Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Would an opponent get angry with this kind of Mech cadre or is it legal?
Closed Thread
Old 20 May 2006, 09:33   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Would an opponent get angry with this kind of Mech cadre or is it legal?

Hi! just throwing numbers around and calculated a 1500 mech cadre which looks like this

HQ- ethereal w/ 6 FW, WF with - SMS, Multi tracker, Targeting array= 220

Elite- 1 Crisis Suit deathrain= 43

Troops- 4 teams of 6 FW and WF - SMS, TA, DL, Multi Tracker, Flechette = 720

Fast - 1 pirhana - BC, TA, DL = 70

Heavy - HH1 - Rail Gun, SMS, Multi Tracker, Decoy Launcher= 170
HH2 - Ion Cannon, SMS, Multi Tracker, Decoy L = 135
HH3 - Ion Cannon, SMS, Multi tracker, Decoy L = 135

Grand Total of 1493

I don't have this kind of list but it would be interesting if it can be played...what do you guys think?
Old 20 May 2006, 09:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Pisces_808
Default Re: Would a opponent get angry with this kind of mech cadre or is it legal?

If you make the Elite selection your commander it would be a legal list.

But I think you have a pretty good chance your opponent will yell: "Cheese" eventough it's a list that's just like an armoured company.
I would be tempted to use this list, to bad I don't like to paint tanks ... ^-^

Greetz

Old 20 May 2006, 10:13   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Would a opponent get angry with this kind of mech cadre or is it legal?

Thanks for the reply..i made a mistake actually..HQ is the ethereal and the FW with Warfish belongs to the troops selection but "dedicated" to guarding the ethereal. So would this make it legal?...and yes i know another person would scream "cheese" at this list but it would be playable and would work like an armoured company...
I do have enough vehicles to do this but as what you said it is such a pain to paint all of them (finished painting 5 already)...plus waiting for a nice delivery of 7 pirhanas to add to my one to make 2-3 possible "schools" of nasty fast attack..though i have to make a new mech list...just imagine 8 pirhanas zooming around and biting large chunks from the opponent (that is if the dice gods are angry and you get 1's )...
I would like more comments though..thanks
Old 20 May 2006, 10:26   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

commander in crisis is 1+ so you must take.

ethereal in a devilfish, even with a better bs firewarrior team is not worth the points. he can't give the ld bump to anyone in your army, even if they did ever deploy.

and I'm pretty sure you would get cries of cheese coming from your opponent for this list. although I personally think that it would be kind of easy to take down. just have to get rid of the hh first. after that its all downhill.
Old 20 May 2006, 10:36   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Dope!!!...forgot that one about crisis commanders...well that could be remedied..still leaves 8 skimmers zooming around...and yup this can easily go downhill if the right units are taken out... and smart opponents can do this well... "cheesiness" is in the eyes of the beholder anyway... do people shout "cheese" with a mechanized guard regiment anyway?
Old 20 May 2006, 14:39   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

at first glance I'm sure that 6 HH against me would be pretty intimidating...
and yes if you go to a public place with this list and play it you would hear alot of people yelling cheese
Old 20 May 2006, 15:17   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

6 Hammerheads?? I only see three. Am I missing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanWarrior
at first glance I'm sure that 6 HH against me would be pretty intimidating...
and yes if you go to a public place with this list and play it you would hear alot of people yelling cheese
Old 20 May 2006, 17:35   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Would an opponent get angry with this kind of Mech cadre or is it legal?

This list will be legal with a commander instead of an Ethereal, but I am not sure how successful it would be. It is very mobile, of course, and extremely resisitant to an army focusing on close combat or massed low-strength fire, but it is a little light in terms of offense. If your opponent can kill one or two of the Hammerheads, you may find it very hard to force him off of objectives. The other problem is with six or seven skimmers on the table, you are quickly going to run out of places to hide them, especially since one of the cardinal rules of a skimmer list is to keep them moving.
Old 20 May 2006, 21:32   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Would an opponent get angry with this kind of Mech cadre or is it legal?

It looks like this list would really lack in anti-tank fire, though. After the first Railhead is taken out, you do not have any weapons over str 7 to go tank hunting.

By getting rid of the ethereal squad (as stated it's not really worth it), you could try to get some deepstriking fusion blaster crisis teams. As well, you should get a fusion blaster on the piranha.

-"We hit that bullseye and the rest of the dominoes will fall down like a house of cards. Checkmate."

- "He who laughs last....didn't get it."
Old 20 May 2006, 21:38   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Shadowsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaiden
It looks like this list would really lack in anti-tank fire, though.
He's right, but it's very good

Triple Threat x

Friends are like potatoes, if you eat them They die

I am the sig virus, add me to your sig so I can spread.
Closed Thread