Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Cities of Death Stratagems Guide
Old 22 May 2006, 03:31   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Rev_Enge(spc)
Default Cities of Death Stratagems Guide

Based on info already known about Cites Of Death, I present to you my thoughs on stratems and their uses with Tau. Of course, this is a bit premature, but it gives us something to think about:

Mech-Tau will have a field day with Plunging Fire and Rapelling Lines. In my oninion they should ALWAYS be used in tandem. Plunging Fire basically allows you to use the old Cityfight's height advantage, though it is much simplified. Rapelling Lines allaws you to quickly and safely disimbark from skimmers onto building roofs. This way, your FW's get a commanding and safe vanage point, as well as partially negating enemy cover. If enemy troops begn to scale the building, you can pick up and move to another one.

Staticky armies cold use Obstacles or Fortified Building. Obsacles allaw you to set up Razorwire or Tank Traps or Barricades to slow the enemy advance, while Fortfied Building is just as it is in the old 'dex. Another good one would be Demolitions. These allow you to destory a building, clearing a fire lane and hopefully destroying a large amount of enemy with it. Preliminary Bombardment also smashes builings, as do Siege Shells, but these are less controlled, keep in mind. The Prelim could smash the builgins YOU were planning on hiding in!

Booby Traps are a good all-rounder. You can put one in the bottom of buildings you plan to fly to te help deter footbound assaoulters or as a "perimiter defense" to give your gunline a bit more breathing room. They could also destroy nasty Walkers like Wraithlords or Dreads, or kill the Force Commander foolishly wandering off on his own. Command Center sounds like the C&C node, but doesn't take up a hard point. Power Generators are pretty useless, because you will have good to-wound chances without the re-rolls. Instead get Ammo Dump to balance out our mediocre BS without Markerlights. Combat Engineers is only useful if yu need your Kroot to assault a building. So not very.

As for Kroot & Auxiliaries:
This is where Krootox really come into play. In the cramped enviornment, you can Rapid-Fire even more sinve the terrain makes no guarantees if assaults. And you would probably want to stay still anyway rather than leave your cover an trust in, *ahem* armor. Fortifications enhance the Kroot's protection even further, and has unnmatched defensive assault capability. This way you can hold a builging with a large squad of well-protected untis that are pretty harmful both in Assault and Shooting. Infiltrate has an obvious effect, but only on 1 unit that can. Its s kinda useful, but I think Sewer Rats is better. This allows you to place Sewer Entrance Counters that can be used by ANY 1 infantry unit. ANY, which mans that Krootox's limitations will no longer be a problem. With a full-out unit, you have Hounds to take casulties, 3 assault powerhouses with good shooting ability, and a large number of "buffers" to ensure that they will remain a scoring unit at the end of the game, no matter how many turns it takes.
Sewer Rats can also be a good poly to take out enemy artillery. a small Gue'Vesas quad is expendable enough to be sacrificed so far behind enemy lines after destoying a tank or two with EMP grenades, or, with a Markerlight, could guide seekers into the enemy rear armor. A Full-size squad could be a nasy turprise especailly, taking over unguarded buildings in the rear of the enemy line, or at least foring him to divert resources. Kroot Guns on Krootox could also do well taking out lightly armored Basilisks or Whirlwinds.

What do you think?

"In war, laws are silent"
Rev_Enge(spc) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2006, 04:27   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Rogue_FireWarrior
Default Re: Cities of Death Stratagems Guide

nice article i think this desserves a karma

wins:21 Draws:9 Losses:8
[/img]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn (working on campaign)
They may be laughing at your red paint jobs or bat-eared grots when you deploy, but after loosing a few units to "da green horde" they'll learn to take your sonz of funguz seriously.
Rogue_FireWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2006, 08:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Cities of Death Stratagems Guide

I'm worried about preliminary bombardment....it will hurt us...

And i'm really scared of assault...

Quote:
Another good one would be Demolitions. These allow you to destory a building, clearing a fire lane and hopefully destroying a large amount of enemy with it. Preliminary Bombardment also smashes builings, as do Siege Shells,
I think siege shells works only on artillery weapons... And what's demolitions?...

Quote:
Rapelling Lines allaws you to quickly and safely disimbark from skimmers onto building roofs. This way, your FW's get a commanding and safe vanage point, as well as partially negating enemy cover. If enemy troops begn to scale the building, you can pick up and move to another one.
Most enemy assault units will be able ti fly on the roof and kick our warrios *ss.... But anyway good tactica....

Karma needed for this guy

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild, and freak out an' do anything they wanna do"
aglim is offline   Reply With Quote