kesalin Tau 1 19 Mar 2005 10:06