Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Finally, my new Tau army will be ready.
Closed Thread
Old 21 May 2006, 12:19   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Finally, my new Tau army will be ready.

i currently own 2 squads of fire warriors (6 per squad bassiclly what came in the fire awrrior set)

today my crisis suit will arrive and i will finally have a legal army one thats above 250pts and has at least 1 HQ choise and 2 troop choises

i will turn my cricic suit into a commander and give him fusion blaster ,palsma rifle,missile pod,hard wired multi tracker,and hard wired drone controller with 2 gun drones this will allow me to make fusion blaster shots gun drone shots plasma rifle shots and missile pod shots all in 1 turn thats alot of powerful shots for 1 HQ choice seeing as how i choose the 2 strong long range wepons (plasma rifle and missile pod) and the one really powerful short range wepon (fusion fusion blaster)

do ya notice a pattern here its an advanced version of the fire knife

its going ta be the perfectly leathel combination becuase ill be facing ALOT of space marines

so what does everybody think of my new army and super deadly shas'O
Old 21 May 2006, 12:31   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: finally my new tau army will be ready

well, first off even with a multi tracker he can only fire two shots per turn.

and the gun drones arent that useful, consdering that they give basic dakka, and the O has high strength shots, so they dont mesh too well.

but, this config does work well:

Shas'O
-Plasma rifle, missile pod, fusion blaster
-HW multi tracker

also, if your starting a new army, id recomend playing combat patrols. its a 400-500 pt game, and you only need 1 troops choice, and you dont need an HQ. the rules are in the rulebook, or at this link:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/warhamm...at%2Dpatrol/1/

good luck with your army.

Old 21 May 2006, 12:39   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

thanks what should i buy next a piranha or another 12 warroirs ???
Old 21 May 2006, 12:59   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Save up and by the Battleforce, you will get better value for money that way

If you dont want to however i would recomend buying a Devilfish for your firewarriors and then maby some more Firewarriors or some Kroot

As to the Piranha they seem to feature more often in high point lists as our hammerheads can give us more reliable Tank busting and our Stealth Suits can supply horde busting power(which dose not mean they do not have there uses), However if you like the look of the model or you like how it works then by all means go out and buy it ;D
Old 21 May 2006, 13:38   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

i dont have the money for a battleforce in the near future maybe ill ask for one for cristmas but at the moment im looking for something like thinking pirhanha or a fire warrior squad
Old 21 May 2006, 13:55   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

id get another firewarrior squad. that way you have some more options over squad sizes and you dont have to field squads of 6.

did you check out the combat patrol link i posted?
Old 21 May 2006, 14:05   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Cant go wrong with firewarriors.

Give yourself a good strong base of a 3x 12 firewarriors, that will provide you with enough flexibility and staying power to last most games.

After that, try a mounted squad in a devilfish. If you stay troop based, stealth suits are quite lethal even in small numbers.
Old 21 May 2006, 17:44   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Finally, my new Tau army will be ready.

Yup, it's all about the Firewarriors. Personally I'd then get a HH. They're a staple of Tau armies, can kill marines with the ion cannon, and scare opponents to fire at it so your other units won't see as much incoming fire.
Old 21 May 2006, 17:47   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The guys are right. firewarriors.

Curiosity begets knowledge, knowledge begets curiosity, only great tzeentch sates both.
Old 21 May 2006, 20:52   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

I vehemently disagree. Firewarriors are only necessary because of the 1+ requirement. Everything they can do, something else in the army can do better.

There are only two reasons to take more than one squad of fire warriors:
1) The rest of your FOC is totally full
2) You enjoy using them, or want a fluffier list. I fall into this category myself, as I like doing the double FOF.

I would recommend you get Kroot. Pirannhas seem to only be useful in larger games - if they are the only vehicular target, they will be shot down immediately. Still, 24 fire warriors isn't really a bad number, but 36 might be too much.
Closed Thread