Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Kroot Knarloc Riders
Closed Thread
Old 17 May 2006, 19:43   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Kroot Knarloc Riders

Just for grins and giggles I bought a set of Kroot Knarloc Riders. I'm very impressed w/ the detail FW put into them and consider them a good buy(for now).

Has any one else experimented with these units, and what kind of results have you had?

If already posted please forward link.

Oglevi
Old 17 May 2006, 19:56   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Kroot Knarloc Riders

Thought you were only allowed to use those in a kroot mercenaries army? I suppose you could proxy them for normal carnivores tho.
Old 17 May 2006, 19:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to freaky_beef

Kroot Riders used to be Krootox.

In the past codex...they SUCKED. It took up a heavy support (and we all take 3 hammerheads...right?) And they were way expensive..50 pts was way too much.

Now they are 35pts, and can be taken as troops with krooot. They are decent....but they add some flavor. THey are alright....just have some hounds and kroot to go with it and it will be a sweet troop selection!
Old 17 May 2006, 20:08   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Knarloc riders and Krootox's are totally different. Kroot Knarloc riders according to IA3 are a fast attack choice (cavalry) for a Kroot merc army that may be used in a Tau army consisting of at least one unit of Kroot. Check out FW for pics.

I use 3 Krootox's all the time now when fielding a kroot unit in my army. They really help in CC.

Now is there anyone out there who has first hand experience useing "Kroot Knarloc Riders"?
Old 17 May 2006, 20:59   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to freaky_beef

....uuuhhhhhh.....(feels stupid).................

My bad, I read it wrong. I thought you ment Kroot Riders. Oh well, cant help you with Knarlocs. All I know is that you have to have your opponents permission to use IA things.
Old 17 May 2006, 21:40   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I think they look mean: 3 wounds and good toughness... IŽd use them for style or for objective capture. Or maybe as a counter charge unit, they might be stronger then they looks give to believe...
Old 17 May 2006, 23:04   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

What turned me on to them was the potential 24" move in a turn(6"Move, up 6"shooting{Fleet}, and 12"charge due to being cavalry). Having that little supplement to my Kroot distraction tactics would really help, especially against Marines.

One question that came to mind was weather I have to keep them in coherency w/ the rest of my Kroot. It says no such thing in IA3 about them or the Great Knarlocs

IA3 comes out just before Tau Empire and GW & FW don't bother to colaberate on the rules?

Even though they are not Chapter Approved, I can't wait to try them out. Oglevi
Old 18 May 2006, 02:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

GW and FW seem to have colaborated on their rules given the hints in IA3 to new gear. I would say they dont need to remain in coherency, nothing says they have to and there is no reason to assume they should be any different than other units.

Forge World stuff is deffinetly cool, its great to have the Piranha brought into the new dex. Tell us how the riders work for ya.

Old 18 May 2006, 02:48   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

my friend has some and allowed me to test em once and they are awesome(or i was very luckey) pretty much sweeped through an imperial gaurd army

Quote from: The Hawk on Today at 08:06:41 PM
Wow cheeseman you are the best TO member by far!!
Old 18 May 2006, 06:18   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

They were drop dead awesome in Imperial Armor Update... but got a LOT worse when the new rules in IA3 came out. I still use mine from time to time in fun games but they're not something I'd consider in a competative environment. Having models with fleet and a 12" charge can be useful in certain circumstances, and as you say the models are amazing. As with everything else, it's all up to you
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
Closed Thread