Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

O'Shovah Worth it now
Closed Thread
Old 17 May 2006, 23:24   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_knight
Default O'Shovah Worth it now

i found that he is well worth it now i mean you spend 170 for the same things yes it play so what of a negitive effect i mean you can lose alot if you running allot of Hammerheads but i have found them to be a waste and not worth the points and i have found that the Broadsides are so much better then the hammer heads and really arent that picked off as the tank. allso i think that using allot of more troops and i use allot of xv8's fireknife is really usefull in a game of 1500 from O'Shovah you get free Bonding yes bonding knifes arent that much points but it saves it any way. i have found that in a V8 army that i like to run i made my mind that useing allot of fire power from the Fire warriros and troops it really takes the eyes of the emeny to your troops and then you use the v8's and pop out and fire and hide

thats just my thoughts

SHADY
Old 17 May 2006, 23:27   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: O'Shovah Worth it now

Dude omg seriously... its called grammar, use it. My eyes hurt from the lack of punctuation at all..
Old 17 May 2006, 23:39   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

broadsides are better for fire power but hammerheads make up for it with their* movement and are harder to kill . like everthing its all up to the player .

ow ya have you seen the conversion for the broadside on the game workshot site its wicked http://us.gamesworkshop.com/games/40...ns/default.htm
Old 17 May 2006, 23:55   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to freaky_beef

Well...now that we have Sniper Drones and Sky Rays for Heavey....O Shovah looks a bit better. I like the idea of having a Crisis heavy list. In Heavy you are a little short handed...but thats it. I never use kroot (all though I do have the intentions of doing so sometime) and Stealth are my favorite unit...but I usually only use 1. So it all works out. Except for the HH.

Broadsides are okay, but lets face it, they die quick. Marines...lascannons. Tyranids...well...TYRANIDS, your in CC quick. Orks....Choppas. Eldar...Bright/Dark Lances. These all take care of Broadsides fast. So thats why HH are way better. Very mobile, and hard to kill. Only using one HH would be devistating. Skyrays arnt too bad...but they are no HH. Its cool having moving markerlights and missles. And Sniperdrones are way sweet due to the stealth...the range of the weapon (so they can take full advantage of the stealth), the str and AP, and the markerlights.

I also think its cool to have a 7 MAN RETINUE CRISIS SQUAD. Thats pretty sweet.

All in all...I think hes worth trying....but not often. Hammerheads are too good to pass.
Old 18 May 2006, 00:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Bonding is free, once you fufill a certain requirement, don't overlook that.
Old 18 May 2006, 00:25   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaky_beef
I also think its cool to have a 7 MAN RETINUE CRISIS SQUAD. Thats pretty sweet.

All in all...I think hes worth trying....but not often. Hammerheads are too good to pass.
I can't see a crisis heavy list working honestly. An 8 squad crisis squad, JSJ becomes impossible to pull off to avoid incoming fire. Crisis suits are good but fragile for their cost, 1 good krak missile, lascannon, melta gun, multi melta, bright lance, dark lance, warp blast, earthshaker, demolisher,pulse laser,railgun, etc etc shot and they go up in smoke.
Old 18 May 2006, 00:27   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

And see....I totaly agree. I use crisis as support. Not a main option. It just think its cool to have that many crisis in a squad.
Old 18 May 2006, 00:30   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

It would be cool, but so useless game-wise. A single basilisk shot could take out over 200 points worth of models easy.
Old 18 May 2006, 00:37   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

...of course that would actually require the BASILISK to HIT. Hahaha...it appears everyone has problems with ords hitting where they want!

I think this list is more for fun rather than a competitive one.
Old 18 May 2006, 00:55   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

First off, work on correcting your spelling, and grammar, (even if most of your mistakes are typos). Taking the time to use the spell check feature will make your posts better, and will be much easier for others to read.
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
Closed Thread